Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.d302fb7d0fcbaf70fb04ea45371c4a11.jpg

If true, this is a big loss. Pollard's clearly a better runner, but Zeke is vastly superior in pass protection. Plus, Pollard hasn't shown he can shoulder the load as an every-down back.

All that said, this article is about an hour old and doesn't make any mention of an MCL tear. Says Zeke expects to play this Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34884204/ezekiel-elliott-hopes-play-vs-bears-knee-injury

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If true, this is a big loss. Pollard's clearly a better runner, but Zeke is vastly superior in pass protection. Plus, Pollard hasn't shown he can shoulder the load as an every-down back.
All that said, this article is about an hour old and doesn't make any mention of an MCL tear. Says Zeke expects to play this Sunday.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34884204/ezekiel-elliott-hopes-play-vs-bears-knee-injury
This is where it's coming from
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article267889017.html

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well, shit. Still, the headline calls it a tear and the article calls it a sprain. Let's hope the article is correct.

Article also says he tore is PCL last year and played all season on it. Not the biggest Zeke fan but gotta admit he's a tough SOB.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Well, shit. Still, the headline calls it a tear and the article calls it a sprain. Let's hope the article is correct.

Article also says he tore is PCL last year and played all season on it. Not the biggest Zeke fan but gotta admit he's a tough SOB.

I was in the car, so I don’t have a link, but Zeke was quoted as saying he felt it would be a little soft to take the game off before the bye week. 

And all it took was a 4th to get it done. Eagles did this in 2017. They went for it all. They didn't fuck around with the moves they made. Their defense gets even better.

While he had 18 sacks last year, so far in 22 he’s got 1 sack and 4 tackles.. looks like a big falloff. A 4 is a bit much to me for a 32 yr old DE.

22 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I guess a sprain is a partial tear, so points for being technically correct, which as our good friend Principal Skinner taught us, is the best kind of correct.

32 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

While he had 18 sacks last year, so far in 22 he’s got 1 sack and 4 tackles.. looks like a big falloff. A 4 is a bit much to me for a 32 yr old DE.

4th rounders bust most often than not or are just filler players. 

Think it's been 20 years since a team was back to back NFC East champs. No guarantee the Eagles will be at the same level next year. They are the healthiest team in the NFL right now and their schedule is cake so they have a great chance at the 1 seed.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

But he now goes to a contender instead of being in the toxic Raiders environment. That can always get more output from a player. And a different scheme. Eagles added depth to their pass rush. That's always a plus. Any pick past the 3rd round is a huge question mark. You never know what those guys will do. Quinn is a vet and he can step right in and contribute. 4th round picks might never even do a thing at all and flame out quick. I wouldn't worry about losing those picks.

But he now goes to a contender instead of being in the toxic Raiders environment. That can always get more output from a player. And a different scheme. Eagles added depth to their pass rush. That's always a plus. Any pick past the 3rd round is a huge question mark. You never know what those guys will do. Quinn is a vet and he can step right in and contribute. 4th round picks might never even do a thing at all and flame out quick. I wouldn't worry about losing those picks.

I liked Quinn with the Cowboys and wanted them to keep him. He’s with the Bears. He’s a nice addition but he’s not Von Miller.

I liked Quinn with the Cowboys and wanted them to keep him. He’s with the Bears. He’s a nice addition but he’s not Von Miller.
Agreed he's not Von Miller as many aren't. Still sad we could have landed him and didn't. Would have made our front even better.

We’ll never do it, but this team should absolutely be in on Brandin cooks. They should at least be trying to find o it what it’s going to take. He is the perfect fit for what this offense needs, and he would be a legitimate replacement for Cooper. Proven player who isn’t a locker room cancer that can take the top off a defense. 

Dont trade any draft picks. The whole team has basically been built through the draft, wo we need as many bites of the apple as we can get. Remember when everyone wanted to trade 1st rounders for Jamal Adams?

Maybe Brandon Cooks wins a playoff game for us. Not sure I see the value in spending to add to a position where we already feature Parsons, Lawrence, Armstrong, Barr, Fowler, and Sam Williams.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We’ll never do it, but this team should absolutely be in on Brandin cooks. They should at least be trying to find o it what it’s going to take. He is the perfect fit for what this offense needs, and he would be a legitimate replacement for Cooper. Proven player who isn’t a locker room cancer that can take the top off a defense. 

