Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass

closetojumping

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The mudholes are always meant to be fun, but I feel like I was right in having watched them against Utah State, who just got blown out at home by Weber State, and viewing their position groups for what they are. That WR corps will scare no one and the same is true for TE. Teams will key Gibbs and spy Young and they’re in trouble. The DL is, for an Alabama team, just okay. 

Dallas Turner is a piece of human shit and I will be rooting for bad things to happen to that guy for the rest of my life. If he has a knee injury that leads to an amputation just before heading to the draft, I will cackle and revel in the cosmic justice. He intentionally injured Ewers and then did nothing all day but talk shit to the fans and to Texas players. Fuck that guy, his family, his offspring and his friends. 

Face Smile GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The mudholes are always meant to be fun, but I feel like I was right in having watched them against Utah State, who just got blown out at home by Weber State, and viewing their position groups for what they are. That WR corps will scare no one and the same is true for TE. Teams will key Gibbs and spy Young and they’re in trouble. The DL is, for an Alabama team, just okay. 

Dallas Turner is a piece of human shit and I will be rooting for bad things to happen to that guy for the rest of my life. If he has a knee injury that leads to an amputation just before heading to the draft, I will cackle and revel in the cosmic justice. He intentionally injured Ewers and then did nothing all day but talk shit to the fans and to Texas players. Fuck that guy, his family, his offspring and his friends. 

Yeah, bama wasn't able to test Texas deep.  Their WRs are not nearly as talented as past years.  The Bama CBs and OL need a lot of work.

BoB is their real Achilles heel...  St. Nick has a lot of work ahead of him to get his team to the CFP finals.

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, bama wasn't able to test Texas deep.  Their WRs are not nearly as talented as past years.  The Bama CBs and OL need a lot of work.

BoB is their real Achilles heel...  St. Nick has a lot of work ahead of him to get his team to the CFP finals.

meh, they play in the SEC, the most overrated conference built on a mountain of hype.   Wil Anderson was pretty good but not nearly the hype that we heard.  Bryce Young is a product of the hype.  Joel Klatt even fell for it, calling him the best QB to ever play. 

Towards the end of the game, the officials were ignoring false starts, facemasks, holding, helmets flying off the player, fuck they weren't even pretending to be legit.   Bryce's shin was down, then his forearm, and still the officials refused to call him down in the endzone because that would have been embarrassing for alabama to give up a safety.  

Dirty ass program.  

We would have curb stomped them again had it not been for them trying to injure our QB that was clowning them.  Again.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

In spite of all that, we should've won with Card. We definitely win with Ewers.

I mentioned previously that I think we win 20.5 with healthy Ewers, but didn't mention that I thonk we also win easily with healthy Card.  He played well until his ankle got gimped.  Heroic effort on his gimp run.

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

Bryce's shin was down, then his forearm, and still the officials refused to call him down in the endzone

Watching on tv with replay - looked to me like he released the ball without going down.  Refs did best they could with replay to rectify a horrendous on the field call.  They apparently weren't able to rule on a tipped ball rolling out the end zone/sideline.

13 hours ago, bernorange said:

I mentioned previously that I think we win 20.5 with healthy Ewers, but didn't mention that I thonk we also win easily with healthy Card.  He played well until his ankle got gimped.  Heroic effort on his gimp run.

Watching on tv with replay - looked to me like he released the ball without going down.  Refs did best they could with replay to rectify a horrendous on the field call.  They apparently weren't able to rule on a tipped ball rolling out the end zone/sideline.

His shin was down before he rolled over the Texas (Sweat) player, then his arm (hand) was down when he attempted to throw the ball.   Officials had two chances to review that he was down 2x and chose to see how they could penalize Texas instead for 2 made up calls (late hit, targeting) which were way off. 

This is like them reviewing the play where the receiver (OUsux's Woods?) went out of bounds on his own, then came back in for an illegal touching, and they tried to see if they could find a way to penalize Texas.  

