Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

JG was going for 1

image.png.aa7864c1854bea88d6cad82a81a1403d.png

Lol of course he would. Because there is a huge difference in being up 1 and 2 with that time remaining.

Also, this defense I believe got the Packers into 3rd down 3 times when they got the ball back. Let them convert them all to run out the clock. Rodgers was on one leg that game, too. A rookie Davante Adams I believe had some huge plays.

At least we only get to hear Rodgers bitch from the outside. Right? That’s a positive. I just can’t see a way to TB winning this game unless Brady pulls the game of his life. Not trying to help TB out but not using the other RB (White I think that’s his last name) is dumb. Could they pick up Gronk in the next few days? Is that allowed? He’s been posting some cryptic shit.

A lot to worry about with Tampa. Our corners suck, so they can’t cover long enough to force the qb to hold the ball, so the pass rush really struggles to get home. There’s a real chance Tom brady can just throw it to the open guy short all day picking us apart while our pass rush has no chance of getting there in time.

On offense, Tampa is strong up the middle which fucks up our shitty run game, and our Wrs really suck. It’s true, we run hitches and outs all day and our wr don’t get enough separation. Dak always has to throw into dicey situations bc the wr either can’t get open / or the scheme is so bad the defense knows what they are going to do beforehand.

We could lose this game even though we definitely have the better team.

And kellen Moore sucks.

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

A lot to worry about with Tampa. Our corners suck, so they can’t cover long enough to force the qb to hold the ball, so the pass rush really struggles to get home. There’s a real chance Tom brady can just throw it to the open guy short all day picking us apart while our pass rush has no chance of getting there in time.

On offense, Tampa is strong up the middle which fucks up our shitty run game, and our Wrs really suck. It’s true, we run hitches and outs all day and our wr don’t get enough separation. Dak always has to throw into dicey situations bc the wr either can’t get open / or the scheme is so bad the defense knows what they are going to do beforehand.

We could lose this game even though we definitely have the better team.

And kellen Moore sucks.

It would make for delicious teeth-gnashing on the local sports radio channels.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:36 PM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Remember Romo's fumble on a FG or extra point that cost us a big game? That's what he was... Maybe Dak's trying to out-Romo Romo.

I blame coaching on that

Why is he holding?

Why is he holding after having to QB sneak in the TD?

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I blame coaching on that

Why is he holding?

Why is he holding after having to QB sneak in the TD?

What QB sneak? That was a FG attempt

He was the holder because he was the backup QB until mid season when Parcels took out Bledsoe and replaced him with Romo against the Giants. Why Parcels didn't go to a punter to hold after Romo became the starter is the question. Maybe he didn't have a punter that was reliable as a holder and Bledsoe wasn't a holder at any point in his career that I know of. 

10 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

It would make for delicious teeth-gnashing on the local sports radio channels.

Yeah I really don’t give a shit. I am getting to the point where I can’t stand Dak. He’s just not good. We could do worse for sure but he will never elevate a team. He’s not a top half QB. 

Nothing about the Cowboys makes me nervous. I fully expect them to choke in the playoffs. I’m just hoping that the loss is in such epic fashion that it causes JJ to croak.

Yeah I really don’t give a shit. I am getting to the point where I can’t stand Dak. He’s just not good. We could do worse for sure but he will never elevate a team. He’s not a top half QB. 

I’ll bet he leads the league in quality sleep though!
  • Hook 'Em 1

We’ve become such a joke relative to what we were through ‘95. I don’t celebrate Cowboys failure but I always chuckle throughout the inevitable meltdown. There is no way a Dak Prescott led team is going to SF or Philly and winning a game, particularly with Micah playing like a lazy vagina. 

We’ve become such a joke relative to what we were through ‘95. I don’t celebrate Cowboys failure but I always chuckle throughout the inevitable meltdown. There is no way a Dak Prescott led team is going to SF or Philly and winning a game, particularly with Micah playing like a lazy vagina. 

Micah has been beat to shit because Quinn has used him as a DL almost exclusive this season vs last year.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

From the 1960s through 95, the Cowboys were the most prominent team because every great team either was the Cowboys, or their defining moment was beating the Cowboys. The 60s Packers defining game was the Ice Bowl. The 70s Steelers were defined by their two Super Bowls against the Cowboys. The 80s 49ers were defined by Dwight Clark and "The Catch." The Cowboys WERE the team of the 90s, and except for Jerry fucking everything, they would have had at least one more Super Bowl, and maybe two. 