He wants out of Houston because they fired his boy Easterby. Think i'm gonna pass on that one.

On 10/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, Vic Mackey said:

.d302fb7d0fcbaf70fb04ea45371c4a11.jpg

So this is looking more and more likely.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34896966/cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-unlikely-play-vs-bears-bye-week

Seems like the correct decision, especially with a bye week looming. Two weeks to rest a gimpy knee is better than one (some might say even twice as nice).

Cowboys were fortunate not to have to rush Dak back, and I hope they do the same for Elliott.

Pollard is going to make plays in his absence, but the real question is: can Kellen adapt his gameplan to accommodate the loss of Elliott's passblocking?

I have my doubts.

• Like 1

So this is looking more and more likely.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34896966/cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-unlikely-play-vs-bears-bye-week
Seems like the correct decision, especially with a bye week looming. Two weeks to rest a gimpy knee is better than one (some might say even twice as nice).
Cowboys were fortunate not to have to rush Dak back, and I hope they do the same for Elliott.
Pollard is going to make plays in his absence, but the real question is: can Kellen adapt his gameplan to accommodate the loss of Elliott's passblocking?
I have my doubts.
Has Kellen ever adapted a game in his life? He comes from the Garrett and Linehan coaching tree, which has to be one of the worst ever. He never learned how to adjust. He has a set game plan and never deviates at all. You absolutely should adjust when Pollard comes in versus Zeke. They are two totally different backs
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 hours ago, markstanco said:

My weekend is wrecked that I know that Lebron doesn’t support the cowboys. This is some bullshit. We got to win him back. Somebody tell me what I need to do.

I just wonder why he decided this 5 years later. That story came out in 2017 and is old news.

He’s still on page one of every book he carries around. 

Edited by Trey3216
Autocorrect is asshole
  • Like 1

A quick scan but the sentiment among cowboys fans here still seems to be pretty negative even though we’ve been gifted a good season so far. The defense should hold up even into the playoffs, the offense ought to get better as the season goes on. I think we should be happy with what we’ve got this year.

• Like 1

A quick scan but the sentiment among cowboys fans here still seems to be pretty negative even though we’ve been gifted a good season so far. The defense should hold up even into the playoffs, the offense ought to get better as the season goes on. I think we should be happy with what we’ve got this year.
Battered wife syndrome. We've seen this for nearing 30 decades with the same exact results. Remember, last year at this time we had probably the best offense in the league and a 7 game win streak and our defense was forcing turnovers and playing better.

I don't feel we have enough on offense at the WR position.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

We could win a super bowl sometime and half the fucktards here would be pissed because it was another trophy on the Jones yacht 

8 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

you’ve been around here too long to come at us with this sad bullshit. 

8 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Wake me up when they get to the NFCCG, zero hope until then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wake me up when they get to the NFCCG, zero hope until then.
Same. I've almost accepted the fact I'll never see the Cowboys in a Super Bowl or even a NFC championship game as an adult. Being a fan of the Cowboys the last 26 years is what being a fan of aggy is like.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Same. I've almost accepted the fact I'll never see the Cowboys in a Super Bowl or even a NFC championship game as an adult. Being a fan of the Cowboys the last 26 years is what being a fan of aggy is like.

Wonder if Brady Patriots fans might be mostly miserable the next 25 years as Belichick retires and they run through mediocre QBs. They will not be used to grinding out a division title being a success.

Battered wife syndrome. We've seen this for nearing 30 decades with the same exact results. Remember, last year at this time we had probably the best offense in the league and a 7 game win streak and our defense was forcing turnovers and playing better.

I don't feel we have enough on offense at the WR position.

I do get the battered syndrome, but I think we all saw that offense last year as having a good chance of turtling against playoff defenses. My memory is that it was super hot in the early/mid part of the season and was degrading as December went along. I don’t think this defense will turtle, it isn’t the 2000 ravens, but it is good enough that we don’t need the #1 offense to win tough games.

Just fair warning now though: there is a good chance McCarthy will fuck up some critical end of game time/challenge/something. Or we’ll fuck it some key situation with penalties…we could have the #1 defense and offense and that shit will still come bite us.