Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Huh, all my friends are still in the “win some games/get their hopes up” stages
Yeah none of my Cowboys friends and family truly believe this is our year. We've been burned too many times in the past.

This will be the first year since what, 2006 and 2007 that we have been to the playoffs back to back years. I might be missing but I think this is correct.

And on pace for no team winning the East in consecutive years in almost 20 years. That's pretty crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I don't think he's working out for the teams either from what Collinsworth was saying during the Sunday night broadcast.

yeah he’s coming off his second ACL repair in the last couple years and he won’t even work out for teams.  jerry will give him $50MM for three years. 

• Haha 1

One thing I can say about this year is that I don't fear the Eagles. And the Eagles seem to be the class of the NFC. Which isn't saying much, but we measure up well overall. And our defense is the best I've seen in a while. We have a good defense every few years, but this one has a bunch of guys that are taking part now. Good young DBs at S and CB (except for Joseph, that dude sucks), a bunch of DL that contribute, and an MVP-worthy LB to boot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone who confidently says "this is our year" is as dumb as anyone who says "it'll never happen." Both are hot takes fans come up with every year. Yeah, we've been disappointed a lot, but this very well could be the year. My biggest concern is Moore. His playcalling seems to fail for long stretches. Second concern is cornerback. Our defenseive front is as good as I've ever seen but we have been burned on long passes all year. Hopefully it doesn't come to that in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

One thing I can say about this year is that I don't fear the Eagles. And the Eagles seem to be the class of the NFC. Which isn't saying much, but we measure up well overall. And our defense is the best I've seen in a while. We have a good defense every few years, but this one has a bunch of guys that are taking part now. Good young DBs at S and CB (except for Joseph, that dude sucks), a bunch of DL that contribute, and an MVP-worthy LB to boot. 

Teams that run well, play tough physical ball, and have the ability to defend this offense are Eagles and Niners. Both are bad matchups for them but they can win against either if they pay up to their ability. 

Saw and heard interesting takes from Bob Sturm on why the offense seems so aggressive, and thus, more turnovers occur, in the first half of these games.   It's by design he thinks.  They know their defense needs the lead or they'll get pushed around in the run and screen/quick pass game, so they want the other team scared they can score on every possession (which they literally can).

Even I've thought it was strange that Dak's been throwing tougher passes into more crowded areas...definitely counter to what he's been accused of his entire career of only throwing to open guys and the hashes and short throws.  But he's doing what they're game planning to do.  Maybe the get out to a big lead early, or at the very least force the other team to try to keep pace with the track meet style they're pushing.

They believe that their defense can force the other team into WAY more mistakes than the Dallas offense will make, and so far they're correct.

Basically, the offense along(not including the D/ST TD's) is averaging about 35 ppg since Dak came back.  If you told me the Offense was averaging that much a game while turning the ball over 1-2 times a game, I'm sure we'd ALL take that .

Now it may bite them occasionally, and could in the playoffs...but the odds are stacked against the other team sticking with DAllas being that aggressive early, even with mistakes, and being sound enough to keep running the ball and not get pressured into passing a bunch and feeding right into the DL's hands.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anyone who confidently says "this is our year" is as dumb as anyone who says "it'll never happen." Both are hot takes fans come up with every year. Yeah, we've been disappointed a lot, but this very well could be the year. My biggest concern is Moore. His playcalling seems to fail for long stretches. Second concern is cornerback. Our defenseive front is as good as I've ever seen but we have been burned on long passes all year. Hopefully it doesn't come to that in the playoffs. 
It'll never happen isn't a hot take. It's the truth until proven otherwise. It's not a coincidence that this franchise has only won a handful of playoff games in the last nearly 3 decades.

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.1e78440112240438e654c86c99dbcf06.jpg

This is giving me vibes that Jerry is trying to sign him but putting this injury stuff out there to scare other teams away from signing him.

Jerry wants to sign OBJ because he thinks it’ll help him win a Super Bowl. Stephen Jones wants to sign him so we can have someone to blame when the team blows it again in the playoffs. Its a win-win for the Jones family and we’re just all collateral damage year after year.

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

This is giving me vibes that Jerry is trying to sign him but putting this injury stuff out there to scare other teams away from signing him.

Jerry wants to sign OBJ because he thinks it’ll help him win a Super Bowl. Stephen Jones wants to sign him so we can have someone to blame when the team blows it again in the playoffs. Its a win-win for the Jones family and we’re just all collateral damage year after year.

As the great Marlo Stanfield once said, "either do it or don't, i got places to be".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Vibe i got was the Cowboys aren't signing him and he's going somewhere else, tears it up in the playoffs and shits on the Cowboys every chance he gets for not signing him.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Vibe i got was the Cowboys aren't signing him and he's going somewhere else, hoping to tear it up in the playoffs and shit on the Cowboys every chance he gets for not signing him, but flames out like the piece of Giants trash he truly is and always will be.  

FIFY.

• Hook 'Em 3

87011efd3742f42124944eeb2d1ad439.jpg
Me and the boy made it to the Sun night game. Stayed at The Star Saturday and at the Loews near ATT Stadium Sunday.
Game was the best we could ask for. He had a blast. Yesterday we did the self guided tour at Jerry World. We took a football and played catch on the field and ran plays for like an hour. Was legit.
Also got to say hello to Mel Renfro in our section.
Great weekend. Jerry can put on a great production

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Jerry and Stephen are saying if you’re cleared to return then why aren’t you working out? Hopefully they pass.

That's been my biggest question. He's not on a roster so rehab and shape are entirely up to him personally. If he isn't in game shape, how the hell is he supposed to contribute this late in the season?

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

He’s got something going on. That plane incident seems more than what it wasn’t. Folks nearby were saying he was in and out of consciousness. He might have the CTE.

No workout? Take your bum knee elsewhere.

This is why you never try a new weed gummy when you're gonna be in public.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dak's been inconsistent but other than a game or so the running game has been feasting. Pollard has broken into the national scene with big plays, Zeke looks better than he has in a few years, and the line has been setting it all up. As long as they can run the ball well Dak can be good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

David Moore said Beckham refused any sort of workout, even just shorts jogging out routes with Dak. 

Why are they wasting their time with this bullshit? If he was close to being ready to go make an impact this season he would have shown it to leverage a bigger contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jerry likes the media buzz and attention. Cha-ching...

He may have never even wanted to sign Odell, for all we know. It was already assumed by the shitstain sports media that Dallas would be the number 1 probable landing spot for him. So Jerry's not going to waste all that free media buzz. He milks it. 

I don't know why anyone even gives a rats ass any more, other than being played. If Odell isn't even healthy enough to contribute now, there's no reason to sign him. He has little long term value, and Dallas will have a whole offseason after their first round playoff loss to look for another receiver.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

That moment when you see the Texans record as 10-1...WTF?
Oh yeah, it's 1-10-1.   Lolz.
And just to think, just a few years ago they were up 24-0 against KC in the divisional round and had a great young core on offense with Watson and Hopkins. It was all downhill from there.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Another REALLY good draft this year.  Smith, Williams, Fergeson, and Bland is a really good to great draft.  If Tolbert develops into anything at all next year they'll have had another 2016 Type draft.