Since 1995, they've been "just another team," but the love and hatred of the Cowboys around the NFL was because win or lose, they were there in almost every significant game, and they broke a lot of other team's hearts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Micah has been beat to shit because Quinn has used him as a DL almost exclusive this season vs last year.

He also relies on his athleticism and doesn’t work hard. 

Nothing can now. We will either play Philly if the Vikings win or SF if the Giants win.

Yikes. Not sure who I’d rather play. If Philly had come in hot, I would say San Fran bc I’d rather revenge last years game and play the rookie qb. But San Fran is rolling and Philly hasn’t played good football in a while, so next week might be a good chance to catch them.

I don't care who they play. Beat the teams you play, or lose and go home. If you lose, you didn't earn it. Not that much damn difference these days, anyway. 

Yea sure. But I want 2 playoff wins. So if the order means the diff between 2 wins and 1 win, then it matters. Nfc championship game is where I want to lose.

When we got the 5 seed, the road was always going to be Tampa, Philly, SF on the road. Brutal but that's what we get for blowing big leads twice.

We aren't going to avoid Philly and SF after this. Just a matter of which order you play them.

But i just hope we can beat Tanpa and then see what happens after

Yikes. Not sure who I’d rather play. If Philly had come in hot, I would say San Fran bc I’d rather revenge last years game and play the rookie qb. But San Fran is rolling and Philly hasn’t played good football in a while, so next week might be a good chance to catch them.

There is a zero percent chance they can beat SF. I give them maybe a 20 percent chance of beating Philly and that’s only because Hurts isn’t healthy. Of course, it won’t matter because they are going to lose to Tampa tomorrow night.
  • Like 1

Tampa Bay is a really bad team. Especially offensively. Losing this game would be far more egregious than the loss last year. 

Cowboys have to win this game and play tough ass football to do it. Set the tone for the run

Edited by Hermanator

3 hours ago, Hate said:

There is a zero percent chance they can beat SF. I give them maybe a 20 percent chance of beating Philly and that’s only because Hurts isn’t healthy. Of course, it won’t matter because they are going to lose to Tampa tomorrow night.

I think it's about a 30 to 35 percent chance they could win either game if they win tomorrow. Purdy is going to get SF beaten at some point the way Thompson got Miami beaten late today and Quinn can give him some shit if the defense is up to performing like they have at times this year. 

Cowboys vs Eagles in January is almost always a 50-50 game but the Eagles are better this year if Hurts is at all healthy. We won't know how he is until we see it though. 

8 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Yea sure. But I want 2 playoff wins. So if the order means the diff between 2 wins and 1 win, then it matters. Nfc championship game is where I want to lose.

It doesn't matter. It's not the Cowboys against the other team as much as it is the Cowboys against the Cowboys. Play the way they can play and they can win. Play the way they usually play in big games and the results tend to be familar. They're just as likely to shit the bed against one team as another. They can beat any team they play if they show up and ball. 

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So if cowboys beat Brady on Monday night, they go to 49ers who get an extra day of rest by playing Saturday??

Playoff schedule is stupid...

They could have had to play on a short week vs a team that has been off for two weeks. Goodell fucking sucks goatass. Just stupid for the NFL to do that, with any team.

We won't get home back from Tampa until the early morning hours. SF played a home game and ended about 4:30pm their time. You can point to the Rams last year but they were at home for their MNF game and their opponent Tampa played on Sunday, not Saturday. MNF games are silly as hell in the NFL playoffs. They had it perfect 2 years ago when it was 3 games Sat, 3 on Sun. All day football both days.

Dallas absolutely has to be kicking themselves for losing the Jax and GB games. Their road to the Super Bowl could have been a divisional round game at home against NYG. We own them either home or away. Then let Philly/SF beat up each other and get one of them at home. If we happen to get past Tampa, the next week SF is going to beat us up physically.

At this point, we need to hope we can beat Tampa, then SF and hope NYG beats Philly to get the NFC championship at home. The likelihood of all 3 of those happening? Extremely small.

• Like 1