Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Only in major prime time games where the NFL knows a lot of people are watching. Brady gets it all the time, every single game. You can't even breathe on Brady. And he makes sure to constantly cry to the refs about it too.

This is literally a stupid take. You do realize no matter how bad the game there are millions of folks watching the thing with days of analytics during the week. You may not like the rules protecting players from the potential crippling effects of the game, but they are pretty much enforced equally.

The league realizes that an NFL level QB is the rarest commodity and hardest position in sports and they want them protected as long as they stay in the pocket.

Just admit you hate Brady because of his mastery of the game. It’s pretty remarkable to be a competitive QB at 45 and he doesn’t have 7 rings because refs protect him. I hope he lands on a competitive team with a solid o line and gives us a few more years.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Looked up SF and damn they might have a rookie starting at QB but they have players all over the field. We better get to Purdy and have an offensive game plan to block those guys. Still a little high from last nights win but back to typical concern. I don’t think Maher will be an issue again but damn that’s got me worried too.

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Set themselves up for an amazing run. Beating Brady in the playoffs, a guy you’ve never beaten ever.

A chance to knock off the big bad 49rs, a historic rival 30 yard after you beat them to reach the top of the NFL with tbt triplets.

Then you’d have to beat long my time rivals either IN Philly or home against the giants.

KC or a classic rematch against the bills possibly in the SB? NFL would eat that up if they can get there.

We beat a sub .500 team, let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Brady will get a starting gig and big money. He needs it as he and Gisele lost a ton on crypto.

He’s been promised a $375 million deal over 10 years with Fox when he’s done playing. He doesn’t need to play football. 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Like 1

We beat a sub .500 team, let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. 

This is exactly right. The 49ers have players at every single position and probably have the edge on every single position group outside of QB…and it could be argued that Purdy is playing better than Dak if you stripped away the names and only looked at the stats. Their coaching staff is better as well. The Cowboys have a beat up OL and Secondary while the 49ers are as healthy as they have been all year. This is going to be a huge task to go into SF and win. Personally, I’m stunned the line is only 4 points (what I saw this morning).
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Look, dudette.  Most of us have spent the last half or all of our lives watching this franchise fail.   And fail.  And fail again.   We will remain miserable and defeatist until we actually make a NFC title game.   It's impossible to not live in the past when you actually lived in the past.   I will remain miserable and defeatist about this team until they prove us wrong.

They haven't done it until they've done it.

Parcells.

Win next Sunday and it's a different conversation.

How many playoff wins have they had since 1996? 

That's why you celebrate this. Not to mention they actually got a road win. Yeah it was a much easier first round matchup than most years, but going into the game no one was saying that at all. It's revisionist to say it now. 

With the ineptitude of the last 27 years just enjoy the little things with at least a shot to pull an upset and get something bigger. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Niners have CMC, Deebo, Kittle and Ajyuk as their core and other guys who can come in and make plays. Their OL is really good. They can run the ball. Pretty much the opposite of Tampa.

Not to mention the other side of the ball, they have Bosa and can get to the QB with just rushing 4 and can drop back and disguise their defense all night.

They can break the game wide open at any time.

I'm most worried about our OL. Can they protect? If we get absolutely no run game going and ask Dak to do what Brady did last night, it's a wrap.

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

What time is the futureman fisting?

59 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

pacino-al.gif

These girls were so busy with their mobile phone selfie that they forgot their favorite other selfie device. It was their week and yet they arrived short-handed.

EEF09A99-EE2B-4947-B00D-3A342FF4DB5A.thumb.jpeg.1221984d55e7ea106491ecdea0655329.jpeg

Yup, SF has dudes all over the field. We have to rattle Purdy, otherwise he'll carve us up by being just good enough. I suspect it'll be death by a million dinks and dunks to avoid the pass rush and just get the ball into the hands of McCaffrey and Samuels. 

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yup, SF has dudes all over the field. We have to rattle Purdy, otherwise he'll carve us up by being just good enough. I suspect it'll be death by a million dinks and dunks to avoid the pass rush and just get the ball into the hands of McCaffrey and Samuels. 

Yep. and make our already banged up db room make most of the tackles. 

Diggs was making "business decisions" all night. SF will absolutely send Deebo at him and force him to do something. Tampa couldn't make us pay for our secondary issues. SF easily can.

We were dangerously close to being down 7-6 and I have a feeling that game might not snowball from there for Tampa. It seemed that pick from a terrible decision by Brady killed all their momentum and they never recovered. Once we scored on that very next drive, all the air went out of them, especially how we did it, which is on the 4th down fake bootleg (awesome call btw).

• Like 2

For all the grief that McCarthy gets as a coach and how everyone hates him and thinks he sucks, take a look at Pre-McCarthy era Cowboys from 2000-2020 and the McCarthy era from 2020-Present:

20 seasons predating McCarthy (Parcells, Phillips, Garrett); 10 playoff appearances (.500); 3 wins.

3 seasons: 2 playoff appearances (.667); 1 win.

Not a huge sample size, but the question I have is: what would the numbers and sample need to look like for people to put some respect back on McCarthy's name? Curious what that defined success criteria looks like for the most ardent McCarthy haters.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

For all the grief that McCarthy gets as a coach and how everyone hates him and thinks he sucks, take a look at Pre-McCarthy era Cowboys from 2000-2020 and the McCarthy era from 2020-Present:

20 seasons predating McCarthy (Parcells, Phillips, Garrett); 10 playoff appearances (.500); 3 wins.