Ask yourself this, if the uniforms were reversed, do you think the ref's would call it an incomplete pass?

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

His shin was down before he rolled over the Texas (Sweat) player, then his arm (hand) was down when he attempted to throw the ball.   Officials had two chances to review that he was down 2x and chose to see how they could penalize Texas instead for 2 made up calls (late hit, targeting) which were way off. 

This is like them reviewing the play where the receiver (OUsux's Woods?) went out of bounds on his own, then came back in for an illegal touching, and they tried to see if they could find a way to penalize Texas.  

Ask yourself this, if the uniforms were reversed, do you think the ref's would call it an incomplete pass?

Could Sark have called a time out and challenged if he was down even after the targeting review?

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Could Sark have called a time out and challenged if he was down even after the targeting review?

• 7 months later...

It sounds like the QB situation at Alabama is still piss, and Nick may be scouring the portal once again for help after the spring game.

Yes, Saban said Milroe and Simpson had a better understanding of the offense having been in it for more than a year. Plus, they've had a lot of reps in practice.

But he also said, "Everybody needs to ask themselves: Are they playing winning football?" And the coach added that those evaluations are ongoing.

Milroe threw for two touchdowns and ran for one score, but he also competed barely higher than 50% of his passes (19 of 37).

Simpson, who rushed for 58 yards on six carries, was a paltry 12-of-26 passing with no touchdowns.

"We've tried to build this program here with the guys that we recruit and the people in the program," Saban said, "but we have had a few guys that have come in and made real impacts on the team, and if we see an opportunity to do that, we're always looking for a way to make our team better."

It sounds like the QB situation at Alabama is still piss, and Nick may be scouring the portal once again for help after the spring game.

Yes, Saban said Milroe and Simpson had a better understanding of the offense having been in it for more than a year. Plus, they've had a lot of reps in practice.

But he also said, "Everybody needs to ask themselves: Are they playing winning football?" And the coach added that those evaluations are ongoing.

Milroe threw for two touchdowns and ran for one score, but he also competed barely higher than 50% of his passes (19 of 37).

Simpson, who rushed for 58 yards on six carries, was a paltry 12-of-26 passing with no touchdowns.

"We've tried to build this program here with the guys that we recruit and the people in the program," Saban said, "but we have had a few guys that have come in and made real impacts on the team, and if we see an opportunity to do that, we're always looking for a way to make our team better."

He knows the QB room is good enough to skate by most of their schedule, but probably title contending vs a team that can lockdown cover and good at containing the QB. He's getting too old for patience and wants to retire with at least one more ring on his fingers. I could see Maalik being an option for a full court press to entice him into the portal, but I don't think it will be Saban. I'd wager he wants game proven experience at minimum and MM can only offer a cannon arm and potential in all other areas...not exactly plug and play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, ousux said:

He knows the QB room is good enough to skate by most of their schedule, but probably title contending vs a team that can lockdown cover and good at containing the QB. He's getting too old for patience and wants to retire with at least one more ring on his fingers. I could see Maalik being an option for a full court press to entice him into the portal, but I don't think it will be Saban. I'd wager he wants game proven experience at minimum and MM can only offer a cannon arm and potential in all other areas...not exactly plug and play.

So this offseason we have gone from Maalik being injured and never throwing a college pass to being recruited to the portal by Bama. Impressive even by Surly standards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So this offseason we have gone from Maalik being injured and never throwing a college pass to being recruited to the portal by Bama. Impressive even by Surly standards.
I said I don't think Bama will give serious consideration to tampering with Maalik in spite of having a questionable QB room. Your reading comprehensive is by far the most impressive thing, surly standards or otherwise

Saban always shits on his team pre-season to the same extent that we heap unearned praise on ours.  Then he goes out and wins championships with guys like Jake Coker, Greg McElroy, and Mac Jones while we… umm.. don’t..  I’m guessing he figures something out and keeps it respectable again this year.  

