Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Over the first 29 years of my life, the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl 8 times.  They won 5 of them.
I was 5 years old when they played in their first SB.  I was 6 when they won their first.  I sat outside in a car in the Moody Coliseum parking lot for two days with my dad, and then inside Moody Coliseum for 2 days with my mom, waiting to purchase tickets to SB 12, which I got travel to the Superdome with my family for, creating a pretty incredible memory.
I was in college when Aikman and the boys went all the way in '92, and then had a blast as the Boys won 3 out of 4.  Should have been 4 out of 4 but Deion got away with blatant interference.
So it was perfectly natural for me to expect that Dallas always making the playoffs and winning some Super Bowls here and there would continue throughout my lifetime.
Now I have to constantly scroll through shit-talking memes all over twitter and facebook, mainly by HOUSTON FUCKING TEXANS fans.  And given it's been more than a quarter of a century, I've been out of witty comebacks for a while.
Each year I humbly ask God to let me see the Cowboys win one more Super Bowl before I check out.
Will this be the year?

No it will not.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

There are so few likable things about this franchise that it makes it really difficult to continue to be a fan. I feel like I’m more obligated than anything else these days. I don’t get pissed about losses anymore and really don’t even celebrate wins. I find myself cheering for other teams more than the Cowboys anymore. My adopted teams this year are Buffalo and the Chargers. Now, if the Cowboys plated either of them, I would be “cheering” for the Cowboys to win, but not like I used to when the Cowboys were fun to cheer for.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

There are so few likable things about this franchise that it makes it really difficult to continue to be a fan. I feel like I’m more obligated than anything else these days. I don’t get pissed about losses anymore and really don’t even celebrate wins. I find myself cheering for other teams more than the Cowboys anymore. My adopted teams this year are Buffalo and the Chargers. Now, if the Cowboys plated either of them, I would be “cheering” for the Cowboys to win, but not like I used to when the Cowboys were fun to cheer for.

Reminds of this and it's spot on. The players and coaches turn over all the time. The team has zero loyalty to us. The extort the general public to pay for their spaceship stadiums that aren't needed. This isn't like high school or college where you have direct ties to the team/school. You are essentially just rooting for the clothing. I still root for Dallas and the other DFW area teams but my passion has died down heavily as I got older. Probably because I have my own life and in a different place mentally than when I was younger. Wins don't get me too high and the losses don't get me too low. It's just entertainment.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, futureman said:

on the ticket this morning they were talking about dak and how much he sucks.  he’s 27th in the league against man coverage.  against teams above .500 he’s 13-24; against 10-win teams he is 5-20; against 11-win teams he is 2-12.

he absolutely fucking sucks and deserves to bounce around the league on one-year contracts until he finally lands back in louisiana and fades into complete obscurity like the useless piece of shit that he is. 

Aaron Rodgers is 36-43-1 against teams with winning records.  He is 0-42 when trailing in the 4th quarter by more than 1 point against a team with a winning record.  

Reminds of this and it's spot on. The players and coaches turn over all the time. The team has zero loyalty to us. The extort the general public to pay for their spaceship stadiums that aren't needed. This isn't like high school or college where you have direct ties to the team/school. You are essentially just rooting for the clothing. I still root for Dallas and the other DFW area teams but my passion has died down heavily as I got older. Probably because I have my own life and in a different place mentally than when I was younger. Wins don't get me too high and the losses don't get me too low. It's just entertainment.

I agree with much of this. The issue with Dallas though isn’t player and coach turnover but the lack thereof. The previous coach was ten years of mediocrity. The new coach defines average.
The issues with players is there is not enough turnover; the FO is enamoured of their build from within philosophy, combined with the owner’s bleeding heart for problem players like Randy Gregory and now Kelvin Joseph. I believe had Cooper gotten vaccinated he’d still be on this team.
The modern NFL requires far more fluidity in rosters, contracts, and star FAs. See the Rams, Bucs, Pats, Niners. What does it take to win now? What strategy in rosters and coaches is needed to drive a new team every season? The cowboys used to lead. Now they are ass backwards.
As far as public funding of ATT, Jerry invested a big majority of funding; Arlington did the balance with bonds and lodging taxes that paid it off ahead of schedule. My issue with Arlington is they failed to secure The Star to go with it; they are just now waking up and redeveloping the area. They nearly lost the Rangers to Frisco.

