Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Yeah no thanks. He isn't fixing shit here. He leaned on a great defense/run game to get the Super Bowl a few years ago and deep playoff run last year. You aren't getting that here
307142951_1102606490380846_5347811675949845152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8MzlUfTV1gIAX_dAxDp&tn=9sOGno1TRA_YyW14&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=00_AT9jwdYR1-D4PFs7QyKCSj6jE9Ss5rm7LyyfbMy_IEFbCA&oe=632A8B66

Jerry Rice isn’t the brightest bulb in the box. Niners aren’t trading him unless the draft capital in exchange is huge. They fixed the cap hit, and should be having doubts about Trey. There is some concern that his shoulder isn’t fixed yet.

Be smart and play who ya got. Between rush and Grier you might pull a few wins. If so great. If not get some better picks. The question: what can you trade and get some more picks? Martin. Parsons. Lamb. Pollard. Tank. That’s about it.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This guy is fucking stupid ass fuck. I think he's dumber than his dad 3db5c6783ba0167155a40b2978727e56.jpg

We rework contracts and then don’t spend the money in free agency so, if we later decide to spend money on free agency, we don’t have to rework contracts. That about right?

On 9/14/2022 at 12:18 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 9/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:
how much wasted $ is wrapped up into Dak & Zeke? Imagine the quality free agents they could have.   This has the feel of the last days of Romo-Murray-Dez, doesn't it (and that trio was superior). Right now, and I know this is a Texas board, but even with a good throwing hand, I'd say Sam Ehlinger is a better QB than Dak.  They need to make some QB depth acquisitions asap.  

We have plenty of cap space to sign free agents but we don't. We've had plenty of space for years. They love their own spare homegrown players. Could have had Von Miller this year but didn't. Don't be fooled to thinking it's because of those contracts. How about when they were both on rookie deals? Still nada.

i'm not familiar with cap-onomics, but Dallas should have cut bait with Zeke long time ago.  RB isn't that difficult to fill with quality athletes and Zeke isn't an all time great to command that kind of $.  Dak is a little different, maybe keep/maybe let go (I'd let go), only because he's a QB.  Rule of thumb -- if a player is bitching, on his career downslope, and not a HOF material -- cut bait.  It's not worth it.  Football players are a commodity with rare exceptions, unlike the NBA where individual talent can carry a franchise for years. 

And bringing in a QB in season only makes sense if that QB knows your system already. Anyone else won't be able to get it down and worked out with the team in time. So really the only person that would make any sense is Andy Dalton who's on a 1 yr deal with the Saints. But he's not good enough to be worth giving anything up for him other than a 6th or 7th and the Saints aren't ditching their backup QB for that. 

It's stupid or disingenuous to suggest anyone other than QBs who know the system and all this speculation is just for attention. The options are Rush, Grier, and Dinucci. 

Dak can surely be back healthy after the bye week at the latest. Until then you have Cincy, Giants, Commanders, Rams, Eagles, Lions, and Bears. 

They aren't beating Cincy, Rams, or Eagles but if they can beat 3 of the Giants, Commanders, Lions, and Bears they can be 3-5 after the bye and still alive in the division. That has to be worst case if they have a shot to win the division again or get a WC. They need at least 3 wins before the bye

41 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The offseason play wasn't to let Dak go. It was to pull every string possible to add as much talent for him to win with as possible. It's what teams who win the super bowl in recent years do. 

They did the opposite

And according to Dipshit, they did the opposite deliberately 

i'm not familiar with cap-onomics, but Dallas should have cut bait with Zeke long time ago.  RB isn't that difficult to fill with quality athletes and Zeke isn't an all time great to command that kind of $.  Dak is a little different, maybe keep/maybe let go (I'd let go), only because he's a QB.  Rule of thumb -- if a player is bitching, on his career downslope, and not a HOF material -- cut bait.  It's not worth it.  Football players are a commodity with rare exceptions, unlike the NBA where individual talent can carry a franchise for years. 

You can learn some basic capology. It’s fairly simple and lets you vent your frustrations properly. If Zeke were cut now he would cost the Cowboys $18.3 mil in dead cap space, more than the combined cap hit of the combined RB crew of any other team. They were stuck last year ($30m cap hit)

I agree RBs are dime a dozen. Load em up as cheap rookies use em up turn them loose and get supplemental picks. No nfl rb is worth a second contract for big money. I wouldn’t sign Walter Payton to a second contract these days.

There are hard numbers for NFL RBs. 1500 touches. 27 years old. A major knee injury. Done. Zeke is a high mileage player. 28 years old. 2000+ touches. Add in the shit for brains attitude they should have played hard ball with him and drafted his replacement in the fourth round. Dak cannot be released for years; if you cut him it’s $109m in dead cap space.

Well if the defense continues to bend and not break they’ll be in most games. Just depends on the offense being capable of holding onto the ball and taking Advantage of scoring opportunities.

Eventually they’ll have to get some turnovers on defense right?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m still laughing at the obvious OPI that wasn’t called when I KNOW our receivers would be.

And now they’re going to lose. Was only a matter of time. This defense can get pressure but can’t hold. Too many mistakes extending drives for points and their inability to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down.

More of the same.

• Hook 'Em 1