Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

38 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Another funny layer is all the people wanting Maher replaced regardless of practice because it's not the same as a game, want the replacement picked solely on practice.

He will probably kick the game winning 60 yard field goal and a massive pivot will occur.   

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

He will probably kick the game winning 60 yard field goal and a massive pivot will occur.   

Anyone else always read deadshank's posts with Ben Johnson's voice?  

(For you young twerps, Ben Johnson is his avatar and had one of the most identifiable voices in Hollywood.)

Sorry to derail.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

The 94/95 NFC Title game was the one where Dallas had won two straight SBs I believe and was on their way to a third. They started slow, had some turnovers, but were in the process of mounting what would have been one of the greatest comebacks in SB history. Late, go-ahead type drive, Aikman let loose a long pass down the left sideline. The great Deion Sanders had been beaten by Michael Irvin, but was draped all over him, glued onto one arm (Irvin still almost made the catch with his other) and the fucking official failed to make the call. He let them play, so to speak, motherfucker. 

Sanders later acknowledged it was PI. The Cowboys would have won that SB. The following year under Switzer, they got Aikman/Smith's third SB, but it would have been four straight with an honest referee. I always had the feeling that the league wanted someone else in the SB that year.

The TD to Rice just before the half to push lead to 17 was probably the backbreaker imo.  

• Rage+1 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:38 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

moore looks good when his receivers catch everything and the defense is 1/1000th of a second late on every other catch, or lets the ball go through their hands 5 times resulting in a catch for us; tampa D beat tampa D from my view

to win sunday he's going to have get creative with a couple of WELL PLANNED jap plays against tendency and not on film plus lots of extra window dressing, slow the game down, and *hope* the O-line can find a way to pave 70 or 80 first half yards on the ground split between zeke and pollard

You’re an idiot. TB D got overwhelmed by a confident and creative Dallas. Doesn’t mean it’ll repeat itself in San Fran. But give credit where it’s due: Kellen and Dak played great. You fucking weirdo. 

7 hours ago, Hate said:

I don’t understand this at all. I am being objective when I say that SF is better at every single position than Dallas except QB…and even that can be argued. Their coaching staff is better too. What kind of metrics are they using or what kind of weed is that computer smoking?

Edit: someone please tell me what I am missing here?? Or do I just have 27 years of mediocrity holding me down?

Probably things that are factored in from their first seven games in which they weren't that good, 3-4, struggling at qb, a few very tough key injuries, and before trading for McCaffrey. At midseason they melded into a really complete team that finished winning 10 straight. 

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

The TD to Rice just before the half to push lead to 17 was probably the backbreaker imo.  

Cowboys were down 21-0 before they got going. I think it was 38-28 when the PI occurred deep in SF territory. If we had scored there, it would likely have been 38-35 with 6 min remaining. Aikman, Smith DJ... We woulda won. It was however their first year without JJ on the sidelines.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

So Philadelphia kicker gets to use visual aid...officials didn't stop it:  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles-kicker-jake-elliott-195507497.html

But Cowboys kicker and holder told they could not use a visual aid by an official:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/19/officials-wouldnt-let-cowboys-use-white-blade-of-grass-for-sightline-for-kicks/

Sounds to me that there's no question that this "ruling' absolutely was the reason he missed at least two extra points. Probably three. Once again, NFL officials are proved to be full of shit. So instead, maybe the holder should use his knuckle or fist to drive a deep temporary indent into the turf. That wouldn't be a foreign object... assholes. Piece of grass... motherfuckers

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

On 1/19/2023 at 2:59 PM, Hate said:

I don’t understand this at all. I am being objective when I say that SF is better at every single position than Dallas except QB…and even that can be argued.

That's insane. Not objective at all. 

Dak is the best QB left in the NFC and the closest is Jalen Hurts. Next is Daniel Jones. Purdy is way far behind. 

In the Seattle game every single good completion Purdy had was with 5+ yds of separation. He was something like 6 for 19 when throwing into a window that was less than 5 yds of separation. Seattle's defense was horrible in the 2nd half. No NFL receiver should ever have 5 yds of separation. 

Parson is the best player on the field. Bosa is next and close enough it can be argued. Tank and Omenihu are similar levels. Tank better against the run and Omenihu better against the pass. 

Cowboys interior D line is better than 49ers and Cowboys are better at not giving up deep passes than the 49ers. 

SF is the deeper team and better in some areas but not even close to at every position. They played in maybe the 2nd or 3rd worst division in the league while the Cowboys played in the only division since the NFL went to 4 team divisions 20 years ago to land 3 teams in the playoffs divisional round. 

The Cowboys performance against Tampa is who they're supposed to be. They have the talent. Their problem is they don't show up at times and are inconsistent. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

Dak is the best QB left in the NFC and the closest is Jalen Hurts. Next is Daniel Jones. Purdy is way far behind. 

