Oath Keepers Membership List Leaked

atomheartbevo

The ADL is doing some great work, as usual.

https://www.adl.org/resources/report/oath-keepers-data-leak-unmasking-extremism-public-life

https://apnews.com/article/oath-keepers-leaked-membership-rolls-2ca4195ed3a10e45dd189bf98f3e5a26

The names of hundreds of U.S. law enforcement officers, elected officials and military members appear on the leaked membership rolls of a far-right extremist group that’s accused of playing a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a report released Wednesday. 

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military. 

It also identified more than 80 people who were running for or served in public office as of early August. The membership information was compiled into a database published by the transparency collective Distributed Denial of Secrets.

Even for those who claimed to have left the organization when it began to employ more aggressive tactics in 2014, it is important to remember that the Oath Keepers have espoused extremism since their founding, and this fact was not enough to deter these individuals from signing up,” the report says. 

Appearing in the Oath Keepers’ database doesn’t prove that a person was ever an active member of the group or shares its ideology. Some people on the list contacted by The Associated Press said they were briefly members years ago and are no longer affiliated with the group. Some said they were never dues-paying members.

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

Their views are far too extreme for me,” said Shawn Mobley, sheriff of Otero County, Colorado. Mobley told the AP in an email that he distanced himself from the Oath Keepers years ago over concerns about its involvement in the standoff against the federal government at Bundy Ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, among other things.

Among the elected officials whose name appears on the membership lists is South Dakota state Rep. Phil Jensen, who won a June Republican primary in his bid for reelection. Jensen told the AP he paid for a one-year membership in 2014 but never received any Oath Keepers’ literature, attended any meetings or renewed his membership.

Jensen said he felt compelled to join because he “believed in the oath that we took to support the US Constitution and to defend it against enemies foreign and domestic.” He wouldn’t say whether he now disavows the Oath Keepers, saying he doesn’t have enough information about the group today. 

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

“Back in 2014, they appeared to be a pretty solid conservative group, I can’t speak to them now,” he said. 

ADL said it found the names of at least 10 people who now work as police chiefs and 11 sheriffs. All of the police chiefs and sheriffs who responded to the AP said they no longer have any ties to the group.

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Just give me the name of one Oath-keeper, I have excellent networking skills. 

Prove it.

"Joe Wright, a constable in Collin County, Texas, signed up for the organization before taking office, writing, “Constable elect for Collin County Pct. 4 Constable’s office. Currently a Collin County deputy sheriff [sic].” Wright remains Constable in Collin County."

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, YGIFS said:

it was a spoof of Samir from "Office Space" about money laundering.  

But movie quotes aside, how do you know Constable Wright was an Oathkeeper?  Nobody can see the list yet.

I read the article - https://www.adl.org/resources/report/oath-keepers-data-leak-unmasking-extremism-public-life

image.png.017f64ff153f3e7d2a299e21598e0973.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is there some handy guide to the differences between all these like Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, III Percenters?

I've actually seen trucks with the III Percenter stickers on them. Are they in the same ballpark as the others? 

I don't know the answer to that, but anecdotally I see more III Percenter stickers in my area than anything else.  It makes me think bad thoughts about what I wish would happen to the occupants.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Can a member of the armed forces get dishonorably discharged for being a member?

If yes, why not done?

If no, why the hell not?

I think you would have to prove they are adverse to the US govt. Literature/docs saying their stated goal is overthrowing the US govt, that sort of thing. I doubt their members participating in J6 would be enough. 

12 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I doubt their members participating in J6 would be enough. 

I would hope any active duty personnel who actually breached the Capitol would be discharged, pronto.  Maybe not if they were just part of the outside protest, assuming no violent behavior.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would hope any active duty personnel who actually breached the Capitol would be discharged, pronto.  Maybe not if they were just part of the outside protest, assuming no violent behavior.

Yes, anyone participating should be charged and punished. What I meant was that member of the oath keepers participating in j6 doesn’t necessarily mean the oath keepers as an entity is guilty of wanting to overthrow the govt. Some private in Kentucky joining for a cool sticker for his truck and patch for his jacket based on their literature wouldn’t be guilty of anything if their stated goal is to uphold their oath to the constitution. You would have to prove they knew they were joining a group adverse to the US govt. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yes, anyone participating should be charged and punished. What I meant was that member of the oath keepers participating in j6 doesn’t necessarily mean the oath keepers as an entity is guilty of wanting to overthrow the govt. Some private in Kentucky joining for a cool sticker for his truck and patch for his jacket based on their literature wouldn’t be guilty of anything if their stated goal is to uphold their oath to the constitution. You would have to prove they knew they were joining a group adverse to the US govt. 

