Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I don’t get why they don’t make a minor change. A division with a losing record winner forfeits it’s position and should get reseeded in favor of teams with winning records.

Nah keep the seeding system the same for matchup purposes, but add that better record hosts regardless of seeding. Should mostly affect the wildcard round, but could go deeper on occasion- and would incentivize teams to keep trying to win even after seeds are set. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

The NFL screwed it up when they went to 8 divisions instead of 6. But That's what they want. They don't care about the integrity of the game any more. They want the most teams to have hope of getting into playoffs so fans of shitty teams will keep watching and buying $50 t-shirts. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nah keep the seeding system the same for matchup purposes, but add that better record hosts regardless of seeding. Should mostly affect the wildcard round, but could go deeper on occasion- and would incentivize teams to keep trying to win even after seeds are set. 

Except the Cowboys, whom the Bucs physically can’t catch unless they win out and we lose out. 

The NFL screwed it up when they went to 8 divisions instead of 6. But That's what they want. They don't care about the integrity of the game any more. They want the most teams to have hope of getting into playoffs so fans of shitty teams will keep watching and buying $50 t-shirts. 

I like the current line up. One bye. 3 WCs to line up with the other Div winners. What does a playoff structure or an odd ball 6 divisions for 32 teams have to do with integrity. Parity is good for the fans, the leagues, the money train. Same with the SEC with how competitive it is. In a 17 game season it’s good that teams can win late and win.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Similar stats but why would you throw in a 1st round pick? Wait, Jerry, is this you?

I thought we’d get the pick back. I misread the tweet. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.2df821c6e93f993a6cb8e869d64724c8.jpg

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

A fancy way of saying “it’s the run game that really matters in Dallas” or “when we are up, we run the ball a lot to kill the clock”.

either one is accurate.

Even fancier way to say "Zeke gets more carries when we're up in the 4th".

Zeke getting carries doesn't lead to wins. Games with leads late lead to Zeke getting more carries. 

Still surprised it's 17-0. This team has been very good at not blowing leads late to lose. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

trying to envision a playoff scenario where Dallas can wiggle to the top. 

1. Eagles 2. Vikings 3. Niners 4. Brady Bunch .  Those are the division winners right now. 

5. Dallas 6. anyone

Round 1 would be

3. Niners vs. 6. Anyone

4. Brady Bunch at home vs. 5. Dallas

Is that correct? 

Round 2 would be 

Niners @ Vikings  (if SF wins wc)

Dallas @ Eagles

Is that correct?  

36 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

1. Eagles 2. Vikings 3. Niners 4. Brady Bunch .  Those are the division winners right now. 

5. Dallas 6. anyone

Round 1 would be

3. Niners vs. 6. Anyone

Is that correct? 

Round 2 would be 

Dallas @ Eagles

Is that correct?  

7 teams make the playoffs.  The 1 seed gets a bye the other 3 division winners play at home against wild cards 5-7.

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

5. Dallas 6. anyone

Round 1 would be

3. Niners vs. 6. Anyone

Is that correct? 

Round 2 would be 

Dallas @ Eagles

Is that correct?  

2 best scenarios if Cowboys win would be Vikings getting 2nd seed and the 6 or 7 seed winning or the improbable happens and the 6 and 7 seed both win and Cowboys host the 6 seed. 

26 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Good thing they scored 13 then.

Yeah, my bad.  I thought that they were up 27-10 at half.  Choking away a 17 point lead that far into the second half makes it even worse.  Oh well, Cowboys fans should be used to this.  I hope this first round loss is enough to finally kill JJ. 

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, my bad.  I thought that they were up 27-10 at half.  Choking away a 17 point lead that far into the second half makes it even worse.  Oh well, Cowboys fans should be used to this.  I hope this first round loss is enough to finally kill JJ. 

I was hoping that by now we'd have a picture of Chris Beard with the Cowboys logo on it, next to a picture of the former fiancee with the words "the lead" over her.

34 points should be enough.

Jalen Hurts may sit in the Christmas Eve game based on reports. Minchew is the backup.

The Hurts MVP thing kinda reminds me of the year Carson Wentz was gonna win MVP before he got injured with a loaded Eagles roster. Then Nick Foles goes on to win the Super Bowl. Now I think Hurts is better than Wentz but good grief. He has the best offensive line in football calm down a little.

20 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

34 points should be enough.

Jalen Hurts may sit in the Christmas Eve game based on reports. Minchew is the backup.

The Hurts MVP thing kinda reminds me of the year Carson Wentz was gonna win MVP before he got injured with a loaded Eagles roster. Then Nick Foles goes on to win the Super Bowl. Now I think Hurts is better than Wentz but good grief. He has the best offensive line in football calm down a little.

That's exactly what i think too. You don't even have to go back very far or even change the teams to see the obvious example either.

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in football, but the Eagles would take Burrow, Allen, and Herbert over Hurts all day long as well.

Super Bowls 1 - 30: Dallas has 8 appearances. 26.7% of these Super Bowls.  

Super Bowls 31 - 57: Dallas has 0 appearances. 0% of these Super Bowls.

Are enough old people passing on their following of the Cowboys for them to stay relevant when they’ve all keeled over?

When the Cowboys were in the playoffs literally every year, I get the widespread popularity. How does this clowncar manage to stay relevant when they’ve been in as many Super Bowls as the Lions, Browns, and Jets this century?