In the Seattle game every single good completion Purdy had was with 5+ yds of separation. He was something like 6 for 19 when throwing into a window that was less than 5 yds of separation. Seattle's defense was horrible in the 2nd half. No NFL receiver should ever have 5 yds of separation. 

Parson is the best player on the field. Bosa is next and close enough it can be argued. Tank and Omenihu are similar levels. Tank better against the run and Omenihu better against the pass. 

Cowboys interior D line is better than 49ers and Cowboys are better at not giving up deep passes than the 49ers. 

SF is the deeper team and better in some areas but not even close to at every position. They played in maybe the 2nd or 3rd worst division in the league while the Cowboys played in the only division since the NFL went to 4 team divisions 20 years ago to land 3 teams in the playoffs divisional round. 

The Cowboys performance against Tampa is who they're supposed to be. They have the talent. Their problem is they don't show up at times and are inconsistent. 

Eastbound And Down GIF

fuck yeah, let's go bitches

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Skip Bayless compares this team to the '92 team that surprised Steve Young and the 49ers 30-20 and went on to obliterate the Bills (as JJ had promised). 

Skip is smoking crack. Emmitt, Irvin, Troy ain’t walking through that door.

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Talking about not being objective.  Jesus.  Just look at the stats.  Which quarterback has the following line?

67.1 Completion %, 8.1 Average yards per pass attempt, 107 QB rating, and a 65 AQBR...also a 3 to 1 td to int ratio

66.2 Completion %, 7.6 Average yards per pass attempt, 91 QB rating, and a 57.9 AQBR...also a less than 2 to 1 td to int ratio

Which running group would you rather have?  WR group?  TE group?  OL? And which OC do you trust to call a better game?  That's just the offense. 

I hope the Cowboys win, I really do.  I just don't think that beating up on a shitty Tampa team proves anything.  The Cowboys we probably a better team overall last year and lost at home to a worse SF team.  Why would this year be any different.  And for the record, I'm not saying the Purdy is better than Dak.  But those weapons in that system make it much easier for a QB to have the kind of success Purdy has been having.  Guess we will see Sunday night.

Maybe the scheme creates that? Who are you going to stop? Load the box to stop CMC or Mitchell? Do you trust our secondary one on one with Deebo, Ayuk, and Kittle?

Like is said, I hope the cowboys win. Beating a trash Tampa team means nothing. I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Maybe the scheme creates that? Who are you going to stop? Load the box to stop CMC or Mitchell? Do you trust our secondary one on one with Deebo, Ayuk, and Kittle?

Like is said, I hope the cowboys win. Beating a trash Tampa team means nothing. I hope I’m wrong.

Why are you wasting your time on this guy?  He’s the biggest clown on the site. 

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Don't know, but clearly you aren't familiar with Helobious.

He runs bits like futureman. Herm is awful. One of a handful that is on ignore. 

53 minutes ago, futureman said:

hey crotch stain don’t you go roping me into this.  hermanator is a fuckwit who doesn’t know any better.  I do things deliberately. 

Bro, I’m your biggest fan. 

This is one of those games where consensus says it’s the favorite by a mile but all the variables are there for the underdog.

SF’s success has come defending the run, especially in second half. With Zeke and Pollard, Dallas can get this done, and using a solid RB passing game to augment it. Flip the sides and you gotta stop CMC (unsure if Dallas has what it takes here but recent improvements show promise) and put it on Purdy. I think Purdy is good but all his success has come hand in hand with CMC putting in big work. Very winnable.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

On 1/19/2023 at 10:13 PM, Porterhouse said:

You’re an idiot. TB D got overwhelmed by a confident and creative Dallas. Doesn’t mean it’ll repeat itself in San Fran. But give credit where it’s due: Kellen and Dak played great. You fucking weirdo. 

thank you for the complimentary feedback.  i choose to negatively deprecate.

parcells: we're in the divisional round and the pressure is on the opponent not us

48 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

thank you for the complimentary feedback.  i choose to negatively deprecate.

parcells: we're in the divisional round and the pressure is on the opponent not us

Never heard that Parcells quote. I will compliment your prior post’s use of Jap plays. You know, surprise-type things. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

Never heard that Parcells quote. I will compliment your prior post’s use of Jap plays. You know, surprise-type things. 

it's not a parcells quote, it's an invocation of "Parcells"...   your are what your record says you are, i.e. we're in the divisional round, etc.  not by accident we do deserve to be here

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's not a parcells quote, it's an invocation of "Parcells"...   your are what your record says you are, i.e. we're in the divisional round, etc.  not by accident we do deserve to be here

We’re long past the Wild Card round, but this makes your post-game TB comments even more curious. Let’s flame Moore after a great game because of what he hasn’t done during a game that’s not been played yet. And I am not jumping back on the Cowboys train until I see us back in the NFC Champ.