Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

I’d rather have Amari than OBJ, but I’d rather have OBJ (older than dez was when he got cut) than nobody. We’re a CeeDee or Gallup injury away from it getting really really bad.

Dez was in injury and salary cap hell at that point. He had to be cut.

Naturally, the fudge just lays the fuck down for the fecals. Shit is all rigged.
I'm not seeing us win the the East at this point. We screwed up against GB. Without that loss, we could control our own destiny to the 1 seed. And I'm sure we will drop another game along the way.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Without winning the East, we most likely will play one of these teams on the road in the wild card round.

317376435_682766606545004_83607719205319

Don’t like the idea of playing the bucs because we’ve never beaten Brady on the field and their defense shut us down with dak earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Don’t like the idea of playing the bucs because we’ve never beaten Brady on the field and their defense shut us down with dak earlier this year.

They lost to the Browns today. Any team QB’ed by Brady is gonna be dangerous, but honestly they’re just not very good this year. 

24 minutes ago, tokamak said:

They lost to the Browns today. Any team QB’ed by Brady is gonna be dangerous, but honestly they’re just not very good this year. 

yeah but there’s a decent chance they’ll be good enough by the end of the year to be a problem in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Valid, but their OL is decimated with injuries as is their back 7.  They were probably the best version of themselves in that first week, but we don't match up well with them if Vea is healthy and wrecking shop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Panthers have been playing a lot better since they dumped Rhule and traded McCaffery away.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
12 hours ago, DougO said:
Naturally, the fudge just lays the fuck down for the fecals. Shit is all rigged.

I'm not seeing us win the the East at this point. We screwed up against GB. Without that loss, we could control our own destiny to the 1 seed. And I'm sure we will drop another game along the way.

I don't think we'll lose another game in the regular season.

• Like 1

They go hand in hand to me. And a direct correlation. That time period is relatively not that long ago. And you rarely change your feathers. And it's of no surprise be was there in the middle of it. He acknowledged it was him in the picture around 2010 but never gave any context or explanation. Absolutely nothing will come of it except hand wringing on the internet. And I'm not sure what, if any, consequences should come of it.

Uhh picking out a 15 year old kid who was just going to school as a harbinger of societal racism is silly. The whole country was pretty much like that back then. You recency bias is showing. It was 65 years ago. The country was very different back then.

23 hours ago, DougO said:

I think OBJ would be good if it is a short term deal. Getting him for next season also will help with some potential transition/depth issues. But I don't expect him to be any kind of secret weapon that dominates games, he'll just be another capable receiver that come add to the offense. But yeah, there is potential for him being a disruptive diva when things don't go his way, so they don't need to be chained to him with a stupidass contract for several years.

This is what I don't get about cutting Amari. He's was anything but a diva. It's almost as if his quiet nature worked against him with people filling in the gaps and attempting to interpret his lack of verbosity as something passive aggressive. His one utterance that people point to is that time he said that something about getting the ball to play makers. Something that Troy Aikman reiterated as well after our loss to San Fran. In an organization with numerous WTF decisions, trading Amari for a 5th will remain at the top of the recent list for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is what I don't get about cutting Amari. He's was anything but a diva. It's almost as if his quiet nature worked against him with people filling in the gaps and attempting to interpret his lack of verbosity as something passive aggressive. His one utterance that people point to is that time he said that something about getting the ball to play makers. Something that Troy Aikman reiterated as well after our loss to San Fran. In an organization with numerous WTF decisions, trading Amari for a 5th will remain at the top of the recent list for a long time. 

Cooper just wasn't living up to his cost and wasn't working out. He checked out of too many games when he was needed most. He was basically quiet, but he was passively a diva, high maintenance ego guy and sulked when he wasn't getting lubed enough. They needed to get out from under his deal while they could. Nobody was offering more than Cleveland, though they might have played it better and started dangling him earlier and more effectively. They still weren't going to get a heck of a lot more.

After the airport thing, fuck Odell. But he would have been a short term guy at a reasonable price to throw down with the extra cap space they have. They don't need a star or a superstar salary. They need another decent receiver that can draw some kind of attention and make some catches when it counts.

Look back at all of those WTF decisions people were ranting about, and most of them proved to work out just fine. The O-line has jelled, rookie left tackle has stepped up, we don't miss Collins, who has been fighting injuries all year. We don't miss Gregory in the least, in fact Dallas upgraded the pass rush with the guys they already had. They didn't need to throw big money at an aging linebacker. A DB would have been nice, but there really wasn't one there. 

Edited by DougO

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Cooper just wasn't living up to his cost and wasn't working out. He checked out of too many games when he was needed most. He was basically quiet, but he was passively a diva, high maintenance ego guy and sulked when he wasn't getting lubed enough. 

After the airport thing, fuck Odell. But he would have been a short term guy at a reasonable price to throw down with the extra cap space they have. They don't need a star or a superstar salary. They need another decent receiver that can draw some kind of attention and make some catches when it counts.

Look back at all of those WTF decisions people were ranting about, and most of them proved to work out just fine. The O-line has jelled, rookie left tackle has stepped up, we don't miss Collins, who has been fighting injuries all year. We don't miss Gregory in the least, in fact Dallas upgraded the pass rush with the guys they already had. They didn't need to throw big money at an aging linebacker. A DB would have been nice, but there really wasn't one there. 

You're not exactly the guy I expect to see a fair and impartial analysis on Cooper from. And as the above proves you're living up to those expectations. Not a single proven accusation in the bunch.  

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You're not exactly the guy I expect to see a fair and impartial analysis on Cooper from. And as the above proves you're living up to those expectations. Not a single proven accusation in the bunch.  

When has there been an instance where the Jones', McCarthy, or Dak has slammed a player publicly? 

