Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

6 days of rest. 

I don't think it'll be that much difference. This team every year plays on Sunday then turns around and plays on Thanksgiving Thursday. For a long time the 1 and 2 seeds both had byes and 2 weeks rest playing a team coming off 1 week and a ton of times one or both of them didn't make it to the conference title game. 

The physicality of the Niners is a bad matchup for this team, but if getting embarrassed by them at home last year isn't motivation enough to come out and play their most physical game yet to get payback then it's not meant to be. It's up to Dak to play to the level he did on Monday and on Quinn and the defense to make a 7th round rookie look like the shit he's supposed to look like. To do that they have to stop the run and make him have to make plays with all the pressure coming at him the way they did Brady. 

this is a good post and you should feel good for writing it

do or do not

there is no try

13 hours ago, Hate said:

Like I said earlier, the 49ers are better at every single position group across the board. This game will come down to coaching and execution. Does anyone really think Fat Mike is going to out coach Shanahan? I’d really like it to happen as my wife is a very vocal 49ers fan and has been since I’ve known her (25+years). I’d love nothing more than to have bragging rights for a change but I don’t see how it happens. Any give Sunday though, right??

i'm going to do a write-up on our playoff history against SF, but here's the summary

70/71 kezar W

71/72 irving W

72/73 stick W

81/82 stick L

92/93 stick W

93/94 irving W

94/95 stick L

21/22 deathstar L

5-3 overall

2-1 here

3-2 there

last year sucked

the catch sucked

94/95 nfc title game was frazier/ali

we have made magic in 2 stadiums on the peninsula

i'm starting to feel like the pressure is on them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm going to do a write-up on our playoff history against SF, but here's the summary

70/71 kezar W

71/72 irving W

72/73 stick W

81/82 stick L

92/93 stick W

93/94 irving W

94/95 stick L

21/22 deathstar L

5-3 overall

2-1 here

3-2 there

last year sucked

the catch sucked

Kezar Stadium is where Dirty Harry shot Scorpio in the leg. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate the 49'ers, Montana was trying to throw that ball away, fuck Clark and definitely fuck steve young. I hope they play a terrible game and the cowboys mudhole them lol. 

Wrong. That was how the play was practiced. Doesn’t matter. He caught it. Cowboys likely win with a FG if fucking Danny White doesn’t fumble.

Read The Catch by Gary Myers. Little remembered fact. Niners had 6 turnovers and White couldn’t convert to points for shit. Last drive: dumbass Ernie Stautner put Dallas into the prevent with Too Tall and Manstwr on the sidelines. Walsh sliced his ass up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The 94/95 NFC Title game was the one where Dallas had won two straight SBs I believe and was on their way to a third. They started slow, had some turnovers, but were in the process of mounting what would have been one of the greatest comebacks in SB history. Late, go-ahead type drive, Aikman let loose a long pass down the left sideline. The great Deion Sanders had been beaten by Michael Irvin, but was draped all over him, glued onto one arm (Irvin still almost made the catch with his other) and the fucking official failed to make the call. He let them play, so to speak, motherfucker. 

Sanders later acknowledged it was PI. The Cowboys would have won that SB. The following year under Switzer, they got Aikman/Smith's third SB, but it would have been four straight with an honest referee. I always had the feeling that the league wanted someone else in the SB that year.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, PilotsError said:

It was because of the Cowboys and Brady.  When it's Jacksonville Carolina next year it'll back down  

That would be an interesting matchup, especially given the teams' respective Conference alignments.

and the 49er play was absolufuckinglutely PI.

Edited by slorch

The 94/95 NFC Title game was the one where Dallas had won two straight SBs I believe and was on their way to a third. They started slow, had some turnovers, but were in the process of mounting what would have been one of the greatest comebacks in SB history. Late, go-ahead type drive, Aikman let loose a long pass down the left sideline. The great Deion Sanders had been beaten by Michael Irvin, but was draped all over him, glued onto one arm (Irvin still almost made the catch with his other) and the fucking official failed to make the call. He let them play, so to speak, motherfucker. 
Sanders later acknowledged it was PI. The Cowboys would have won that SB. The following year under Switzer, they got Aikman/Smith's third SB, but it would have been four straight with an honest referee. I always had the feeling that the league wanted someone else in the SB that year.

Refs? The league loved that 90’s cowboys team as it was changing the fortunes of the league with the eyeballs it drew and the new contracts. How bout not going down 21-0 in the first quarter? Troy, moose, Emmitt all say this was their favorite game heartbreaking as it was. Three in a row would have been incredible, but assuming four would have been tough. That third ring was chiseled by the loss on the players, not by Switzer.