I don’t really get wrapped up in season wins. It’s all about ghe playoffs and I’m out of gas to get worked up for them. My son and I will watch the games but don’t invest much until we see something new in January.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Aaron Rodgers is 36-43-1 against teams with winning records.  He is 0-42 when trailing in the 4th quarter by more than 1 point against a team with a winning record.  

multiple league MVPs, wins over dak in the playoffs, and a world championship.  amazing argument. 

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

multiple league MVPs, wins over dak in the playoffs, and a world championship.  amazing argument. 

Even the best in the biz don’t have good records against 10 win teams or teams with winning records being the point.   

39 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Even the best in the biz don’t have good records against 10 win teams or teams with winning records being the point.  

there are more than a few quarterbacks with winning records against winning teams.  dak isn't close to being one of them because he sucks ass.

If Peters proves as durable as he's been through his career and solid along with Smith looking solid at LG I can see this being a surprisingly good season. This should be the best defense they've had since 2007 if not earlier. Dak and the offense don't have to be great. Just have to be opportunistic, run the ball, and hit the big ones more times than not when they're there. 

A good defense and running game will keep them in games. 

Edited by Hermanator

18 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If Peters proves as durable as he's been through his career and solid along with Smith looking solid at LG I can see this being a surprisingly good season. This should be the best defense they've had since 2007 if not earlier. Dak and the offense don't have to be great. Just have to be opportunistic, run the ball, and hit the big ones more times than not when they're there. 

A good defense and running game will keep them in games. 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

FcKBTs0WIAIp9TC?format=jpg&name=medium

Speaking as someone who shattered both bones in my lower leg… this can happen. The incision site, fracture line, or even the area where the plates hold the bones together can become hypersensitive to a shoe rubbing a part of the ankle.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who shattered both bones in my lower leg… this can happen. The incision site, fracture line, or even the area where the plates hold the bones together can become hypersensitive to a shoe rubbing a part of the ankle.

Totally agree. But at $40m a year couldn’t you find a sports shoe cobbler to make you custom shoes that fit and wear perfectly? Trying new shoes before the first game. Look at the big brain on Dak!

12 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I have the exact same issue. Took me 4 years to be able to wear boots again after my surgery. Still have to be careful with dress shoes and some boots.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

They have to hand the ball to Zeke time and time again in the middle of the defense even if it's not productive. 

Shit, wonder why this guy went from NFL HC to press box warrior in just a couple of years. 

Yep lmao. It's one thing to run the ball because you are having success. But running just to run does absolutely nothing. Bob Sturm did a great breakdown that play action when the run is working vs isn't working is very marginal at best to how successful that play action is. Garrett did that his whole time here. Pointless ass runs, especially on 2nd and longs. Fuck him

Not going to get overly excited about a 40yr old who was still a free agent that late (this is usually for good reason) but if holds true and this OL can be salvaged this season, then the season can be salvaged. But lord help us if we have injuries to this already paper thin OL. And WR. 

None of this bothers me because I gave up caring a while back. This thing will never change as long as the Jones family are in charge. Why this doesn't send Jerry to an early grave is something I will never know. Stephen is just plain incompetent but I feel he doesn't have the same stupid bloodlust that Jerry has to prove to everyone that he is "a football man". He at least would hire a GM after failing for 20 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

None of this bothers me because I gave up caring a while back. This thing will never change as long as the Jones family are in charge. Why this doesn't send Jerry to an early grave is something I will never know. Stephen is just plain incompetent but I feel he doesn't have the same stupid bloodlust that Jerry has to prove to everyone that he is "a football man". He at least would hire a GM after failing for 20 years. 

yep, this. maybe i watch the games, maybe i dont

the charlie strong  years did the same for me and UT football