Not a huge sample size, but the question I have is: what would the numbers and sample need to look like for people to put some respect back on McCarthy's name? Curious what that defined success criteria looks like for the most ardent McCarthy haters.

NFC Championship game this year would help my perception of him. A Super Bowl appearance would solidify him in my view, and a SB win and he can fuck around for a few years and I'll stop railing on him for a good while. A first round win against an opponent with a losing record doesn't do much for me, same 'ol same 'ol at this point. Gotta do something that none of the three predecessors accomplished, a divisional round win.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

Crossed one item off our list. Win a road playoff game. Next is to get back to the NFC championship game.
Dak played maybe his best game of his career, tonight. 

Won this game bc of Dak, not with Dak. That’s a good thing as we go into next week playing a team that is winning with a rookie. Also, another redemption on the table vs. the 49ers.

I will never understand how Dak can look so unbelievably bad at times and then look like he did last night, but god damn that might’ve been his best game ever. Qb gets hot at the right time, and the defense decides to show up? I’m not saying, I’m just saying. Brock Purdy hasn’t exactly played any impressive defenses if you look at his game log. But we shall see 

• Like 1

Diggs was making "business decisions" all night. SF will absolutely send Deebo at him and force him to do something. Tampa couldn't make us pay for our secondary issues. SF easily can.

We were dangerously close to being down 7-6 and I have a feeling that game might not snowball from there for Tampa. It seemed that pick from a terrible decision by Brady killed all their momentum and they never recovered. Once we scored on that very next drive, all the air went out of them, especially how we did it, which is on the 4th down fake bootleg (awesome call btw).

I’d like to get some answers on Diggs. He looked like shit last night. Niners will hammer his ass all day.
  • Hook 'Em 2

His accuracy can be very hit and miss.  Sometimes he can't hit the side of a barn and will look like ass.  When he can throw the ball where he wants to, he can very good.  I think he's very much like a pitcher with control issues.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

The second half went exactly as i wanted it to go with a big lead. They stopped Tampa Bay, then ran the ball and made sure to take as much time as possible off the clock before each play they ran. It was clear that they weren't going to give Brady a chance to get on the field and start a big comeback with lots of time left. They were able to waste a lot of the third quarter that way. Tampa did end up scoring, but after the Cowboys responded with the Lamb touchdown it was lights out.

Edited by Pam Cummings

28 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:
Y’all see dirty Brady last night?

I didn’t see it, but it’s not the first time he has done it. They showed a video during pre-game where Brady was the intended target of a pass back from a Wr or Rb that was intercepted. Tom tripped the DB that intercepted it but was not called. I know I’ve seen him do it before going back many years. When Tom trips someone it’s just because he is “competitive”.

Edit:  here is the clip

Edited by Hate

4 hours ago, jeevsie said:

What time is the futureman fisting?

Mike White wants to be there so he can take pictures.

Re the Secondary. They looked great last night, showing a lot of speed and agility. That first pic in the end zone was kick ass. Coulda had a couple more. It's been ten plus years since we've seen a secondary touch this many live balls.

14 hours ago, Hate said:

SF will be at least a 6pt favorite. The Bucs aren’t even close to as good as SF.

Good call.

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

This is literally a stupid take. You do realize no matter how bad the game there are millions of folks watching the thing with days of analytics during the week. You may not like the rules protecting players from the potential crippling effects of the game, but they are pretty much enforced equally.

The league realizes that an NFL level QB is the rarest commodity and hardest position in sports and they want them protected as long as they stay in the pocket.

Just admit you hate Brady because of his mastery of the game. It’s pretty remarkable to be a competitive QB at 45 and he doesn’t have 7 rings because refs protect him. I hope he lands on a competitive team with a solid o line and gives us a few more years.

Literally?

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Good cal.

The line initially opened at 3 and has already moved to 4.5.  You can see where the money is going and the line isn't closed yet, obviously.

Edit: Most of the reputable books only have the 49ers -4 at the moment.

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I will never understand how Dak can look so unbelievably bad at times and then look like he did last night, but god damn that might’ve been his best game ever. “QB gets hot at the right time, and the defense decides to show up…? I’m not saying, I’m just saying. Brock Purdy hasn’t exactly played any impressive defenses if you look at his game log. But we shall see .

…you can end up with two Super Bowl rings and doing commercials & Monday night broadcasts with your big brother(s).”

-Eli Manning

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DougO said:

Kellen Moore probably called his best game of his career, too.

He called a GREAT game. Dak played great too. Good to see his swagger back. I really enjoyed watching him. Now I want to see home consistency, and I want to see this D flying around like last night against the 49er. 

Im sure this has been posted:

image.jpeg.b8237b53d8325440aea415f5a70b8027.jpeg

5 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

what would the numbers and sample need to look like for people to put some respect back on McCarthy's name? Curious what that defined success criteria looks like for the most ardent McCarthy haters.

welp, it's prima facie.

doing anything else this season automagically puts mccarthy in a very exclusive group.

the dirty dozen first-evar-superbowl-wildcard in '75 is the ONLY cows team in history to win TWO (2) playoff road games back to back.

so, beat san francisco this week and mccarthy has done something jj never did.

abracadabra.

As a Niner fan, I'll say the pass defense has looked shaky in 2 of the last 3 games against the Raiders and 1H of Seahawks. They have been vulnerable to big pass plays with guys wide open. It will be a challenge to stop all those Dallas receiving threats like Lamb, Gallup, and Schultz. Also Dak is good at avoiding the pass rush, and the Niners DL does have issues over running plays. 

• Hook 'Em 1