A friend of mine has two tickets for the division playoff game, Cowboys and Niners, both box seats. He paid $3,000 each. It comes with ride to and from the airport,lunch,dinner and $200.00 bar tab. Also has field passes and gets to meet Dak Prescott. He didn’t realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place... It’s at St. Paul’s church, in Fort Worth at 3pm. Her name is Ashley. She’s 5’4”, about 130 lbs, and a good cook too. She loves to hunt and fish, She’ll be the one in the white dress.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

A friend of mine has two tickets for the division playoff game, Cowboys and Niners, both box seats. He paid $3,000 each. It comes with ride to and from the airport,lunch,dinner and $200.00 bar tab. Also has field passes and gets to meet Dak Prescott. He didn’t realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place... It’s at St. Paul’s church, in Fort Worth at 3pm. Her name is Ashley. She’s 5’4”, about 130 lbs, and a good cook too. She loves to hunt and fish, She’ll be the one in the white dress.

Drum-joke GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

51 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

Will Smith Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

Comparison I saw on Pollard/McCaffery

Pollard - 1007 yds rushing/371 yds rec/ 12 TDs on 248 total rushing attempts + receiving tgts
McCaffrey - 1139 yds rushing/ 741 yds rec/ 13 TDs on 352 total rushing attempts + receiving tgts

PFF Grade:
Pollard - 89.5
McCaffrey - 88.9

Yards:
Pollard - 1007 rush, 371 rec
McCaffrey - 1139 rush, 741 rec

Yards Per Carry:
Pollard - 5.2
McCaffrey - 4.7

Yards Per Reception:
Pollard - 9.5
McCaffrey - 8.7

Touchdowns;
Pollard - 12
McCaffrey - 13

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

70/71 kezar W

71/72 irving W

72/73 stick W

81/82 stick L

92/93 stick W

93/94 irving W

94/95 stick L

21/22 deathstar L

5-3 overall

2-1 here

3-2 there

last year sucked

the catch sucked

The 1972 playoff game was one of the greatest comebacks of all time at that point, when coming back was actually really hard. But you never hear much about that one like they do others that the national media celebrates regularly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anybody arguing Deion wasn't guilty of PI on that play in '94 is just being dishonest, or they're in a clinical-level of denial.  That doesn't mean, by any stretch, that Dallas wins that game if it's called properly.  Would've had an opportunity, but we were down by 10 and there's no way to know if San Fran's offense would've answered that score once the pressure was really on them.  

But it's an all-time blown call because it denied Dallas a chance that they deserved.

I couldn't be more excited for this weekend because I really believe we're gonna bust 'em in the mouth.  I expect it'll be a close game but I think Quinn will find ways to make Purdy's life miserable and as good as SF's defense is, Dallas' offense is one of the best in the league.  Goddamn I can't wait.

If we didn't have this bi-polar thing we do so frequently I'd be even more confident.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How did Maher do in practice last week? I don't think practice is the issue. I guess it's a good sign he is nailing them but game time is much different. He will be the kicker, especially if the guy they brought in only made one more than he missed.

1.PNG

I get that they probably can't be kicking 100s of FG a day, but I would think they might go for more than 12

57 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Anybody arguing Deion wasn't guilty of PI on that play in '94 is just being dishonest, or they're in a clinical-level of denial.  That doesn't mean, by any stretch, that Dallas wins that game if it's called properly.  Would've had an opportunity, but we were down by 10 and there's no way to know if San Fran's offense would've answered that score once the pressure was really on them.  

But it's an all-time blown call because it denied Dallas a chance that they deserved.

I couldn't be more excited for this weekend because I really believe we're gonna bust 'em in the mouth.  I expect it'll be a close game but I think Quinn will find ways to make Purdy's life miserable and as good as SF's defense is, Dallas' offense is one of the best in the league.  Goddamn I can't wait.

If we didn't have this bi-polar thing we do so frequently I'd be even more confident.

Another interesting factoid about that game:  Although replays will have the familiar voices of Pat Summerall and John Madden, the pair were working for Fox Sports instead of their longtime CBS Sports team.  I remember it being kind of shock to hear Summerall plugging the FOX Sunday night lineup of the Simpsons and House of Buggin' instead of 60 minutes.

I am more cautiously optimistic about this game than I was about last year's game.  Last year was just a bad mismatch for Dallas and this year is less so.  The NFC west was a meat grinder last year and the roles are reversed this year. 

