Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

On 11/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, Drew said:

Good.  Let him sit.  The More Tony shows out, the harder it'll be to just flat relegate him to "Every 3rd series" duties.  Yes he'll still be the "backup" to Zeke, but at least it may force their hands to play them similar snaps.

I think Mike gets crapped on quite a bit, and that Quinn worked wonders in turning it around.  But I think with a capable DC(anyone better than Nolan) with this talent, would have helped them to win most the games they one.  Maybe Quinn's defense got them one more win than any other capable DC would have.  But they'd still be 5-3, or worse 4-4 with Dak missing 5 games?  I think we'd have taken that as an absolute win.

This gonna be an ugly game.  Just the history, and the way Rodgers plays against us, and being up there...just weird.

I fully expect some kind of 17-12 game deep in the 4th quarter, with the final drive determining the winner, and the cowboys fans base crying how it was hard to beat GB with how bad they are.

Just get a fucking win and move on to the dome game against the Vikes.  That's the real test until the Giants on Thanksgiving.

Quinn is a good defensive coach. He's not a genius. He was brilliant enough to tweak a scheme into something a bit different, somewhat ahead of the league. He also benefitted from some amazing talent that fell into his lap. He's also the same guy that blew a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl. In Atlanta he eventually got fired because his teams got gradually worse. 

Parsons would be great anywhere. The scheme and Dan's usage allowed him really show it off. To some degree opponents are probably catching up to it somewhat. We should always be careful about anointing a coach, not knowing what other factors really led to his successes or failures. Same with quarterbacks and scheme fit players that were surrounded by a lot of supporting talent. It's just not that simple.

This defense is soft as usual and a pile of junk when it matters most. Hyped up early in the year and then get exposed and fall off a cliff. Good defenses don't blow a 14pt lead in the 4th qtr with 9min to go, especially when you needed just one play to end the game (4th and 7).  This goes for Parsons as well. You are supposed to be one of the best in the league on defense. Where are you when it matters in these type of games? Run defense as a whole might be the worst in football. Every single divisional round playoff loss we have had was almost solely because the defense was extreme garbage. Every one of them. When you absolutely need this defense to make that key play or stop, they don't. Unless we are playing Lions, Bears, Washington and those likes. I know GB is not good this year but Rodgers is their daddy and they did zero to disprove otherwise. Even with his worst team in his career, he still embarrassed us. Don't get your hopes up with Philly losing and thinking there is some hope to make a run. Defense won't allow it to happen. I don't even see one single playoff win coming this year and if they fuck around down the stretch, they could miss it entirely. All we kept hearing coming into this GB game was how the defense was going to terrorize GB all game. Gave up 31. Typical. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This defense is soft as usual and a pile of junk when it matters most. Hyped up early in the year and then get exposed and fall off a cliff. Good defenses don't blow a 14pt lead in the 4th qtr with 9min to go, especially when you needed just one play to end the game (4th and 7).  This goes for Parsons as well. You are supposed to be one of the best in the league on defense. Where are you when it matters in these type of games? Run defense as a whole might be the worst in football. Every single divisional round playoff loss we have had was almost solely because the defense was extreme garbage. Every one of them. When you absolutely need this defense to make that key play or stop, they don't. Unless we are playing Lions, Bears, Washington and those likes. I know GB is not good this year but Rodgers is their daddy and they did zero to disprove otherwise. Even with his worst team in his career, he still embarrassed us. Don't get your hopes up with Philly losing and thinking there is some hope to make a run. Defense won't allow it to happen. I don't even see one single playoff win coming this year and if they fuck around down the stretch, they could miss it entirely. All we kept hearing coming into this GB game was how the defense was going to terrorize GB all game. Gave up 31. Typical. 

