Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

I actually feel a lot better about next week after this one. This team is bipolar and every time this year they have a loss they follow it up with a good performance. After that horrible week 1 game they beat Cincinnati, after the loss to the Eagles they beat the Lions, after the horrible Green Bay game they smoked the vikings, and after the Jacksonville loss they beat the Eagles. I feel confident the offense will put up a good game. 

Defensively they got Bland hurt. Other than Parsons maybe the 1 position they couldn't afford to lose anyone else. If he can't go and play well it's going to be the main weakness in the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tom Brady is foaming at the mouth thinking about next weeks game 

They got smoked by a Falcons team that came into the game 6-10. Unlike the Cowboys they don't follow losses well this season. They can't feel good about anything right now. 

The Cowboys are 1-4 on the road playing on grass…they’ll be playing the GOAT on grass next weekend. Maybe they should break out the gummies? 

Brady should be able to Jedi mind fuck the defense. Dak’s hand injury/issue is a concern if our running game stinks because he’ll be forced to throw 40 times or some shit. Tampa Bay is a terrible team (especially compared to what they fielded last year.) Brady knows they suck and even if they beat Dallas they get beat the next round. On paper Dallas shouldn’t lose this game. They should win convincingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

They got smoked by a Falcons team that came into the game 6-10. Unlike the Cowboys they don't follow losses well this season. They can't feel good about anything right now. 

They took Brady out in the 2nd quarter. 

• Haha 3

Somebody within the Cowboys told Broadus the NFL is going to give ESPN the Cowboys for Monday night. 

That’s what I think I heard Sham intimate near the end of the broadcast but a story on Buccaneers.com made it sound like the Bucs expect to host Sat or Sun game (could be laziness on behalf of the reporter).

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-vs-dallas-cowboys-wild-card-round-playoffs-2022-2023

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That’s what I think I heard Sham intimate near the end of the broadcast but a story on Buccaneers.com made it sound like the Bucs expect to host Sat or Sun game (could be laziness on behalf of the reporter).

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-vs-dallas-cowboys-wild-card-round-playoffs-2022-2023

Yeah Cowboys may not know what they think they know. 

Did you hear near the end of the broadcast when they had hot mics and thought they went to commercial? Babe said something like "I smell ganja. Do you smell ganja Brad?" 

Edited by Hermanator

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

On paper Dallas shouldn’t lose this game. They should win convincingly. 

The paper says we have a defense that sucks over the last month. A QB that is playing like a rookie and throwing interceptions left and right and a running game that is no longer clicking like it had been. The paper also says Tampa GOAT QB was on fire last week when they were playing a game with something on the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Dak sucks. At least he’s cheap, right? Fuck. 

Dak Prescott is now not even in the top 10 of highest paid QBs. The narrative of him being overpaid has always been dumb as fuck. Every single "record" QB contract that is signed ends up looking like a good deal 2 years later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I cant even try to get excited, even if by some miracle, this team manages to win the first week (I say miracle, because Brady channels jobu in playoff games), they will give up a large lead in the division game, do their absolute best to come back, and do it in spectactular "almost won" matter, but lose in heartbreaking fashion, just like they have done several times under Dak.

This team is owned by an idiot, coached by an idiot, and the entire team makes idiotic decisions at crucial points in important games.

nothing has changed or will change as long as Jerry lives.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/5/2023 at 3:39 PM, HamsterHookah said:

The Cowboys are guaranteed to lose in second round of playoffs if not even the wildcard game. That much I'm convinced of based off of what I've seen of this team this year.

The real pleasure for me as a Cowboy fan is going to be the Eagles losing in first game of the playoffs, which I'm also convinced of based off what I've seen and know of Hurts injury.

Even more sure of this take after this loss.

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I cant even try to get excited, even if by some miracle, this team manages to win the first week (I say miracle, because Brady channels jobu in playoff games), they will give up a large lead in the division game, do their absolute best to come back, and do it in spectactular "almost won" matter, but lose in heartbreaking fashion, just like they have done several times under Dak.

This team is owned by an idiot, coached by an idiot, and the entire team makes idiotic decisions at crucial points in important games.

nothing has changed or will change as long as Jerry lives.

