Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Meh, they are good every other year and they had a good season last year, so my hopes weren't too high to begin with given the lack of offensive firepower.

Romo was hurt in 2015, Dak was hurt in 2020 and now again in 2022. 14 months from now we'll all be like, "DEM BOYS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!"

You can't be disappointed if you never get excited in the first place.

Based on the pattern, I'm thinking 4-13 or 5-12 is going to be about right this year. Then next year we will draft a couple of young offensive players who will have a really good season and that will be difference.... right? RIGHT?

image.png.2ba7a5e3d5e9d1f1e5c1de07a4f722e8.png

dak fucking sucks.

some of you knew it.  some of you are coming around to it.  some of you, the tragic ones, will never know it.

but don’t ever forget who told you first.  dak fucking sucks.  most overrated, overpaid, fraudulent fucking pile of trash in professional sports. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

dak fucking sucks.

some of you knew it.  some of you are coming around to it.  some of you, the tragic ones, will never know it.

but don’t ever forget who told you first.  dak fucking sucks.  most overrated, overpaid, fraudulent fucking pile of trash in professional sports. 

Futureman awake early and getting his troll on

2 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Meh, they are good every other year and they had a good season last year, so my hopes weren't too high to begin with given the lack of offensive firepower.

Romo was hurt in 2015, Dak was hurt in 2020 and now again in 2022. 14 months from now we'll all be like, "DEM BOYS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!"

You can't be disappointed if you never get excited in the first place.

Based on the pattern, I'm thinking 4-13 or 5-12 is going to be about right this year. Then next year we will draft a couple of young offensive players who will have a really good season and that will be difference.... right? RIGHT?

image.png.2ba7a5e3d5e9d1f1e5c1de07a4f722e8.png

Yup

How many times do we hear this after games? Often. Bucs LB said they knew exactly what our gameplan was. Playcalling has been an issue here since the Romo days. Romo was just a gunslinger who could improvise and cover a lot of that up. Also, he knew how to audible out of so many terrible Garrett calls.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/bucs-lb-we-knew-cowboys-offensive-plan

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe Mayor Eric Johnson has the right idea and this city needs a 2nd NFL team. It might be the only way for this city to experience winning football in the next 50 years. 

If they moved the Chargers to ft worth I'd instantly be the biggest Chargers fan ever. 

I'd fly a drone over Jerry's house to drop light blue paint on Jerry's driveway once a week. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Worst part is Jerry/Stephen get an excuse for their shitty offseason and we're stuck with Fat Mike another year.

Well you see if we had Dak...derp

They went through a whole offseason where they traded away their best WR for nothing. Scoffed at signing Von Miller. Another wasted free agency. Gregory and Collins are gone. Drafted a WR in the 3rd round who can't even suit up. Noah Brown is your #2 guy going into week 1. This was a disaster offseason. We will absolutely waste Parsons as we did D-Ware. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

They went through a whole offseason where they traded away their best WR for nothing. Scoffed at signing Von Miller. Another wasted free agency. Gregory and Collins are gone. Drafted a WR in the 3rd round who can't even suit up. Noah Brown is your #2 guy going into week 1. This was a disaster offseason. We will absolutely waste Parsons as we did D-Ware. 

I was pretty much in shock when I heard they were getting rid of Cooper, but I figured they at least had a plan to replace him. And then they let Cedric Wilson go. 

Then we finished training camp and I was like... seriously? 

Good WR's are a dime a dozen in the NFL nowadays and yet we only have one. Gallup as #2 MIGHT have been a good plan, but he's coming off a freaking ACL injury and you never know how those work out. 

I don't typically get onto GM / Player Personnel moves like a lot of other people do, but in this case I can see their point. It was gross malpractice to let Cooper go while we were still under the weight of Zeke's bloated contract and unable to sign another big WR. 

And now Dak's hurt.

Gonna be a long season boys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, the cowboys really are the aggys of the nfl. Shitty coaching with archaic, unimaginative offense that’s easy to game plan for. Regarded fan base that keeps making excuses for why they suck and keep coming to the games.

At this point, I hope the cowboys don’t win another championship until Jones is dead and gone so that miserable piece of shit doesn’t get to enjoy the one thing he wants more than anything.

9 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Pundits saying our wr aren’t good enough, I’m not sold on the players being the problem. I think McCarthy/Moore suck and better coaches would get a lot more out of them. As much as dak was terrible last night, he couldn’t overcome their suck.

I didn't think Brown was bad at all in the game. He's been here so long he knows where to be and with proper coaching you can make something work with Lamb, Brown, Schultz, and Pollard with some spots to get Turpin in and use his speed to threaten deep or the boundary. 

It also goes back to when Tyron was injured. That was a few weeks ago. They had time to get Peters in and working so they didn't have to do what they did yesterday. They screwed that up because they didn't want to guarantee his 4 or so million dollar salary when they have over 20 million in free cap. 

Just dumb shit all around. 

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Maybe the Jones boys decided to actively get worse in the offseason in order to have a shit year so they could fire McCarthy and hire Sean Payton and get a badass draft pick?  That's all I got.  What a fucking weekend.

