Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Has he demonstrated any kind of shakiness in his kicking so far before today?  0/4 on XP’s by my calculations would be about a 1/450,000 type event. Obviously once you miss one or two you have the yips creep on and it’s no longer a 95/100 proposition to hit the kick. 

The D did it's job tonight, and Dak kept it moving upfield. Great drives, great calls, great effort. Not too sure about the kicker. I suspect they'll give him more chances in practice next week, but I think he kicked himself out of a 2023-24 job tonight. He may never get another chance to show that he can kick under playoff pressure.

Bayless is gonna be all smiles tomorrow. SF will be three point favorites. If we play like we did tonight, it will be close. I give us the edge.

• Hook 'Em 1

The D did it's job tonight, and Dak kept it moving upfield. Great drives, great calls, great effort. Not too sure about the kicker. I suspect they'll give him more chances in practice next week, but I think he kicked himself out of a 2023-24 job tonight. He may never get another chance to show that he can kick under playoff pressure.
Bayless is gonna be all smiles tomorrow. SF will be three point favorites. If we play like we did tonight, it will be close. I give us the edge.

SF will be at least a 6pt favorite. The Bucs aren’t even close to as good as SF.

48 minutes ago, Hate said:

I could see Brady signing with the Raiders. That would be a perfect situation for him. Talent at WR, a good running game, and a coach with whom he has history.

If it’s the Raiders or Miami he’s winning another next year.  Miami has been a good qb away from being really good for a while, they have built a good team. 

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If it’s the Raiders or Miami and he’s winning another next year.  Miami has been a good qb away from being really good for a while, they have built a good team. 

Mostert and Wilson Jr. are free agents and Miami does have other positional needs on the roster before they factor in paying Brady, although he may be willing to play for cheap if he gets another shot at a ring.

Set themselves up for an amazing run. Beating Brady in the playoffs, a guy you’ve never beaten ever.

A chance to knock off the big bad 49rs, a historic rival 30 yard after you beat them to reach the top of the NFL with tbt triplets.

Then you’d have to beat long my time rivals either IN Philly or home against the giants.

KC or a classic rematch against the bills possibly in the SB? NFL would eat that up if they can get there.

Just now, Hermanator said:

He's going home to SF area and signing a 1 yr with the Niners. No way they think Brock Purdy is an answer. He's coming back to earth next week. 

I thought the Niners already had their golden boy/franchise qb in Trey Lance.  They certainly paid enough draft capital.  Although it would certainly be amusing if this is RG3/Kirk Cousins all over again with a Shanahan as coach.

6 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I thought the Niners already had their golden boy/franchise qb in Trey Lance.  They certainly paid enough draft capital.  Although it would certainly be amusing if this is RG3/Kirk Cousins all over again with a Shanahan as coach.

Lance has a long fucking way to go to even sniff RG3 or Cousins.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Crossed one item off our list. Win a road playoff game. Next is to get back to the NFC championship game.

Dak played maybe his best game of his career, tonight. 

Kellen Moore probably called his best game of his career, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

What major errors did Bowles make? I didn’t notice any.  I’m not saying he’s good, I just didn’t see anything where I said “that’s on the coach.”

They were just a bad team was all i meant. Nothing they did all year was impressive. Barely squeaked in by beating Sam Darnold, never ran the ball well. They were flat every time i watched them and they just never got anything going. It wasn't a usual Tom Brady team that maybe starts 1-3 but them goes on a big run to end the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:09 PM, Hermanator said:

I actually feel a lot better about next week after this one. This team is bipolar and every time this year they have a loss they follow it up with a good performance. After that horrible week 1 game they beat Cincinnati, after the loss to the Eagles they beat the Lions, after the horrible Green Bay game they smoked the vikings, and after the Jacksonville loss they beat the Eagles. I feel confident the offense will put up a good game. 

Defensively they got Bland hurt. Other than Parsons maybe the 1 position they couldn't afford to lose anyone else. If he can't go and play well it's going to be the main weakness in the game. 

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Now I have absolutely zero idea what Dak and what Cowboys show up next Sunday. Could be either one

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Crossed one item off our list. Win a road playoff game. Next is to get back to the NFC championship game.

Dak played maybe his best game of his career, tonight. 

Agreed. Wild that it came off maybe his worst last week. The Cowboys are a schizophrenic bunch.

19 minutes ago, DougO said:

Kellen Moore probably called his best game of his career, too.

It didn't start very well. But let's not get too crazy about this win. This Bucs team was the worst team to make the playoffs in either conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Getting a road playoff win was great. Finally beating Brady was great. Whatever happens next I can at least say we accomplished those two things. 