We have no idea if he was a good teammate or a giant dickhead behind the scenes. All we can go on are their actions, and they seemed very eager to ship him off and took back no value in return. At first I thought it was about the money but they did nothing with that anyway, and the team seems to have gelled fine without him, so the evidence points to something wasn't right there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

When has there been an instance where the Jones', McCarthy, or Dak has slammed a player publicly? 

We have no idea if he was a good teammate or a giant dickhead behind the scenes. All we can go on are their actions, and they seemed very eager to ship him off and took back no value in return. At first I thought it was about the money but they did nothing with that anyway, and the team seems to have gelled fine without him, so the evidence points to something wasn't right there. 

This is a reasonable take, but given their history of WTF personnel decision I'm unwilling to give them the benefit of the doubt until something concrete is available. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:

McCarthy is always good for a few WTF moments. GB agrees years ago and 2 weeks ago.

Something's different about this team. Maybe it's Pollard... Or the pass rush. There's a good combination of youth and experience. (We beat the Vikings 40-3, Huh?) Phillie will be a problem, but we owe 'em one. Young teams stay healthy. Should be peaking about Xmas Eve when they come to town. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Eagles'll drop another one before then.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:22 PM, Hermanator said:

Oye..... you realize you're talking about the same couple of boneheads who paid two first for Joey Galloway, right?  And a first, third, and fifth for Roy.  We'll have to see what the contract looks like for OBJ, but we're talking about paying a guy who hasn't been highly productive in 3 years.  He had a nice playoff run last year, but only one dominant game.  Again, it'l all about the cost, but OBJ hasn't been dominant in 6 years.  I mean, fuck..... Eli Manning was throwing him the ball back then.  

There's a lot of rumors to why Jerrah soured on Amari.  One is the vaccine.  Another is he went to a Dallas Mavericks game on a Friday night before a big game.  Another is Jerrah could never really warm up to Amari because he's a quiet guy and doesn't really react to Jerrah's bullshittery..... Who knows, but let's not confuse the Jones' idiots for being great when it comes to making personnel calls. 

The entire OBJ courting is basically an admission that we fucked up and couldn't replace Amari's production and influence on the game and defenses.  What were the initial plans?  James Washington?  About as impactful as he was in Pittsburgh.  Jalen Tolbert?  Dude has more DNPs than catches.  The windows Dak has to throw into are often way too small and narrow.  Ever wonder why?  Rant over, but Amari was a colossal fuck up.  Even if you wanted him gone, dude is gone probably end up with about 75 catches, 1000 yards, and 10 TDs with Ben DiNucci Ohio throwing him the ball.  And we unloaded him for a 5th.  Moronic.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Oye..... you realize you're talking about the same couple of boneheads who paid two first for Joey Galloway, right?  And a first, third, and fifth for Roy.  We'll have to see what the contract looks like for OBJ, but we're talking about paying a guy who hasn't been highly productive in 3 years.  He had a nice playoff run last year, but only one dominant game.  Again, it'l all about the cost, but OBJ hasn't been dominant in 6 years.  I mean, fuck..... Eli Manning was throwing him the ball back then.  

There's a lot of rumors to why Jerrah soured on Amari.  One is the vaccine.  Another is he went to a Dallas Mavericks game on a Friday night before a big game.  Another is Jerrah could never really warm up to Amari because he's a quiet guy and doesn't really react to Jerrah's bullshittery..... Who knows, but let's not confuse the Jones' idiots for being great when it comes to making personnel calls. 

The entire OBJ courting is basically an admission that we fucked up and couldn't replace Amari's production and influence on the game and defenses.  What were the initial plans?  James Washington?  About as impactful as he was in Pittsburgh.  Jalen Tolbert?  Dude has more DNPs than catches.  The windows Dak has to throw into are often way too small and narrow.  Ever wonder why?  Rant over, but Amari was a colossal fuck up.  Even if you wanted him gone, dude is gone probably end up with about 75 catches, 1000 yards, and 10 TDs with Ben DiNucci Ohio throwing him the ball.  And we unloaded him for a 5th.  Moronic.

I really don't want to rehash this again. The Galloway thing was 20+ years ago and they've made better roster moves (probably due to McClay) over the last 5 years than most teams in the league. 

Also Jerry isn't a guy who just ditches talented guys like that. He's been the opposite for 30 years, holding onto guys who are obviously fucking up the locker room or in some way not worth the trouble. The fact they couldn't wait to ditch Cooper says something was wrong behind the scenes that we don't know about. Could be Cooper and Dak didn't get along, could be they got tired of Cooper disappearing for weeks at a time including the playoffs, or could be something else. 

They're chasing Beckham because that's what the Jones' do. Guy with a big name who brings a splash of attention even if he may be washed as a talent. In reality they have plenty of offensive talent to win in the playoffs with Lamb, Pollard, and Gallup then the 3 TEs who can all move and catch. They have more talent at the skill positions than a lot of teams that make deep playoff runs. It's up to Dak, Moore, and McCarthy to put it together and make it all work. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I agree we don’t know what triggered the FO to basically dump Cooper, because it was so unlike most of their previous actions.

I’d like to see OBJ signed for two reasons. He adds some problems in four wide/ five wide formations. Is he better than your fourth best DB?

Next I’m concerned about depth. If CeeDee or Gallup get hurt we will need depth and experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing in particular triggered ditching Cooper. He was being payed a top 5 NFL receiver salary, for being like the number 35 receiver. He didn't meld over the long haul, and there was no reason to believe he ever would, at least with Dak. They got out from under it. 

The math on Cooper just didn't work over the span of his deal, so they found someone else to take it. It's that simple.

Edited by DougO