Free Season money giveaway scoreboard and recap of best of the week

Wulaw Horn

Winners for Kansas State- 2 points off of perfect by the @Huckleberry is @HornsofBevo Congrats- $50.00

n 10/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, HornsofBevo said:

Texas 35

Kittens 28

72 plays

27 yards 

@Mo Horn for $25.00 nailed the total plays from scrimmage run by Kansas State (as did 4 other people) and got closest to the pin with the Long play of the day:

10/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, Mo Horn said:

Texas 35

KSU 20

76 plays

Long is 54

Post of the Week- $25.00 goes to @Enchubben  Thanks a lot for making me feel old buddy.  Your 2012 story had seen me graduated for 13 years, already married and divorced then remarried and just had our 2nd kid.  I have no idea where the time goes.  I had a similar situation, minus the finger blast, in 1998.  

Enchubben

Texas 34

KSU 38

KSU runs 65 plays and longest is 58 yards.

I was at Manhattan I think in 2012 with a bunch of friends, both KSU and Texas alumni. I remember waking to the stadium but then browning out from the copious drinking in their little bar area near campus. 

Anyways, at some point during the game where we were getting the shit beat out of us, my friends began ripping my mccombs shirt off inside the stadium and threw it onto the field. I sat through the rest of the game with no shirt and I’m positive I barfed in the bleachers. Fuck that place.  I did finger a blast a chick later that night in someone’s dorm room though, so I had that going for me which is nice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C'Mon Man said:

I had 34-28 which should be the winner I believe.

You issued by 3 on the Huck system which is what we decided on using. 1 point off on margin is worth 2 points. Plus 1 off for total is 3. He was perfect on margin of game and 2 points off on total score for a deviation of 2 points to your 3. Sort of weird but that’s the way they’ve calculated forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

TCU Prop bet- Combined passing yards was  295.   @Hanrahan won with a guess of 327 combined passing yards.  He was over 100 yards closer than anyone else.  It would be a much more impressive job of prognosticating if the score wasn't 70-3 as the predicted score.  Nevertheless a win is a win is a win.

Game score- $50 @Knoxtnhorn for predicting Texas 24 TCU 21.  It's odd but Huckleberry's system only assigns -20 for picking the wrong team to win This prediction was off 44 points as opposed to the couple TCU 42 Texas 35 scores.   Nobody got this game even close.  

$25.00 Post of the week for @Horn Doggwith the following advice/call out of me.  Alas, none of it was correct until the life lesson in the last sentence:

Texas - 45

TCU - 10

462 passing yards

Fatterson isn’t going to let TCU score very much.  He will bend over and fart out the entire field if he has to.  Bijan and Roschon will pound the shit out of it.

Wulaw, if I didn’t like you I would shoot you a middle finger for your miserable prediction LOL!  You’re not supposed to try and fuck the ugly girl until the party is almost over.

Kansas game prop bet how many UT punting yards:  @Hammerin Hank with the $25.00 win for guessing 0 "because we sore every possession".  We did punt the first possession, it went something like 20 yards, and then we scored again for the rest of the game.

$50- closest to the game score: @Hammerin Hank for going with 58-17 (actual score 55-14).

$25.00- Post of the week @Hammerin Hank for being the only person to ever get both the game and prop bet right.  Add in his description of Texas scoring every possession (and there was a lot of negativity coming into that game) and he's clearly a Warlock.  Who am I to keep a Warlock away from sweep?

Good job man!

Texas v Baylor $25.00 post of the Week- @markstancofor the following:

Total RB yards would have been more fun OP.

Texas 38
Baylor 31

Mustardson for 180. Texas total ground game for 300.

Let's break this down.  Texas Scored 38- check.  Baylor scored 27 so he was only 4 points off there.  Bijan went for 179 (he had 180) and all the RB's yards from scrimmage was 275 (he had 300).  Pretty damn good man.  

$25.00 Prop Bet (total Bijan yards- he went for 179) @Rudy Rutabagawho had 178.  

Game Winner- @Red Five with Texas 37-28.  4 points off perfect (2 margin of victory off exact final score total points).

Good Job Fellas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Winners for the year

$100- @Hammerin Hank (nailed all 3 prizes in the Kansas game)

$75.00- @gmr548(Game win one week, POTW another week); @Red Five hits twice @Rudy Rutabagawho hit 3 times in 3 different weeks!, 

$50.00

@pacman, @Atticus, @40acredropout@Welshy @Hornius Emeritus@Modessit @stc@HornsofBevo @Knoxtnhorn

$25.00

@CoTex,  @Wizlon, @Newy25, @Waterboarder, @hook me@joeycovers@runthebone @Your Mom @Xcalibur@C'Mon Man@EZ$@pearlandhorn @Mo Horn @Enchubben@Hanrahan @Horn Dogg @markstanco

So- that's $1200.00.  WE said we'd give away another $300.00 for the season winners at the end of the year so...

$150.00 Gold Medal- @Hammerin Hank for the only perfect week 

$100.00 Silver Medal @Rudy Rutabagafor scoring 3 different hits in coming in second

$50- Bronze Medal (tie- $25.00 additional to each) @gmr548and @Red Five

Thanks to all who participated.  Thanks especially to @Modessitwho hit 2 times, came incredibly close half a dozen others, and helped me pull out winners many a week.  

• Hook 'Em 5

Attention All Winners:

I need your Venmo information PM'd to me in the next week to get everyone paid.  If you don't want to get paid I'm donating whatever is unclaimed/left over to the Burnt Endz fund with @immamacto disburse as he sees fit to UT football players.  Please don't PM Me- give my money to burnt endz.  If you want it to go to burnt endz say so in this thread.  Or, don't PM me for a week with your venmo and I will send it to BE anyway.  

Thanks to all who played!

We will be doing something for March madness, baseball season, and next football season.  I think we've given away $6 or 8k in cash and prizes so far with Astros playoff tickets and free money contests.  As always, if you or someone you know needs a mortgage I'd love to help.  PM me or call me at 832-557-1095.  Gabe. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

First I would like to thank my wife.  Every weekend she’s got some to do list for me, or some event planned for us to use to strengthen our relationship, but I ignore all that so that I can stare at my phone and try to thing of clever things to type to random strangers.

Next, Wulaw Horn.  When I was nothing, had barely a pot and a window, he recognized my talent, and pulled me from the masses - anointing me as tied for something in week 3.

Finally, I would like to thank the 2022 Texas longhorn football team.  You made it interesting - even when you didn’t have to.

I hereby disclaim my winnings (don’t want to get pushed into a higher tax bracket) and ask Wulaw to use them as he/she/they best sees fit.

Good night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Paying out all winners now.

@Red FivePM me your venmo account- I asked for paypal b/c I'm an idiot and don't have paypal I need Venmo.

Total donated winnings to Burnt Endz of $850.00.  Thanks to all the very generous winners who let us help with that.

See y'all for more maybe in the NCAA tournament free money contest if that looks like it will be fun and we still have a hoops team.  Congrats again to all the winners and thanks again to all who played.

If you need any help with a mortgage (that's what allows us to help plow money back into this site), please PM me or call me at 832-557-1095.  Thanks  Gabe

• Hook 'Em 1