Dak played great. Sorry the kicker has the shanks/yips whatever. McCarthy is in the postseason and Rodgers is not. Obviously we all have concerns. Mine is that our offensive weapons aren’t that scary so playcalling is going to be key to spread it out to the weapons we have. Zeke pisses me off. He shouldn’t be this much of a no factor and I know RBs have a shorter shelf life. This is going to rely heavily on the defense to get a pass rush going on Brock to confuse him. Shanahan is a great play caller. This is known. I feel good about our DC though. Just not good about our weapons. SF has a fierce defense. So we have to be creative. 

Take tonite and celebrate it. Stop living in the past or worrying about the future. Live in the now dudes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Take tonite and celebrate it. Stop living in the past or worrying about the future. Live in the now dudes. 

Look, dudette.  Most of us have spent the last half or all of our lives watching this franchise fail.   And fail.  And fail again.   We will remain miserable and defeatist until we actually make a NFC title game.   It's impossible to not live in the past when you actually lived in the past.   I will remain miserable and defeatist about this team until they prove us wrong.

They haven't done it until they've done it.

Parcells.

Win next Sunday and it's a different conversation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Getting a road playoff win was great. Finally beating Brady was great. Whatever happens next I can at least say we accomplished those two things. 

Dak played great. Sorry the kicker has the shanks/yips whatever. McCarthy is in the postseason and Rodgers is not. Obviously we all have concerns. Mine is that our offensive weapons aren’t that scary so playcalling is going to be key to spread it out to the weapons we have. Zeke pisses me off. He shouldn’t be this much of a no factor and I know RBs have a shorter shelf life. This is going to rely heavily on the defense to get a pass rush going on Brock to confuse him. Shanahan is a great play caller. This is known. I feel good about our DC though. Just not good about our weapons. SF has a fierce defense. So we have to be creative. 

Will you still be able to watch next week without a manning bro cast available?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Will you still be able to watch next week without a manning bro cast available?

No shit!  I wonder what’s more tired today: Nicole or the sybian that was rode all night whilst watching the Manning’s fawn over Brady.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DougO said:

One big advantage of having the playoff game on Monday night is that the post game stuff is ALL Cowboys victory all night, repeatedly, because it was the only game on. Basking in the glow...

I'd rather the team have the extra day of rest, but I don't give a rat fuck about post game coverage.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Look, dudette.  Most of us have spent the last half or all of our lives watching this franchise fail.   And fail.  And fail again.   We will remain miserable and defeatist until we actually make a NFC title game.   It's impossible to not live in the past when you actually lived in the past.   I will remain miserable and defeatist about this team until they prove us wrong.

They haven't done it until they've done it.

Parcells.

Win next Sunday and it's a different conversation.

There's lots of folks here who know nothing else. Unless you think she is Army Brat old, she is at least in the same boat as you.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If it’s the Raiders or Miami he’s winning another next year.  Miami has been a good qb away from being really good for a while, they have built a good team. 

The Dolphins O-line would have Brady killed by about Week 5.

24D3A348-EEAB-4113-90EE-61BB5D4C7C7C.thumb.jpeg.f90609d09bc22781d1872402258d6009.jpeg

The Cowboys appear to have dodged a bullet when it comes to the health of safety Jayron Kearse.

Kearse, who left the Cowboys' 31-14 Wild Card win over the Bucs on Monday night with a left knee injury, told reporters after the game that he isn't concerned about the injury.

"It's feeling alright. I'll be good, Kearse said, via 105.3 The Fan's Bobby Belt… 

[Click for the rest of the story.]
https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-jayron-kearse-on-his-injured-knee-ill-be-good

MY OPINION: He suffered some damage, but doesn’t want his season to end. Is it an MCL tear that he can maybe play through? Who knows until later today/tomorrow, but I don’t think that anyone will know if he can’t play.

Why let the 49ers know more than they need to?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Has he demonstrated any kind of shakiness in his kicking so far before today?  0/4 on XP’s by my calculations would be about a 1/450,000 type event. Obviously once you miss one or two you have the yips creep on and it’s no longer a 95/100 proposition to hit the kick. 

He demonstrated the fuck out of shakiness the last time he was a Cowboy.

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

24D3A348-EEAB-4113-90EE-61BB5D4C7C7C.thumb.jpeg.f90609d09bc22781d1872402258d6009.jpeg

The Cowboys appear to have dodged a bullet when it comes to the health of safety Jayron Kearse.

Kearse, who left the Cowboys' 31-14 Wild Card win over the Bucs on Monday night with a left knee injury, told reporters after the game that he isn't concerned about the injury.

"It's feeling alright. I'll be good, Kearse said, via 105.3 The Fan's Bobby Belt… 

[Click for the rest of the story.]
https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-jayron-kearse-on-his-injured-knee-ill-be-good

MY OPINION: He suffered some damage, but doesn’t want his season to end. Is it an MCL tear that he can maybe play through? Who knows until later today/tomorrow, but I don’t think that anyone will know if he can’t play.

Why let the 49ers know more than they need to?

Maybe he is...maybe he isn't.

Love the ole NHL playoff injuries schemes and gamesmanship.