Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke has reverted back to his shitty play. I get he is still valuable as a blocker but if that is is best asset or gaining short yardage, he is a very expensive fullback now.

It’s gotten so bad I almost feel sorry for him, I find myself rooting for him to have a big or good run just for his mental health at this point. Father Time will get us all and render us all useless at something we were good at and made a living doing; I take no joy in watching him be enfeebled.

I was watching some of the frequently played clips of Maher's missed extra points and it seemed like he might have been looking up a bit too early after making contact. I'd like to see exactly where his eyes were when he was swinging through the ball. It's a bad habit that can creep in, but fixable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I assume he's getting extra reps this week and unless he's shanking them I don't see how you can pull a scrub off the streets and fill them in at this point. The yips can be fleeting or permanent. I'm going with a freak string of bad luck that very fortunately did not matter. He's won us games and made some wild 60+ yard kicks. I'm going to be on edge the first time he comes out this Sunday, but I'm not expecting him to go full shankapotomus again. Man I hope I'm right.

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’d like to get some answers on Diggs. He looked like shit last night. Niners will hammer his ass all day.

this

sure it's been discussed in this thread and my apologies for restating it

last year we lead the league with 26 picks, pats had 23, everyone else not close

diggs had ELEVEN of those 26

this year we are middle of the pack with 17

diggs with 3

there are various recipes for a surprise on sunday, but diggs getting hot (like maher went cold) would really rattle the 9ers

7 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

He called a GREAT game. Dak played great too. Good to see his swagger back. I really enjoyed watching him. Now I want to see home consistency

moore looks good when his receivers catch everything and the defense is 1/1000th of a second late on every other catch, or lets the ball go through their hands 5 times resulting in a catch for us; tampa D beat tampa D from my view

to win sunday he's going to have get creative with a couple of WELL PLANNED jap plays against tendency and not on film plus lots of extra window dressing, slow the game down, and *hope* the O-line can find a way to pave 70 or 80 first half yards on the ground split between zeke and pollard

moore looks good when his receivers catch everything and the defense is 1/1000th of a second late on every other catch, or lets the ball go through their hands 5 times resulting in a catch for us; tampa D beat tampa D from my view
to win sunday he's going to have get creative with a couple of WELL PLANNED jap plays against tendency and not on film plus lots of extra window dressing, slow the game down, and *hope* the O-line can find a way to pave 70 or 80 first half yards on the ground split between zeke and pollard

No disrespect?

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah unless he goes full on mentally nutty during the week he'll be the kicker. If he fucks up again then he'll probably be gone for a guy who has experience that is in the street right now. 

Hopefully Dak gets him another 5 or more TDs to show it. 

The longer they wait, the less time the new kicker has to learn the play book!

I can't believe we're apparently gonna roll with Maher. I don't give a shit if he makes 1,000 out of 1,000 this week in practice, there's a huge difference between doing it on a field in Frisco and doing it in front of 70k fans in San Francisco.

I dunno who's out there, but I am certain there are guys currently sitting at home that can hit their extra points and hit a 45-yarder. IMO, there's very little difference between the 33rd best professional placekicker and the NFL average.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I have reached the part of game week where I start to convince myself that "The 49ers aren't really that good, look at these shithead teams they've been beating"

By Sunday morning I will be fully convinced that Dallas wins by 4 touchdowns.

I think the bush league scheduling by the NFL is gonna fuck us.

The 49ers played at home, on Saturday, don't have any travel this week, and will be on 1 week + 1 day of rest.

The Cowboys meanwhile had to play on Monday night, on the east coast, and will now have to travel to the west coast, and be playing on just 5 days of rest.

That this was allowed to happen this way is an absolute sham.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The 49ers played at home, on Saturday, don't have any travel this week, and will be on 1 week + 1 day of rest.

The Cowboys meanwhile had to play on Monday night, on the east coast, and will now have to travel to the west coast, and be playing on just 5 days of rest.

6 days of rest. 