Jesus, this time of year is the whole reason for being a fan and following the sport at all. For those times when they get in the playoffs and everyone in has a chance to make some noise. Has a chance to be the Eagles who won with a backup QB or the Bengals who made an improbable run to the Superbowl from wild card weekend last year. If you're only going to allow yourself to enjoy 1 thing about this sport at least have it be this week. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’ll watch because I have to but goddamn there is no basis whatsoever to think we have a shot at winning based on how we’ve played the last month. Back then I was almost convinced that this team could be different because the defense was legit, but a few injuries later they are Swiss fucking cheese. The OL sucks now too, which is just perfect for a qb that needs protection to keep from throwing it to the wrong team. Now it’s on Monday night which is dumb as hell for playoff runs. Nobody can make any legitimate argument that we can win, it would have to be a complete reversal of the last month which is possible, but there’s nothing that indicates it as a realistic possibility. It would be a complete surprise and maybe luck. I hate sports.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Dak Prescott is now not even in the top 10 of highest paid QBs. The narrative of him being overpaid has always been dumb as fuck. Every single "record" QB contract that is signed ends up looking like a good deal 2 years later.

Well, most of my sports takes are both lazy and dumb, Pam. 

…….still. Jerry is paying starting QB money for a guy who has been absolutely terrible. Statistically the worst of his career and some really really bad individual games. How many times did he apologize after a game for throwing dumb passes? A few. How many times, after the game, did he say he was going to focus and get better? A ton. How many times in postgame did he say his poor performance and the noise associated would not bother him and he’d be ready next week? All the time. 
Did he get better?

The fact that he has one of those big time contracts (regardless if it’s top 10 or not) means that he’s a lead weight tied to both our neck and feet in a small fishing boat rowing it’s way thru the mouth of the Delaware out into the Atlantic on a moonless and windless night. Our Cowboy body has been stabbed so we don’t take on extra air and somehow float to the top. We done. 

He doesn’t have a top 10 contract though. 2 years later it’s a good deal? Wouldn’t be a good deal 15 years from now. Not if you’re going to throw tons of interceptions and play like a pussy. I was listening to Brad and Babe yesterday and they were just clowning Dak. The voices of the Dallas Fucking Cowboys just clowning his decisions and lack of accuracy. Rightly. He’s playing like a 4th round QB.

If we beat TB on Monday (and I hope we do) it will be because Parsons and Diggs fuck with TB and because Pollard is able to come off of his injury. I’m guessing we’ll have to overcome Dak, and I hope I’m very wrong about that.

He’s a good deal?

You told Brandt on the phone and he told me. I know what happened. Yes? Yes?

14 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Well, most of my sports takes are both lazy and dumb, Pam. 

…….still. Jerry is paying starting QB money for a guy who has been absolutely terrible. Statistically the worst of his career and some really really bad individual games. How many times did he apologize after a game for throwing dumb passes? A few. How many times, after the game, did he say he was going to focus and get better? A ton. How many times in postgame did he say his poor performance and the noise associated would not bother him and he’d be ready next week? All the time. 
Did he get better?

The fact that he has one of those big time contracts (regardless if it’s top 10 or not) means that he’s a lead weight tied to both our neck and feet in a small fishing boat rowing it’s way thru the mouth of the Delaware out into the Atlantic on a moonless and windless night. Our Cowboy body has been stabbed so we don’t take on extra air and somehow float to the top. We done. 

He doesn’t have a top 10 contract though. 2 years later it’s a good deal? Wouldn’t be a good deal 15 years from now. Not if you’re going to throw tons of interceptions and play like a pussy. I was listening to Brad and Babe yesterday and they were just clowning Dak. The voices of the Dallas Fucking Cowboys just clowning his decisions and lack of accuracy. Rightly. He’s playing like a 4th round QB.

If we beat TB on Monday (and I hope we do) it will be because Parsons and Diggs fuck with TB and because Pollard is able to come off of his injury. I’m guessing we’ll have to overcome Dak, and I hope I’m very wrong about that.

He’s a good deal?

You told Brandt on the phone and he told me. I know what happened. Yes? Yes?

That's all well and good but my whole problem with this entire discussion is that people like you never have a good plan or a viable alternative to Dak. You think starting caliber QBs just grow on trees or something.

So let's look at alternatives. Is Brady going to come here? Rodgers? Carr? Hope the Ravens let Lamar walk? Scoop up some guy off the scrap heap and hope McCarthy's coaching polishes a turd into a winner? Draft a QB with a mid round pick and hope they turn into a franchise guy like what we're currently doing with Dak?

Jettison Dak and try to suck for a year and get Caleb Williams? Talk about an idiotic plan. In no way are you guaranteed to be bad enough to get that first pick.