Do you have to prove all that for an undesirable discharge?

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Do it.gif

I want to see the full list just so I'm aware of how many wingnuts there are in my area - and I'm sure there are a handful.

After the Proud Boys roundup in my neighborhood I'm sure a ton of all these losers live around me

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That database needs to be made public pronto. 

And if there are business owners that are members I want to make sure I don't spend $.01 on anything they have to do with.  Their shit needs to be put on blast.

I want to see the full list just so I'm aware of how many wingnuts there are in my area - and I'm sure there are a handful.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Just give me the name of one Oath-keeper, I have excellent networking skills. 

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Is the full list published somewhere and searchable?

https://ddosecrets.com/wiki/Oath_Keepers
Note: Torrent download from the original hacktivists (i.e., the download is provided by hackers; caveat emptor.)

• Hook 'Em 2

Well this is odd, Commissioner Rogers from Indiana called a special meeting of the Finance Committee.  Unannounced, for midday today.  Just so happens to be from 10:30-1:30p---whatever fucking timezone Indiana is during DST.  How odd, an hour after this article is posted?  574-534-3541

And here's the ADL mailer I got an hour or so ago (yeah, I'm part Jewish---fight me!):

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is there some handy guide to the differences between all these like Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, III Percenters?

I've actually seen trucks with the III Percenter stickers on them. Are they in the same ballpark as the others? 

Huh-huh, huh-huh. You said “handy.”

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

I don't want to diminish the threat of these sorts of groups, but I laughed at this:

"In its early years, the militia movement heavily focused on paramilitary activities, which left much less of a role to play for people who found it physically, geographically or otherwise difficult or uninviting to be involved in paramilitary trainings or exercises."

Followed by:

image.png.27fdb460151041eaa4936c123ad77762.png

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I have seen one 3 percenter sticker on a contractors truck at my neighbors.  Really fat guy. I assumed it was the percentage of his arteries that remain unblocked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Do you have to prove all that for an undesirable discharge?

If oath keepers were recognized as a terrorist organization or something similar, it would be a slam dunk. As it is, you would have to prove direct participation of the individual in something against the govt since the entity isn’t recognized as something a service member can’t join. Plenty of BLM people did sketchy stuff after Floyd, but we aren’t painting the entire org as something criminal. The army’s definition for extremist groups is

Extremist organizations and activities are ones that advocate racial, gender, or ethnic hatred or intolerance; advocate, create, or engage in illegal discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, or national origin, or advocate the use of or use force or violence or unlawful means to deprive individuals of their rights under the United States Constitution or the laws of the United States, or any State, by unlawful means.

Until someone pins the tail on the donkey, the entity won’t be guilty because of the actions of some of its members. 

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Lol, yeah.

Southern Baptists are some of the biggest pieces of human shit out there. 

Racist, pro-slavery, hypocritical pieces of shit. 

Sorry. Just my opinion. 

My neighbor is Southern Baptist and was telling me this (en masse child rape) is way different than the Roman Catholic church.  He believes all this happened to these kids in the last few decades, especially in Texas.  But that it's not the same because the RCC moved priests around and hid things while the Southern Baptist church has no centralized leadership, and there was no widespread, concerted effort to protect these clergy and stifle the reports from the youth and their families.  And that no outsiders understand the church structure autonomy and therefore cannot condemn/judge the entire flock.

And I couldn't help by laugh and think, "Your defense against kiddie rape is your fucking org chart?"  That's what you're going with?  Sure, lotta rape and suffering and suicides, but at least we don't have a centralized filing cabinet with proof.  

At least the RCC has the Jesuits.  The SBC has the rapists.  Oh sorry, therapists.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Lol, yeah.

Southern Baptists are some of the biggest pieces of human shit out there. 

Racist, pro-slavery, hypocritical pieces of shit. 

Sorry. Just my opinion. 

arguable. 

it's pretty much fact.

37 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

If oath keepers were recognized as a terrorist organization or something similar, it would be a slam dunk. As it is, you would have to prove direct participation of the individual in something against the govt since the entity isn’t recognized as something a service member can’t join. Plenty of BLM people did sketchy stuff after Floyd, but we aren’t painting the entire org as something criminal. The army’s definition for extremist groups is

Until someone pins the tail on the donkey, the entity won’t be guilty because of the actions of some of its members. 

Can we at least order a Code Red?