Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

indians had more issues with the Chief Wahoo logo and it morphed into Indians being a problem because native americas is more PC.

redskins mainly DC effect plus "skin" being in name

chiefs and braves just aren't viewed as bad as the other 2 and city location also.

Straight run, straight pass, play action on third and ten. Fooled everybody.
Early in the game, play action on first and second moved the ball. Boy Genius is putting me to sleep.

Yeah running play action on 3rd and long is worthless.

Not impressed by the offense at all and they are playing super scared.

I thought Cooper was the guy everyone wanted? Then the offense needs to be playing a little more open. They’re one bad play away from being down 7-6.

My biggest concern is that Washington will figure out that Wentz is going to be the reason they can’t win and keep him from throwing long passes. Quick passes and runs can hurt this defense.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm not splained.

sidebar: watching this feels like the cowboys are playing Mean Machine in yellow

DC and CLE, more liberal thinking less resistant to a change like that fanbases

ATL, KC....opposite of that.  And before you say anything about Georgia, remember we are talking baseball there.

Defense can pass rush. That’s it. They got run over otherwise.

This is the problem with this piss poor offensive game plan. Conservative play calling. Kicking FGs instead of going for it.

Dallas has had bad field position all game. They gotta take advantage of good drives.

And just like that. Fuck these pussy ass coaches.

Fuck this version of the offense.

Honestly I’m not even blaming Cooper. He’s shown he can play in a faster paced and more open offense. I’m blaming the coaches for playing scared.

This game will be a close 3 point game the whole time when it should be an easy walk of a win.

They’d still be up 3-7 points if they trusted their QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Defense can pass rush. That’s it. They got run over otherwise.

This is the problem with this piss poor offensive game plan. Conservative play calling. Kicking FGs instead of going for it.

Dallas has had bad field position all game. They gotta take advantage of good drives.

I think the Announcer bragging about what a great defense this is, three games into the season, is just a little bit premature.

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The words "Chiefs" and "Braves" certainly have less negative connotations, but the imagery is still a problem. I attended a Chiefs game a few years ago and it was all tom-toms and stereotype bullshit at every break.

do you think notre dame will have to stop calling themselves the irish?

DC and CLE, more liberal thinking less resistant to a change like that fanbases
ATL, KC....opposite of that.  And before you say anything about Georgia, remember we are talking baseball there.

Few Indians I know (Comanche, pottawottamie, Chickasaw, Cherokee, Kiowa) have issues with respectful mascots and team names or even drumming or chants. In Oklahoma a ton of schools have Indian names. They have more issues with Sooners.

Redskins for many was ok when they were winning but Snyder’s insistence it was a respectful name turned them off. To me Redskin is the same as using jiggaboo, kike, beaner, gook, or ofay. It had to go. Had Snyder gone with a respectful Indian reference it would been accepted by most. The league wanted it gone.

Cleveland couldn’t get past the imagery of chief wahoo. Guardians is a sucky name.

I don’t want to see a total ban on any Indian reference. Fighting Illini and other tribe names should be fine when respectful, same with braves, chiefs, Warriors. No one says shit about the Orangemen, or Crusaders etc. there are some that want the rangers and cowboys to change their names. Fuck that.

8 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Wentz sucks.

I feel super vindicated watching Wentz fail. No doubt @Vic Mackey feels the same.

I'm sure Carson's a decent guy, but the way so many commentators and analysts rode his jock when he first entered the league ... and for what? Eagles won a Super Bowl, but Big Dick Nick led that charge. Several years on now and Wentz still hasn't done shit.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Few Indians I know (Comanche, pottawottamie, Chickasaw, Cherokee, Kiowa) have issues with respectful mascots and team names or even drumming or chants. In Oklahoma a ton of schools have Indian names. They have more issues with Sooners.