I don't think it'll be that much difference. This team every year plays on Sunday then turns around and plays on Thanksgiving Thursday. For a long time the 1 and 2 seeds both had byes and 2 weeks rest playing a team coming off 1 week and a ton of times one or both of them didn't make it to the conference title game. 

The physicality of the Niners is a bad matchup for this team, but if getting embarrassed by them at home last year isn't motivation enough to come out and play their most physical game yet to get payback then it's not meant to be. It's up to Dak to play to the level he did on Monday and on Quinn and the defense to make a 7th round rookie look like the shit he's supposed to look like. To do that they have to stop the run and make him have to make plays with all the pressure coming at him the way they did Brady. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

6 days of rest. 

I don't think it'll be that much difference. This team every year plays on Sunday then turns around and plays on Thanksgiving Thursday. For a long time the 1 and 2 seeds both had byes and 2 weeks rest playing a team coming off 1 week and a ton of times one or both of them didn't make it to the conference title game. 

The physicality of the Niners is a bad matchup for this team, but if getting embarrassed by them at home last year isn't motivation enough to come out and play their most physical game yet to get payback then it's not meant to be. It's up to Dak to play to the level he did on Monday and on Quinn and the defense to make a 7th round rookie look like the shit he's supposed to look like. To do that they have to stop the run and make him have to make plays with all the pressure coming at him the way they did Brady. 

Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Thats five full days. The 49ers have 2 extra days of rest no matter how you look at it. And the travel from east coast to west coast vs 49ers not traveling is absolutely an unfair advantage and an issue. The entire reason there is no Monday Night Football for week 18 in the NFL is to avoid this exact situation.

You're wrong, and majorly so.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Thats five full days. And the travel vs 49ers not traveling is absolutely an unfair advantage and an issue. The entire reason there is no Monday Night Football for week 18 in the NFL is to avoid this. 

Fine. Then SF is on 7 days of rest not 8. 

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Thats five full days. And the travel vs 49ers not traveling is absolutely an unfair advantage and an issue. The entire reason there is no Monday Night Football for week 18 in the NFL is to avoid this. 

You count the Sunday as well since they played Monday night and play again Sunday night. SF gets 8 days. They definitely shouldn't do that in the playoffs but teams with more rest get beaten all the time. Cowboys have lost their last 2 playoff games coming off a bye playing at home where their opponent played on the road the week before. 

It's no excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You count the Sunday as well since they played Monday night and play again Sunday night. SF gets 8 days. They definitely shouldn't do that in the playoffs but teams with more rest get beaten all the time. Cowboys have lost their last 2 playoff games coming off a bye playing at home where their opponent played on the road the week before. 

It's no excuse. 

It's 2 extra days of rest for a playoff game with travel thrown on top. You're massively wrong if you think San Fran doesn't have a major advantage.

Besides McCarthy had a chance to sit the majority of his starters for most of the 4th quarter and didn't do it. Knowing he would go on the road next week to play a team who played 2 days before. 

Cowboys have the best QB left in the NFC playoffs. They might have the best overall player left in the NFC playoffs (it's close with Bosa). They're about to play a team having to start a 7th round rookie who has only started a handful of games this season. 

No excuses

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Besides McCarthy had a chance to sit the majority of his starters for most of the 4th quarter and didn't do it. Knowing he would go on the road next week to play a team who played 2 days before. 

Cowboys have the best QB left in the NFC playoffs. They might have the best overall player left in the NFC playoffs (it's close with Bosa). They're about to play a team having to start a 7th round rookie who has only started a handful of games this season. 

No excuses

It's hard to think like this because the Packers with Rodgers/Adams and the best offense in the NFC last year got to play Jimmy G at home. And they scored all of 10pts. SF has proved it doesn't matter who their QB is. Their system, coaching and defense can protect that QB and elevate him way above his actual skill level.

Like I said earlier, the 49ers are better at every single position group across the board. This game will come down to coaching and execution. Does anyone really think Fat Mike is going to out coach Shanahan? I’d really like it to happen as my wife is a very vocal 49ers fan and has been since I’ve known her (25+years). I’d love nothing more than to have bragging rights for a change but I don’t see how it happens. Any give Sunday though, right??