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Saban always shits on his team pre-season to the same extent that we heap unearned praise on ours.  Then he goes out and wins championships with guys like Jake Coker, Greg McElroy, and Mac Jones while we… umm.. don’t..  I’m guessing he figures something out and keeps it respectable again this year.  

This.

7 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

They can’t win/run an offense with a functional passing game with Milroe. I’d say Saban knows his football and understands this. 

He’s pretty careful about not being publicly vilified, so he’s not going to recruit Drake Maye into the portal. He’ll go a more low key route, but I think he’ll land a pretty good QB. 

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They can’t win/run an offense with a functional passing game with Milroe. I’d say Saban knows his football and understands this. 

He’s pretty careful about not being publicly vilified, so he’s not going to recruit Drake Maye into the portal. He’ll go a more low key route, but I think he’ll land a pretty good QB. 

Um, he already tried to recruit Drake Maye into the portal and failed.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Is @closetojumping or one of his minions /s. Going to write a mudhole post this week or should I? No promises it will be entertaining but I am up to the challenge. 

I've pondered it. After watching the OL and Ewers on Saturday, I'm not feeling confident whatsoever, otherwise I'd already have posted one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've pondered it. After watching the OL and Ewers on Saturday, I'm not feeling confident whatsoever, otherwise I'd already have posted one.

I feel that but I woke up Sunday ready to run through a brick wall. Ready for the neg train if 7 win Sark shows his true colors once again. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

All summer long I was pretty sure Texas was going to beat Bama and I was going to be there for it.  That confidence dissipated completely by about 3:45 on Saturday. 

That being said all 4 quadrants are in play this week: Texas little, Texas big, bama little, bama big.  

I'd put it at 15% bama gets us by double digits, 50% they get us by single digits, 25% we get them by single digits, 10% we get them by double digits.  That's what Vegas is telling us with the line and money line and over under as well. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

All summer long I was pretty sure Texas was going to beat Bama and I was going to be there for it.  That confidence dissipated completely by about 3:45 on Saturday. 
That being said all 4 quadrants are in play this week: Texas little, Texas big, bama little, bama big.  
I'd put it at 15% bama gets us by double digits, 50% they get us by single digits, 25% we get them by single digits, 10% we get them by double digits.  That's what Vegas is telling us with the line and money line and over under as well. 

I expect Alabama to win but I think the only outcome that would really, truly shock me is if Texas went out and won by virtue of rushing for like 200+ yards, playing ball control, and wearing the Bama defense down.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I expect Alabama to win but I think the only outcome that would really, truly shock me is if Texas went out and won by virtue of rushing for like 200+ yards, playing ball control, and wearing the Bama defense down.

Sure. I think that’s literally impossible because we won’t even try. 
the recipe for Texas big is not a deep shot or two down the field, clamp down on Milroe, turn him into a passer and watch him become a turnover factory. It’s plausible if not particularly likely. They have a low floor (for them) with Milroe at QB, and good but not great skill position talent and a like that’s young but not particularly good. 

Sure. I think that’s literally impossible because we won’t even try. 
the recipe for Texas big is not a deep shot or two down the field, clamp down on Milroe, turn him into a passer and watch him become a turnover factory. It’s plausible if not particularly likely. They have a low floor (for them) with Milroe at QB, and good but not great skill position talent and a like that’s young but not particularly good. 

I tend to think Texas winning big by blowing the game irreversibly open with turnovers, blocked kicks/punts, and deep shots is more likely than winning a close game. I just have next to zero faith that one of the coach, quarterback, or O line doesn’t cost Texas if it’s close.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I tend to think Texas winning big by blowing the game irreversibly open with turnovers, blocked kicks/punts, and deep shots is more likely than winning a close game. I just have next to zero faith that one of the coach, quarterback, or O line doesn’t cost Texas if it’s close.

Don't leave out the zebras.