Feels more like “here’s your 40 million per year, now go win games by yourself” spoiled brat behavior. 

• Fuck You 1

For those thinking Amari Cooper was some elite WR, he had 3 catches for 17 yards yesterday.  The problem is the offensive system.  It sucks along with everything else associated with this franchise.  I'm 100% serious that Micah should immediately demand a trade.  He should not have to have the stink of this franchise associated with him.

• Like 1

The bright side:

I know for a fact I don’t have to get invested into this season outside of my bets and my fantasy teams.

The reality:

This might buy fat mike another year. And Dak’s thumb ain’t getting better this year. It may be good enough for him to play but the thumb on his throwing hand… he’s fucked. And we officially have to tag him as injury prone 

18 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

@futureman has been right all along.  Dak is making Mahomes type money and the talent delta between the two is vast.

Cooper Rush was cut, because they knew no other team would sign him, and I would not be surprised if we improve with him at the helm. That's where we are right now. 

Stop it. We’ve seen Cooper Rush. He’s bad. Dallas isn’t improving because Cooper Rush is now the starting QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

For those thinking Amari Cooper was some elite WR, he had 3 catches for 17 yards yesterday.  The problem is the offensive system.  It sucks along with everything else associated with this franchise.  I'm 100% serious that Micah should immediately demand a trade.  He should not have to have the stink of this franchise associated with him.
Did you see any of that game? Cooper was wide open plenty of times and his QB didn't get him the ball. Also he shook a guy so good, they had to interfere with him in the end zone to keep him from scoring. Cooper is elite at route running. Cooper being on the field allowed the rest of our WRs to run free. Schultz was open literally all game because of him.

Did you see the offense in the games he missed last year? Absolute trash. And that was with a better supporting cast at that position and the OL.

You think it's a coincidence we looked as bad as we did in his absence yet again?

It's not a coincidence this offense instantly got better when we traded for him in 2018.

He was a massive loss and more so we had no plan to replace him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I don’t have an issue unloading Cooper. He gets disinterested in games and his vax situation pissed off the Jones. My issue is their vocal disdain of him and telegraphing they would cut him, rather than playing the game and getting substantially more value than just a 5. It was a momentous misread of the market for a top shelf W/R. Combine that with a huge contract for an injured Gallup instead of giving him a one year prove it. Letting Wilson leave without a plan to replace his solid production is another mistake.

Same with their blindness to Tyron Smiths health, getting pissed at Collins, and not finding a center. I doubt peters can play at Tyler smith level; he’s been in serious decline and likely isn’t in football shape.

I don’t get it. The Eagles do a thorough SWOT analysis of each group and player and do what they can to get better at each. This group botched it all. It’s like the whole front office is jim irsay’s best dope customer.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

I don’t have an issue unloading Cooper. He gets disinterested in games and his vax situation pissed off the Jones. My issue is their vocal disdain of him and telegraphing they would cut him, rather than playing the game and getting substantially more value than just a 5. It was a momentous misread of the market for a top shelf W/R. Combine that with a huge contract for an injured Gallup instead of giving him a one year prove it. Letting Wilson leave without a plan to replace his solid production is another mistake.

Same with their blindness to Tyron Smiths health, getting pissed at Collins, and not finding a center. I doubt peters can play at Tyler smith level; he’s been in serious decline and likely isn’t in football shape.

I don’t get it. The Eagles do a thorough SWOT analysis of each group and player and do what they can to get better at each. This group botched it all. It’s like the whole front office is jim irsay’s best dope customer.

Cooper was going to want to get paid like Adams and Hill did and he is neither of them.  Cooper has 520 catches in a 109 career games.  That is not elite.  I'm glad they got rid of him, but would have preferred they execute some sort of plan to fill the void. 

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

Cooper was going to want to get paid like Adams and Hill did and he is neither of them.  Cooper has 520 catches in a 109 career games.  That is not elite.  I'm glad they got rid of him, but would have preferred they execute some sort of plan to fill the void. 

Cooper has a part time player mentality making full time player salary. 

But that said if you're not going to replace him then at least demand a 2nd round pick for him otherwise just keep him this year. They had the cap space. 

The worst backup QB in the NFL and I don't think it's really very close.

You need to look at the list. Rush has won a real game. And did ok.

Let’s see. Easton Stick. Bailey Zappe. Kellen Mond. Felipe Franks. Nathan Peterman. Brett Rypien. The 64 backups is mostly an anonymous bunch. I would say the Colts, Eagles, Niners, Saints only teams I can think of with a solid backup situation.

OK, I'm putting on my homer hat. Cowboys start 0-2, that's pretty much a given. Potential winnable games with Rush/Grier combo vs Detroit, Chicago, and either Giants or Redskins, gets them to 3-5 going into the bye week. Dak comes back for Green Bay, leads Cowboys to 7-3 the rest of the way, 9-8 shitty East division champs.

OK, fuck all that shit. Can we stage an insurrection at Cowboys headquarters and install Elon Musk or Condi Rice or somebody as the new owner/GM?

Edited by DougO