Redskins for many was ok when they were winning but Snyder’s insistence it was a respectful name turned them off. To me Redskin is the same as using jiggaboo, kike, beaner, gook, or ofay. It had to go. Had Snyder gone with a respectful Indian reference it would been accepted by most. The league wanted it gone.

Cleveland couldn’t get past the imagery of chief wahoo. Guardians is a sucky name.

I don’t want to see a total ban on any Indian reference. Fighting Illini and other tribe names should be fine when respectful, same with braves, chiefs, Warriors. No one says shit about the Orangemen, or Crusaders etc. there are some that want the rangers and cowboys to change their names. Fuck that.

Syracuse dropped Orangemen quite a while ago.

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like the Ginger. He doesn't do dumb shit.

Seems the Cowboys take more deep shots with Rush than they did with Dak -- or am I suffering from selective memory?

Seems the Cowboys take more deep shots with Rush than they did with Dak -- or am I suffering from selective memory?

Cooper takes those shots. Dak has reverted to his Garrett/Linehan backup qb don’t make a mistake training. He looks deep then his next read then checks down unless it is perfect. Coop gets the play, Dak tosses it to the te for three when he needs five.

What will happen with Cooper rush?  I’d hate to see some other team sign him in the offseason and we get nothing.  I’d much rather see us either trade him for something or resign him as a really good backup.
Y'all do realize that if Dak is traded the dead cap money immediately goes on your books? The soonest he could reasonably be traded is after 2024 with a post June 1st designation to spread the $40 million hit over 2 seasons.
8c661b82a4289874aa9f87171f16eb61.jpg

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

It was nice to enjoy the rare weekend where I was able to watch the Longhorns and Cowboys both win, and both control their games to the point where I never had any concern that we might lose.

Carson Wentz sucks.

Texas, Clemson (wife's alma mater) and the Cowboys win; aggy and OU lose badly. Mix in a Baylor loss and it was a fine weekend all around.

200.gif

47 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Y'all do realize that if Dak is traded the dead cap money immediately goes on your books? The soonest he could reasonably be traded is after 2024 with a post June 1st designation to spread the $40 million hit over 2 seasons.

I don't understand the first thing about how NFL contracts work, and damn it, I'm tired of pretending like I do!

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I don't understand the first thing about how NFL contracts work, and damn it, I'm tired of pretending like I do!

You don't have to understand exactly how they work just understand that if you trade or release a player a certain and usually sizable amount of their remaining contract gets eaten up by your salary cap. As the contract gets shorter the number gets lower. And cutting or trading a guy after June 1st of each year allows you to put the cap hit into the next 2 years instead of 1. 

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

8c661b82a4289874aa9f87171f16eb61.jpg

He was talking about trading Rush not Dak. 

14 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like the Ginger. He doesn't do dumb shit.

Well except the 2 dumb throws, especially the one off his back foot, that got intercepted but both called back for defensive holding. He's definitely playing a charmed game at the moment. This next game will be the biggest test yet, but if he can manage a good game and get a win meaning he beat both of last year's super bowl teams in this 4 game stretch it'll be quite the achievement. 

It’s fairly easy arithmetic. I get nfl cap; don’t know shit about other sports. If you go to spot RAC.com it’s all there by team and player.

You have the contract length and amount each year. The real money is the guarantee which is paid usually up front but impact spread across term of the deal. That is what complicates trades and cuts.

Rush is a cheap date. He will make about $1m this year and then becomes a unrestricted free agent. He will get a huge raise from whomever signs him as perhaps a top 5 backup. Cowboys have three options: negotiate now and hope to get a deal, trade him for some picks and go with Grier backing Dak, or bid for him in an open market in the winter. Cowboys have cut him every year; he owes no loyalty to them.

Let’s look at Zeke. Cap hit this year is $18.2m. (More than the total RB crew of every other team) But if you cut him it all accelerates and it’s a $30+ million hit in dead money. After this season they can release him and it’s $11m across two seasons. He is the worst value big contract ever.