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's hard to think like this because the Packers with Rodgers/Adams and the best offense in the NFC last year got to play Jimmy G at home. And they scored all of 10pts. SF has proved it doesn't matter who their QB is. Their system, coaching and defense can protect that QB and elevate him way above his actual skill level.

Of course they're a good team. They've been a good team for several years now but the reality is they lose every year. They haven't hoisted the trophy. The reason always comes down to their QB. 

This year they have a lesser talent at QB than before. Seattle didn't have the defense, especially against the run, to make him have to beat them under pressure. The Cowboys have to show they do. They have to make it a battle of the QBs. 

I'm not expecting to get near the pressure on Purdy that we kept Brady under all night, but I do think if we can hit his ass a few a times and get him off schedule, the inexperience and playoff pressure will work hugely to our advantage.  That's just common sense, I know, but it's easier said than done.

Ideally, pressuring him into some bad throws that turn into a couple of picks would be just what the doctor ordered.  Then all we need is NY to upset the iggles and boom, we're back in Arlington for a chance at a Super Bowl.

Sounds simple enough to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't convince myself one way or another. They proved that they can be really good if they want, but TB isn't a very good team. I am having serious doubts that boy genius can scheme around SF's defense, and I think that they'll do a ton of quick passes to avoid pressure on Purdy and pick on our injury plagued secondary. I can't get that scenario out of my head as the most likely outcome. And while I really want to believe that Maher has gotten it out of his system, I have a very distinct feeling that if we manage to keep it close, we'll lose on more shanks. This team is just so damn bipolar, have no idea if the team that stunk up the joint against Washington shows up or the team that destroyed Tom Brady's team shows up. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

I have reached the part of game week where I start to convince myself that "The 49ers aren't really that good, look at these shithead teams they've been beating"

By Sunday morning I will be fully convinced that Dallas wins by 4 touchdowns.

I highlighted it above -- yes, the Niners have won 11 straight but it's not exactly like they did against anything other than their shitty divisional opponents and other assorted tomato cans.

00a75a26-0dea-47ea-982f-f6caf9565eae_tex

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

They need to get rid of the MNF playoff game as it can create undue problems. Let the MNF crew have the late Sunday game or something. Anyway, I heard Sturm say this morning the Giants messed up the NFL's thinking on the schedule. (Of course, we all knew the Vikings were nearly as shaky as the Buccaneers coming into the playoffs so ...) If the seedings had held, the Cowboys would've been headed to Philly to face the Eagles, a team that played Sunday rather than Saturday.

Oh well, last season was the first that I can remember when the NFL had a MNF playoff game. The winner of that game? Your world champion LA Rams so you're telling me there's a chance ...

(EDITOR's NOTE: It really doesn't matter because whoever survives the AFC -- Chiefs, Bills or Bengals -- is gonna face-fuck whoever wins the NFC in the Superb Owl.)

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke has reverted back to his shitty play. I get he is still valuable as a blocker but if that is is best asset or gaining short yardage, he is a very expensive fullback now.

What’s important is that the coaches aren’t letting the size of Zeke’s contract keep touches from Pollard. I have no complaints about the offense from the TB game. Let’s keep it rolling and ruin the 9ers year. 

Jake on The Ticket just teased that the Cowboys might be bringing in a kicker to work out with the team this week.
Dan Bailey? Lol. He's available. Don't remember the last time he kicked though and it seemed his accuracy took a dip in his last years. Maher when he's on gives you huge distance and this is usually where he excels the most. Bailey was never that

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 minutes ago, C-Man said:
Jake on The Ticket just teased that the Cowboys might be bringing in a kicker to work out with the team this week.

Dan Bailey? Lol. He's available. Don't remember the last time he kicked though and it seemed his accuracy took a dip in his last years. Maher when he's on gives you huge distance and this is usually where he excels the most. Bailey was never that

Jake said they've signed Tristan Vizcaino, who might've been on their practice squad a few years ago.

Bailey last kicked in 2020, I think, and yes, his accuracy fell off a cliff the last year with the Cowboys and he was never very good with the Vikings.