Seriously, what's the plan to not suck if you scrap Dak? Keep in mind that any plan involving a new QB could take a few extra years to really kick into gear, guaranteeing that you will add years to the current drought.

Edited by Pam Cummings

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's all well and good but my whole problem with this entire discussion is that people like you never have a good plan or a viable alternative to Dak. You think starting caliber QBs just grow on trees or something.

So let's look at alternatives. Is Brady going to come here? Rodgers? Carr? Hope the Ravens let Lamar walk? Scoop up some guy off the scrap heap and hope McCarthy's coaching polishes a turd into a winner? Draft a QB with a mid round pick and hope they turn into a franchise guy like what we're currently doing with Dak?

Jettison Dak and try to suck for a year and get Caleb Williams? Talk about an idiotic plan. In no way are you guaranteed to be bad enough to get that first pick.

Seriously, what's the plan to not suck if you scrap Dak? Keep in mind that any plan involving a new QB could take a few extra years to really kick into gear, guaranteeing that you will add years to the current drought.

He's also not been "absolutely terrible." He's thrown too many interceptions. That's fixable. If it keeps up it's time for some tough decision making, but yeah, expecting a free agent or to magically draft the perfect QB is unrealistic. At minimum, even the way he's playing right now, he's "good enough" if the OL would open running lanes and if the defense would stop playing like dogshit on third and long.

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He's also not been "absolutely terrible." He's thrown too many interceptions. That's fixable. If it keeps up it's time for some tough decision making, but yeah, expecting a free agent or to magically draft the perfect QB is unrealistic. At minimum, even the way he's playing right now, he's "good enough" if the OL would open running lanes and if the defense would stop playing like dogshit on third and long.

Right. At times, absolutely terrible. At times, ok. At times, looks good. 

Trying to think of that game where you’re like “wow, Dak just won us that game”. He played well at Minn, but everyone did. There were just so many games that we won where he was like 21/30 for 261, 2 tds and 2 int. This was the Giants game, btw. Not “absolutely terrible”, no, you’re right. But damn.

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

My job as a jackass message board poster is to throw rocks, not come up with viable solutions / long term plans and post them here. 

But- impactful and strategic sucking is a good idea. Burrow, Mahomes, Allen- all a result of this.  Of course we’d need a general manager first. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He was terrible yesterday, but so was everyone, they all played like absolute dogshit. Should have just rested them if they didn't plan to give a shit.

Don’t disagree with this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

My job as a jackass message board poster is to throw rocks, not come up with viable solutions / long term plans and post them here. 

But- impactful and strategic sucking is a good idea. Burrow, Mahomes, Allen- all a result of this.  Of course we’d need a general manager first. 

Don’t disagree with this. 

I hear you. Hard to be hopeful at all given what this team has shown us, and the fact that nothing at the top has changed. We can shuffle players and coaches around, but unfortunately we can't do the same with ownership. They have shown us that for whatever reason, they just don't know how to win big.

• Like 1

Keep in mind my stream got cut in the third quarter, and I had better things to do than watch the shit show in Washington. At this point, I'm hoping that McCarthy realized early on that that game meant nothing, because Philly was going to beat NY. So maybe he said to himself, why show Tampa our best offensive plays that we'll be using against them next week?

Why risk injury to their star running back, Pollard, who saw limited action, and why risk injury to Dak, who didn't run as much as he needs to or could have. Let Pollard and Dak rest.

Is Fat Mike that smart. Doubtful, but I may only have one week left to hope for the best for the 'Boys before the long off season.

If they lose, well pray that it expedites the exit of McCarthy and Moore. I'll take Sean Payton any fucking day. Too bad the crowd never discovered a "Let's Go Jerry" chant. Maybe next year.

Yeah. I'm just so filled with sadness that Aaron Rodgers and GB are out of contention. A real bummer for everyone.

Rodgers is used up and done. His selfishness in skipping OTAs has cost his team in recent seasons. Sucking down the ayahuasca, eating dirt with his movie star hippie girlfriend, watching his basketball team…if you’re playing football you need to fucking practice with your team

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

I think wonder boy needs to do some self scouting also.  Some of these interceptions are because the Defense knows where the ball is going.

The play call on the pick 6 was horrific.  Not one route further than 5 yards.  3 hitches and a lazy out route all at 5 yards.   Defense sitting there waiting for it.   

• Hook 'Em 1