Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass

closetojumping

4 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

I have been listening to the same drivel for the last couple of days. It is almost as if the rubes are wondering if our guys will even show up for the game. I expect this game to be a 7-10 pt game headed to the 4th qtr. I could be talked into that score favoring either team at this point. 

I won't call anyone a rube for predicting a Bama win, and a blowout at that. It all depends on a young, untested OL and a freshman QB. ULM wasn't a test. Bama has 3 elite edge rushers and a steller secondary. Hutson was not impressive in pass-pro in Game 1. Christian Jones ? .... I just haven't a clue what we'll see out of the OL.

I'm not predicting a win or a loss here. I'm simply saying the OL must hold up enough to make offense. If they can do that, there's a chance. If not, it could get as ugly as Saban wants to make it. And I haven't a clue how that shakes out until it does. We have the skill players and QB to move the ball if the OL can pull its weight.

Defense is obviously improved, but the secondary is suspect. Hopefully Jamison can block punts and pick 6 enough to make up for his poor coverage. At least as a unit, the D isn't totally befuddled, taking decent angles and swarming to the ball. Likewise, Bama appears to have some chinks in their OL an inspired DL might be able to exploit. Bryce's ability to make yards with his feet or arm is an added dimension. He's elusive.

I sure hope Banks and Sark had a talk with Worthy about return judgement. Running backwards trying to get the edge or scooping up the ball at the last moment are 1st game, true freshman mistakes that will dig a hole against P5 opponents.

52 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I won't call anyone a rube for predicting a Bama win, and a blowout at that. It all depends on a young, untested OL and a freshman QB. ULM wasn't a test. Bama has 3 elite edge rushers and a steller secondary. Hutson was not impressive in pass-pro in Game 1. Christian Jones ? .... I just haven't a clue what we'll see out of the OL.

I'm not predicting a win or a loss here. I'm simply saying the OL must hold up enough to make offense. If they can do that, there's a chance. If not, it could get as ugly as Saban wants to make it. And I haven't a clue how that shakes out until it does. We have the skill players and QB to move the ball if the OL can pull its weight.

Defense is obviously improved, but the secondary is suspect. Hopefully Jamison can block punts and pick 6 enough to make up for his poor coverage. At least as a unit, the D isn't totally befuddled, taking decent angles and swarming to the ball. Likewise, Bama appears to have some chinks in their OL an inspired DL might be able to exploit. Bryce's ability to make yards with his feet or arm is an added dimension. He's elusive.

I sure hope Banks and Sark had a talk with Worthy about return judgement. Running backwards trying to get the edge or scooping up the ball at the last moment are 1st game, true freshman mistakes that will dig a hole against P5 opponents.

too good to be true disney GIF

10 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

With Bama being the visitor, I assume SEC refs are officiating? If it comes down to the wire, they’ll 100% try to screw us over.

5 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Can't be any worse than the screwing B12 refs regularly give us.

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Not sure I trust Big 12 refs any more, tbh. 

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Here’s how this works people:

rule 1: Refs will always favor their home conference, so SEC refs will screw us

rule 2: but the exception is big 12 refs, who will always screw us and help OU. 

rule 3: unless it’s a down year for OU in which case big 12 refs will screw us and OU.

rule 4: unless we are playing OU, in which case see rule 2. 

lot of ins, lot of outs, lot of what have you’s

• Like 2

Clearest message I ever saw sent was to Navy and Roger Staubach in the '64 Cotton Bowl game. Lotta talk by sports writers about how Texas was all tall skinny guys with no real strength and how Navy was going to show errbody what a real football team looked like. We literally beat the living shit out of them - I think the final was 28-7.

I was part of a big group waiting outside the locker rooms to hail the victors. The Navy guys coming out of their side, wow, not a one of 'em didn't have split lip, busted nose, black eye.

Message sent, message received.

Let's do that again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've enjoyed all of the comments. I've said it often, but I don't know whether I am more entertained when people get the jokes, or when they don't. Some of the younger/newer posters misreading some of this has made me laugh.

Anyway, one thing that is fucking absurd to me, albeit predictable, is how absolutely slanted the outlook for this game is from the commentators all day long on XM 84. The primary point when this game is discussed so far this week is "can Texas keep this close in the first half?" I get that Bama is viewed as the chalk pick to win it all, but just the general assumption that Texas is going to get outright blown out at home, like not even in a shit-talking or condescending way, just presumptively, is pretty awesome. Maybe that happens and they're justified, but I don't see it. 

Bruh.....majority of the media still see Texas as the "Texas teams" from the ou vs. Mack years, were we simply were folded up like a lawn chair before halftime. 

Last year's pig game just rekindled those memories. 

In the Gumps' non-airconditioned locker room, let's not forget.

It’s going to be 95 Saturday. The non air conditioned locker rooms for Alabama with no air flow will be well above 85 game time. It will be an absolute sauna in there. This doesn’t bode well for them. Lsu should have told them to cancel because of the lack of AC units installed and working in the visitor locker rooms.

Margs with breakfast

take large dose edible

walk into DKR

hit one hitter in bathroom

chug an overpriced beer 5 mins before kickoff

mudhole the sisterfucking buttdumplings

leave dkr on a cloud of elation with a problematic erection

smoke more weed

watch aggy lose to app st

Pretty nice little Saturday  

will ferrell frank the tank GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I have hope, albeit it slight hope.

-a&m beat them with a QB that can't start at Auburn

-11am sucks, but it's 10am to them. We've sucked bad enough that we've played more games then they have in this time slot

-Patterson is the x factor. If all he was brought in to do was come up with game plans for Bama, OU, and Baylor then it's money well spent. 

-Texas had no business playing LSU as close as they did in 2019 but they did. We were told that the LSU defense was a strong point and it wasn't. Hoping the Bama defense has a shit game. Our roster today is better than that roster, does Ewers have enough moxy? 

I'm talking myself into Texas covering the spread in one of two ways. 1)being able to stay with them or 2)getting beaten soundly enough that Bama has to call the dogs off and Texas backdoor covers. 

I just can't see Texas losing by 20 unless Card has to come in. 

18 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Clearest message I ever saw sent was to Navy and Roger Staubach in the '64 Cotton Bowl game. Lotta talk by sports writers about how Texas was all tall skinny guys with no real strength and how Navy was going to show errbody what a real football team looked like. We literally beat the living shit out of them - I think the final was 28-7.

I was part of a big group waiting outside the locker rooms to hail the victors. The Navy guys coming out of their side, wow, not a one of 'em didn't have split lip, busted nose, black eye.

Message sent, message received.

Let's do that again.

style-dude.gif

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Where's Gia?

Y'all acting like never seen a signer before. She's telling you that Patterson's also had some advice for Marion. Expect Bijan and Rojo in the 2 RB same side setting. 

Edited by Tex Long
Cant tipe gud