The Lions and Bears had a great day running against our defense. Green Bay just used what they saw on that tape, and Aaron Rodgers played beautifully off of it. When you run the ball and just keep your offense in 2nd and 4, 3rd and 3 against us, we cant just crush the opponent with the pass rush. It is a high level of concern at this point.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hermanator said:

If they can find a decent corner to replace Lewis that would be huge. Joseph is garbage and Bland is risky

This is where they screwed up at the trade deadline if in fact the rumors were true they were chasing receivers instead of defensive backs. 

Bland wasn't great and once Brown went out Joseph was lost. They failed to realize if they want a long playoff run it won't be because of the offense. It'll be because the defense plays like a top 3 defense in the league and right now they're poor in the secondary and against the run. 

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fat fuck Mike said it best. Rushing the passer is a privilege. You have to earn the right to rush the passer. If you can’t stop the run, nothing else matters. When Aaron fucking rodgers is yelling at lefleur saying “we gotta run the fucking ball” you know you have a soft run d 

Let’s see. Jefferson covered by the likes of YKDV Bossman Fat Gunman Joseph. I predict he will have an NFL record for receiving yards in this game. He might have 500 yards. If I were Cowboys I would start Norm Hitzges over Joseph who has no brains to go with his lack of talent.

@drew with a certified clown take

You look at the numbers and Dak is pretty much identical to Cousins through both of their careers. But when people talk about Minnesota and their chances of winning the Super Bowl, Cousins is talked about as a detriment to their chances and we're always like, "if they had a REAL QB they would be very dangerous".

But when it comes to Dak, he is always talked about as if he's in some different tier above the likes of Cousins. "The Cowboys are obviously much better off with Dak" etc etc. We don't seem to have collectively accepted that Dak is a mid-tier QB, he only ever beats bad teams, and their chances of winning go down drastically because we just HAVE to throw the ball 45 times with this overpaid motherfucker who has more sleep number commercials than playoff wins.

41 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Let’s see. Jefferson covered by the likes of YKDV Bossman Fat Gunman Joseph. I predict he will have an NFL record for receiving yards in this game. He might have 500 yards. If I were Cowboys I would start Norm Hitzges over Joseph who has no brains to go with his lack of talent.

You understand that Diggs will be covering JJ, exactly as was the assignment last year, correct?

Edited by Pam Cummings

51 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You understand that Diggs will be covering JJ, exactly as was the assignment last year, correct?

They don't tend to move Diggs around much to match up so unless Quinn changes his tendencies and decides to play a match up game in the secondary Minnesota can scheme Jefferson on Mr Fat quite a bit. 

@drew with a certified clown take

You look at the numbers and Dak is pretty much identical to Cousins through both of their careers. But when people talk about Minnesota and their chances of winning the Super Bowl, Cousins is talked about as a detriment to their chances and we're always like, "if they had a REAL QB they would be very dangerous".

But when it comes to Dak, he is always talked about as if he's in some different tier above the likes of Cousins. "The Cowboys are obviously much better off with Dak" etc etc. We don't seem to have collectively accepted that Dak is a mid-tier QB, he only ever beats bad teams, and their chances of winning go down drastically because we just HAVE to throw the ball 45 times with this overpaid motherfucker who has more sleep number commercials than playoff wins.

Diggs gives up big plays too. But they will move Jefferson around to get the matchups they want. Or they’ll just throw to whomever is being covered by Joseph as he is shit at covering anyone. Should have been cut when it came out about his gunfight.

Oh look, GB wasn't playing Dallas' shitty defense and couldn't mount a comeback as they did last week. Leave it to Dallas to make GB actually look like they have some life for the final stretch lulz. I didn't see GB gashing them for the run and Rodgers making plays all 4th qtr. 

Dak is just way too inconsistent at this point. Probably because of the injuries and it's changed how he's played. 

From 2018 until the OT win at New England last year in 40 something games Dak had 6 games with a QB rating under 80. In the less than 20 games since then he's has 6 games under 80 QB rating. 

I think part of it is his running ability opened up the rest of the field for him. Now that teams don't play him to run he isn't good enough to consistently beat them week in and out. 