Causes for concern:

SF has extra rest days and no cross country travel.

Dallas kicker issues.

Dallas' 2 blown leads and wtf performance against Washington.

Possible over hype of Tampa victory. There were a few blown defensive holding that could have been called on Dallas, inexplicable TB interception that changed the trajectory of the game, lots of Dallas 3rd down conversions that usually only work <50% of the time, and some TB drops.  That game could have been much closer and then who knows what happens.

If Dallas plays mistake free and has success or a stalemate early then I like their chances as long as it does not come down to the kicker.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:41 AM, Hate said:

Like I said earlier, the 49ers are better at every single position group across the board. This game will come down to coaching and execution. Does anyone really think Fat Mike is going to out coach Shanahan? I’d really like it to happen as my wife is a very vocal 49ers fan and has been since I’ve known her (25+years). I’d love nothing more than to have bragging rights for a change but I don’t see how it happens. Any give Sunday though, right??

You need to switch from bragging rights to beej rights.  Then things become worthwhile.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

3A159A20-2845-48C6-A164-5CAFB13965D9.jpeg

This is the funniest joke i've seen about the kicker. Well done.

Also, media doing their usual predictable bullshit when talking about this issue.

Cowboys not bringing in another kicker = how could they not?? We all saw the dude miss four extra points! How irresponsible! What a dumb team!

Cowboys bringing in another kicker to work out = OMG how could they do that?? Maher is already under so much pressure! That won't be good for his confidence! How irresponsible! What a dumb team!

Edited by Pam Cummings

So Philadelphia kicker gets to use visual aid...officials didn't stop it:  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles-kicker-jake-elliott-195507497.html

But Cowboys kicker and holder told they could not use a visual aid by an official:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/19/officials-wouldnt-let-cowboys-use-white-blade-of-grass-for-sightline-for-kicks/

• Hook 'Em 1

Doomed!
326047068_727230255775428_7952307134097434462_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=BKu7BlwcrLsAX-eDmoX&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=00_AfBn6Pt8i7kUFW8LRsWSGmdDB7KFSq1Wj4Yf59RdwRoTFw&oe=63CE2DF5

I don’t understand this at all. I am being objective when I say that SF is better at every single position than Dallas except QB…and even that can be argued. Their coaching staff is better too. What kind of metrics are they using or what kind of weed is that computer smoking?

Edit: someone please tell me what I am missing here?? Or do I just have 27 years of mediocrity holding me down?

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don’t understand this at all. I am being objective when I say that SF is better at every single position than Dallas except QB…and even that can be argued. Their coaching staff is better too. What kind of metrics are they using or what kind of weed is that computer smoking?

ESPN's BPI for all sports I see them do this for is usually highly regarded. I don't have the data to compare their matchup predictions vs final results but plenty of games I see them have teams who are clear underdogs (and Vegas agreed) as being the favorite to win. Can Dallas win? Sure. It's the NFL. But in no way should your matchup predictor have Dallas as the favorite. 

21 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I think San Fran is the better team with the better coach. I don’t see Dallas winning.

to be fair, I didn’t see them beating Tompa Bay either, so… 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I think it comes down to whether they can rattle Purdy, which will require some at least intermittent success against the SF running game.

4 hours ago, DougO said:

The 1972 playoff game was one of the greatest comebacks of all time at that point, when coming back was actually really hard. But you never hear much about that one like they do others that the national media celebrates regularly.

That was an amazingly shitty game until Roger Staubach came in and took off. Thus ended any talk of keeping Craig Morton as a starter. He wouldn't win a Super Bowl for Dallas until the 1977 season, when he was playing for Denver. 😀

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DougO said:

a 2-score deficit in the 70s is a 4-score deficit today

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is the funniest joke i've seen about the kicker. Well done.

Also, media doing their usual predictable bullshit when talking about this issue.

Cowboys not bringing in another kicker = how could they not?? We all saw the dude miss four extra points! How irresponsible! What a dumb team!

Cowboys bringing in another kicker to work out = OMG how could they do that?? Maher is already under so much pressure! That won't be good for his confidence! How irresponsible! What a dumb team!

Another funny layer is all the people wanting Maher replaced regardless of practice because it's not the same as a game, want the replacement picked solely on practice.

6 hours ago, RMac5 said:

7 hours ago, deadshank said:

3A159A20-2845-48C6-A164-5CAFB13965D9.jpeg

Shouldn't that be four Xs?