Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Carrott Top might get the Stanford job? Lulz if Stanford hires that dork.

I hope they hire Garrett. Red head Jesus should be as far away from the nfl as possible. He can hang out in the fine California weather in a place where they don’t really care about sports. Good fit for him actually.

If you can't believe a little bit this a little bit this year why like sports.
Parsons gonna carry us to glory one of these years. Cowboys always lacked that Von Miller or Aaron Donald type.
I can enjoy sports without fully believing any buying in. I watch the Longhorns football knowing they aren't going to do shit in terms of a national title. It's all entertainment. That's it.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I watch the Longhorns football knowing they aren't going to do shit in terms of a national title. It's all entertainment. That's it.

yeah but when they continue to suck it's not even really entertainment.  just pain and frustration.  the entertainment is following recruiting in the offseason, and even then that's only when it's going well.

That's a ton of fucking money, how much will be permanent? I read that they will have to raise the field and cover up several front rows to have a wide enough surface, but it sounded like it would be temporary. Expensive for sure bot $300M? The place is already top tier. I wonder if they would change the screen to wrap around the field like Atlanta's stadium to stop punters from hitting it, I know it's rare, but weird that it's even a possibility. 

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

318569794_689858992502432_14746445545494

What's crazy is the OL shuffling around and the fact that we didn't think it'd be good at all this year...especially after the TB game.  And they still got Tyron coming.  Just crazy.

Also, when you look at it, it's amazing what this offense is doing when looking at the positional groupings.

The OL is average to above average.

The RB's are good but no one would say the best tandem in the league.

The WR's corps was bemoaned to start the season and still isn't considered great.

The TE's are a good group, but no one would say the best group in the league either.

And of course Dak who most people think is good, or just above average, but nothing else...

And yet this group is the #1 offense in the league, #1 in Red Zone efficiency, #1 in 3rd down conversions all since Dak was inserted back into the lineup.  Just crazy.

• Hook 'Em 3

That's a ton of fucking money, how much will be permanent? I read that they will have to raise the field and cover up several front rows to have a wide enough surface, but it sounded like it would be temporary. Expensive for sure bot $300M? The place is already top tier. I wonder if they would change the screen to wrap around the field like Atlanta's stadium to stop punters from hitting it, I know it's rare, but weird that it's even a possibility. 

It was top tier state of the art in 09 but it’s needing some tech upgrades and other stuff to keep up with SoFi and Atlanta. They’ll likely expand some of the premium venues and expand some retail. I hope Charlotte sneaks the west side blackout curtains into the budget.

21 hours ago, Drew said:

What's crazy is the OL shuffling around and the fact that we didn't think it'd be good at all this year...especially after the TB game.  And they still got Tyron coming.  Just crazy.

Also, when you look at it, it's amazing what this offense is doing when looking at the positional groupings.

The OL is average to above average.

The RB's are good but no one would say the best tandem in the league.

The WR's corps was bemoaned to start the season and still isn't considered great.

The TE's are a good group, but no one would say the best group in the league either.

And of course Dak who most people think is good, or just above average, but nothing else...

And yet this group is the #1 offense in the league, #1 in Red Zone efficiency, #1 in 3rd down conversions all since Dak was inserted back into the lineup.  Just crazy.

When you put it like that it’s almost a compliment to coaching… (it is. It’s good coaching) Also don’t underestimate having an elite defense helps. Complimentary football and all that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m thinking a 2-2 finish to go 12-5.  Guessing that keeps them in the 5 spot. 

Giants lost but Cowboys have tie breaker on them anyway. Seattle down to Carolina right now. If Seattle loses and Cowboys go 2-2 they'll be the 5 seed almost guaranteed. With Niners blowing out Tampa today almost certainly would be Dallas going to Tampa in WC game. 

These slow starts in the 1st half are cool against teams like the Giants, Colts, Texans and those likes. They usually don't fare well come playoff time playing against better teams, especially on the road. I guess at least they kept their prayers alive to pass the Eagles but I still think that ship has sailed. Eagles are rolling right now and Washington and the Giants are falling back to who they really are as suspected. 

As it stands now, we should get the NFC South winner in the wild card round. And that division is easily the worst in football. So I guess we have that going for us.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Besides Eagles, Niners and Lions have momentum. We’re just not executing fully. I was hoping for 35-3 first half and Rush and others putting stars on the bench.

WTF? This isn't Georgia playing a Sunbelt team. That's completely unrealistic to expect. Doesn't happen often

• Haha 1

After Noah Brown getting some love I thought I'd check in on our boy Cedrick Wilson and how is he doing this year after getting a 3 year 22mm deal with the Dolphins after we declined to pay him (as you remember, cheap/min. guy out of the 6th round).

Stats updated after today losing to the Chargers:

in 14 weeks, 9 receptions on 14 targets for 96 yards 0 TD's and a long of 12 yards.

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

After Noah Brown getting some love I thought I'd check in on our boy Cedrick Wilson and how is he doing this year after getting a 3 year 22mm deal with the Dolphins after we declined to pay him (as you remember, cheap/min. guy out of the 6th round).

in 14 weeks, 9 receptions on 14 targets for 96 yards 0 TD's and a long of 12 yards.

May be able to pick him back up as a cheap 4th receiver for next year after they cut him. He worked well with Dak

that game yesterday would've been a blowout had Turpin not fumbled.  14-0 after that drive and Houston would've laid down or start trying to throw more which then would get the pass rush going.  If we get out to an early lead we roll.

and props to Jerry/McClay/stephen on signing jason peters.  Going to pay off huge it looks like.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Did we really have a need at WR? I assume we can at least stop talking about OBJ and go back to hating his fucking guts, as nature intended?

Not really, need is at corner but I guess there aren't any of those around that look better than Joseph and Nashon Wright

I'm hoping Parsons just looked beaten because he couldn't find a way to get mentally up for such a shitty team. Because he looked like a shell of himself yesterday. They should think about limiting his snaps greatly between now and Philly if the game situation allows. Looks like having 330 lbs linemen beating on him for 13 games has worn him out. He's too small to be able to take that 17 weeks

Edited by Hermanator

17 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Right. The moves that the Cowboys made or didn't make, that triggered so many fans into convulsion, tended heavily to be the correct moves. Still, the lack of a legit swing tackle was probably the worst one, but that one is sort of working out so far, knock on wood. Could use a receiver, but Gallup is starting to look more like his better version, and hopefully Washington can contribute something, now supposedly TY Hilton is another option until he inevitably gets hurt.