Top Gun 2

Red Five

Yeah, she had one job In the original one and she was bad at it.  She was rendered incompetent when it came to passing along intel to the navy.  On top of that, he’s running late from homo-erotic volleyball practice so she had plenty of time to realize that such a romantic interlude was wildly inappropriate and could get him court-martialed.  

To top it all off—-she wears a fucking sweater around her neck in case it gets below 75 in San Diego in the fucking summer!   

How did they not just let the Russians kill her?   I would trade ten of her for one goose. 

3 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Careful there is already a twitter backlash that Cruise and Kilmer are back but not the "two original" older women. ie-  Hollywood is age sexist. 

I approve of Phoenix- 

I can only hope the twatter virtue signaling pussies will be far far away from this movie.  They can have Star Wars; it’s complete ass these days.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Paint her gray, throw her in the water, call her the "USS McGillis".  She can collect a paycheck and the older fans get an Easter egg.

goddamn.  it takes good shit to actually make me audibly laugh out loud but this did it. 

• Like 2

i have a buddy that did ASE at UT for the sole reason that he saw top gun and loved it, and thought ASE was a decent path to being a naval aviator.  turns out, not only was he right and he's flying naval planes right now, but they used his hangar for some of the shots.  he sent me a picture of maverick's plane he snapped.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Paint her gray, throw her in the water, call her the "USS McGillis".  She can collect a paycheck and the older fans get an Easter egg.

This is not very polite.  Hilarious, but not very polite. I also laughed out loud.

Edited by smwhorn

9 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i have a buddy that did ASE at UT for the sole reason that he saw top gun and loved it, and thought ASE was a decent path to being a naval aviator.  turns out, not only was he right and he's flying naval planes right now, but they used his hangar for some of the shots.  he sent me a picture of maverick's plane he snapped.

tenor.gif?itemid=5848728

13 hours ago, wood said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5848728

Relevant parts of the email:

All of the mountain flying scene were all shot at Whidbey Island, WA. I have flown the low level route that is in the movie about 100 times! . . . 

They spent about a month in total up in Whidbey. They actually used my squadrons hangar and ramp space while they were up there. I have attached a photo of the plane that they used for filming. 

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

5 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Relevant parts of the email:

/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Allsome!

My dad was a Navy F-4 maintenance shop chief & we lived on Whidbey when I was a baby...about 1966. There's a decent chance that's the same hangar my dad worked in. Semi-related csb because Naval Aviation movies: Later when my dad ran the F-4 shop on the Enterprise during Viet Nam, Keith Carradine worked for him. He had ties to the Tora Tora Tora director, who (on Carradine's rec) asked my dad to come run maintenance for the planes he was going to use to shoot the film. He couldn't do it 'cause he was on active duty. Not sure he woulda anyway. /csb

1 hour ago, wood said:

Allsome!

My dad was a Navy F-4 maintenance shop chief & we lived on Whidbey when I was a baby...about 1966. There's a decent chance that's the same hangar my dad worked in. Semi-related csb because Naval Aviation movies: Later when my dad ran the F-4 shop on the Enterprise during Viet Nam, Keith Carradine worked for him. He had ties to the Tora Tora Tora director, who (on Carradine's rec) asked my dad to come run maintenance for the planes he was going to use to shoot the film. He couldn't do it 'cause he was on active duty. Not sure he woulda anyway. /csb

My Dad was stationed on Whidbey at that time.  He was an A-3 navigator.

/csb

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:16 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

I know some of the people he dealt with at Walmart and he went to Bentonville once to help promote a DVD back when people bought DVD's.  He went out to dinner that night by himself at some restaurant on the town square and hung out for almost 3 hours while people came up and introduced themselves and had their pictures takes with him.  I can't think of another celebrity that would do that.   

Really, helluva guy.  There's just the space people thing.....

heard the same thing from a friend of mine about him.  My buddy is a rancher and chopper pilot.  He was somewhere in New Mexico training to fly a new chopper.  Cruise was there too learning to fly or training.  This is like an upscale resort that teaches or trains chopper pilots.  I think Cruise may have been buying one.  They were both there for a week.  He said Cruise was super nice.  After they initially met my friend kind of backed off as he did not want to bother him.  Cruise sought him out and they end up hanging out all week.  Said he was one of the nicest human beings he has ever met.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

heard the same thing from a friend of mine about him.  My buddy is a rancher and chopper pilot.  He was somewhere in New Mexico training to fly a new chopper.  Cruise was there too learning to fly or training.  This is like an upscale resort that teaches or trains chopper pilots.  I think Cruise may have been buying one.  They were both there for a week.  He said Cruise was super nice.  After they initially met my friend kind of backed off as he did not want to bother him.  Cruise sought him out and they end up hanging out all week.  Said he was one of the nicest human beings he has ever met.

Well, he's an Operating Thetan, so I guess this checks out

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I will watch, I will love it and it will make a shit ton of money but it literally looks like a remake of the original. 

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

With much better cinematography.

So it's going to be the best movie ever.  Got it.