We all shit on almost every one of Jerruh's offseason moves:

Kicker lol

Letting Collins go

Letting Gregory go

Resigning worst backup in the league Rush

Drafting Smith with his leg extension surgery

Keeping Fat Mike as coach

Franchising tagging Shultz

Not signing any big name free agents, etc...

So far, not a bad offseason. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, Hermanator said:

Dak is just way too inconsistent at this point. Probably because of the injuries and it's changed how he's played. 

From 2018 until the OT win at New England last year in 40 something games Dak had 6 games with a QB rating under 80. In the less than 20 games since then he's has 6 games under 80 QB rating. 

I think part of it is his running ability opened up the rest of the field for him. Now that teams don't play him to run he isn't good enough to consistently beat them week in and out. 

Over the last 2 years no QB has scored more PPG than Dak Prescott. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

We all shit on almost every one of Jerruh's offseason moves:

Kicker lol

Letting Collins go

Letting Gregory go

Resigning worst backup in the league Rush

Drafting Smith with his leg extension surgery

Keeping Fat Mike as coach

Franchising tagging Shultz

Not signing any big name free agents, etc...

So far, not a bad offseason. 

Remember, we tried like hell to keep Gregory, just fucked up the signing, so that wasn't a good decision, we just got lucky.

Schultz isn't worthy of the franchise tag -- but I guess it's a decent short-term gig.  We shouldn't sign him to anything more than 2-3 year deal worth 7m per or less.

We didn't need necessarily a big name free agent.... we needed and still do, another CB, a run clogging DT and hair on fire LB vs the run.  As well as another WR who can win vs man.  Tyronn coming back will be interesting because do we move the rookie inside?

We have money..... it's weird.  We've also been (knock on wood) unbelievably healthy in the trenches.  That's been a saving grace as another injury or two to the starters would have been really problematic.  The rookie OL has been very good and they get credit.  Steele is a good, not great, run blocking RT, but still mediocre (although learning) in pass pro, but has been overall good.

And I like the Peters signing and like to get him a few more snaps every game.

Overall, some things went right, some things went wrong but Dallas has two decent coordinators (1 is probably extremely good) and we got that guy..... Parsons erases a ton of mistakes.  He's better than Ware at this stage and didn't think I would be saying that.

Another move on the good side is Sam Williams is coming on and could be a real help this last late stretch, but we still can't cover if our pass rush doesn't get home and that's a big issue vs good teams.  The good thing is there are only a out 4 good teams on the NFC side.  Vikings were/are a good team but also a bit of paper tiger.  The two TEs we got another huge positive.  

• Like 2

Remember, we tried like hell to keep Gregory, just fucked up the signing, so that wasn't a good decision, we just got lucky.
Schultz isn't worthy of the franchise tag -- but I guess it's a decent short-term gig.  We shouldn't sign him to anything more than 2-3 year deal worth 7m per or less.
We didn't need necessarily a big name free agent.... we needed and still do, another CB, a run clogging DT and hair on fire LB vs the run.  As well as another WR who can win vs man.  Tyronn coming back will be interesting because do we move the rookie inside?
We have money..... it's weird.  We've also been (knock on wood) unbelievably healthy in the trenches.  That's been a saving grace as another injury or two to the starters would have been really problematic.  The rookie OL has been very good and they get credit.  Steele is a good, not great, run blocking RT, but still mediocre (although learning) in pass pro, but has been overall good.
And I like the Peters signing and like to get him a few more snaps every game.
Overall, some things went right, some things went wrong but Dallas has two decent coordinators (1 is probably extremely good) and we got that guy..... Parsons erases a ton of mistakes.  He's better than Ware at this stage and didn't think I would be saying that.
Another move on the good side is Sam Williams is coming on and could be a real help this last late stretch, but we still can't cover if our pass rush doesn't get home and that's a big issue vs good teams.  The good thing is there are only a out 4 good teams on the NFC side.  Vikings were/are a good team but also a bit of paper tiger.  The two TEs we got another huge positive.  

We did luck out on Gregory pushing back the contract and going to Denver. I think we put a 2 on Schultz and let him go. The two rookies can take over.

The Amari deal was the worst move. It would be ideal if he were still here. Im mixed on OBJ.

The question for off-season will be Pollard. Im generally not a 2nd contract proponent for RBs but he’s low mileage, which means his price in market will be high.

I want to see final grades but does 77 move to LG next to 73 or vice versa? I think you keep 73 at LT as that’s where he’ll be for career and move Tyron. We need a center. Steele is getting better and is grading out excellent on the run.

Bossman Fat has to go so we need two CBs. Agree on a fire plug in the middle.
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 2:02 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Well?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was several days behind on this thread and just caught up. It’s interesting reading all the teeth gnashing about GB knowing that we wrecked a good Minnesota team today. 

We overreact when we lose, and overreact when we win. Just like the Horns this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Lost to GB and beat the shit out of the Vikings. Nfl going to nfl.

Minnesota nowhere near as good as their record and Green Bay nowhere near as bad as their record. (And Aaron Rodgers doesn't lose to the Cowboys.)

• Like 1

I am just so fucking tired of sad boys who clearly have either never gotten laid, or if a supermodel laid down in front of them and said "take me" they'd bitch that she's a whore.

If I had five bucks for every loser at the bar who said "huh where was this LAST week" I could have paid my bar tab.

Does today mean that Dallas is winning the super bowl? No. Did last week mean that Dallas sucks? No.

Enjoy today. It was fun as fuck shitting in Kirk Cousins mouth.

I don't know what we are but we're not the soft ass Vikings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Lotta emotional takes on this page

Its possible to be both (a) happy about yesterday's ass kicking, and (b) skeptical if it really means anything long term. We have had good teams and good wins over the last 25 years and it hasn't amounted to jack shit in the playoffs. I want post season success so bad, so frustrating.

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Nah we for sure winning the Super Bowl.

At least until the Thanksgiving game.

Dallas -9 vs NYG

Seems like we've had some weird ass results on T Day the last few years but Daniel Jones is about to find out. 

30-13 Boys

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Hosting a wildcard. 50-50 we win that. Go on the road the next week and lose. That’s the best you get until Jerry is gone

You're not hosting shit unless you win your division. Unless Philly just falls apart it's gonna be at Tampa or at SF most likely imo

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Is there not a WC vs WC game now on the first weekend?

Nope. Top division winner gets a bye. Other 3 division winners host the 3 wild cards.

Philly lost to Taylor Heinicke and barely pulled it out against a tanking Indy team. I think they're beatable. No one in the NFC scares the shit out of me. We just exposed Minnesota. The West teams may very well be the most dangerous come playoff time. SF in particular looks to be rounding into form (watch them lay an egg tonight).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We should be the top seed WC if Philly doesn’t collapse. (Shit if we don’t collapse) so 5th seed vs 4th seed so worst division winner, likely the South. So go to Tampa.

I don’t care if we go 17-0 nothing matters to me except significant play in post season. Yesterdays team could compete in a Super Bowl. We’ve had several teams that were the best in the nfc and croaked out early.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

We should be the top seed WC if Philly doesn’t collapse. (Shit if we don’t collapse) so 5th seed vs 4th seed so worst division winner, likely the South. So go to Tampa.

I don’t care if we go 17-0 nothing matters to me except significant play in post season. Yesterdays team could compete in a Super Bowl. We’ve had several teams that were the best in the nfc and croaked out early.

I’d rather play Minnesota or Seattle in the first round over TB.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

This.  Fat girlfriends were in rare form on national media yesterday.  I was like, "This franchise has ONE fucking postseason win in the last 11 billionty years, and y'all have 55 gallon drums of anointing oil on deck."  Tap the fucking brakes for crisake.

and it doesn't make a shit who the Cowboys play in the postseason either.  Their biggest opponent is in their own lockerroom, in their own culture.  Culture being what you regularly accept and reward.

Edited by slorch