Concession of SEC to aggy

BevoSwag

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Would be so “aggy” to avoid us these years when we’ve been shitty only to restart the rivalry as we return to prominence.

"Stupid sip. All you have to do is look at post 80's, [mumbles] past 00's [quietly], and '10s once a we's a joined the roughest toughest conference in the land and our records is basically the same!!1!"

/s Some aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Interesting read about Greg Sankey but this one paragraph caught my eye.

(One apparent concession to A&M not standing in the way of Texas’s arrival in the league: Bjork says the first football game in the resumption of the Longhorns-Aggies rivalry will be in College Station, not Austin.)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/09/06/sec-commissioner-greg-sankey-leads-way-college-sports-daily-cover

Sankey should stop yankey his wankey. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Now defend playing an FCS team every year and the last 20 years of their non-con. Good for them figuring out that they're going to need to play up in the future, along with a cherished FCS match-up, of course. 

Since 1966 Texas has played Rice 43 times. Rice, enrollment 4,076, has won exactly one of those games. Glad you were able to keep that cherished rivalry going for so long. With an annual rival like Rice, who needs FCS schools?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 44

15 minutes ago, Zinhead said:

Since 1966 Texas has played Rice 43 times. Rice, enrollment 4,076, has won exactly one of those games. Glad you were able to keep that cherished rivalry going for so long. With an annual rival like Rice, who needs FCS schools?

state your affiliation, aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

For 30 of the 43 games we we’re in the same goddamn conference with them and so was A&M. You really didn’t think this dunk through buddy.

I was just wondering the other day why it is Rice doesn’t take the football seriously. They have money. Why don’t they care? What’s wrong with Rice? 

Before I opened this thread, I didn’t care about how or where the games picked back up. 

but now that they are publicly claiming they negotiated the start in CS, I want it to be in Austin. And, it should also be publicly announced that since that concession couldn’t be granted,  the request that is being accommodated is that they to go into a bracket where they didn’t have to play alabama or Texas every year. 

39 minutes ago, Zinhead said:

BTW, this is a motherfucker worthy of a crowdsourcing before he slinks off somewhere like the Cloak Room and garners enough rep to where his bullshit has to be tolerated. He’s an SEC apologist attempting to equivocate about playing a long time conference opponent compared to Florida’s dickless scheduling since Spurrier. He’s showing the board who he is. Fuck these SEC apologist rubes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Didn’t Dave South pass away a couple years ago? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else. I know the notable Auburn radio announcer died a couple years back 

That was Kern Tips you are thinking about, I believe.

Voice of the Southwest Conference

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus, aggy is like a small child.  You have to cut their sandwich into two pieces so they got more sandwich than Texas got or they'll throw a tantrum.

No Johnny we won’t tell Texas they can’t come over for dinner with mommy and daddy, but you can pick whether you have chicken nuggets or fish sticks for your dinner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zinhead said:

I suppose if FCS schools weren't in po-dunk towns instead of the most talent rich city for college athletes, we might opt for those. But NOoooooo!  

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

BTW, this is a motherfucker worthy of a crowdsourcing before he slinks off somewhere like the Cloak Room and garners enough rep to where his bullshit has to be tolerated. He’s an SEC apologist attempting to equivocate about playing a long time conference opponent compared to Florida’s dickless scheduling since Spurrier. He’s showing the board who he is. Fuck these SEC apologist rubes. 

abbi jacobson lets do it GIF by Broad City

You worked a glory hole 43 times since last week. Took the full load in your mouth all but once. Put it on the wall.

• Haha 3

Precisely. Why play lower division schools? There are tons of FBS schools in Texas who are not exactly juggernauts. No reason to stoop to FCS, that would be pathetically cowardly. Who would do that?

6 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Interesting read about Greg Sankey but this one paragraph caught my eye.

(One apparent concession to A&M not standing in the way of Texas’s arrival in the league: Bjork says the first football game in the resumption of the Longhorns-Aggies rivalry will be in College Station, not Austin.)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/09/06/sec-commissioner-greg-sankey-leads-way-college-sports-daily-cover

5DAFC48E-02FB-4469-B05E-77AF16A346B9.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

To be fair, we employed Steve Patterson.

All that Taco-Bell-Gigatron, Jetpack-dude-kitcsh and he couldn't even serve us up a home-and-home with ASU, whom he bolted for Bellmont, where we could have at least scored an OOC Tempe tour of Sun Devil lass-ass.

Edit:  After the 2007 Holiday Bowl (one of the more fun ones under Mack), how the fuck were we left with a home-home with Berkeley and not ASU?

Edited by Gravy Train

3 hours ago, Viper said:

C'mon 

We need the best and brightest of our CS majors to figure out how to hack into their stadium network and play that video on repeat in the tacklebox until they have to make the entire scoreboard go dark. Password is probably I_Luv_Ewe

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zinhead said:

Whoop! That’s the spirit. The spirit of aggyland. Always an excuse. Always equivocation. Just never any championships. 

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Assuming that we will have Arkansas and A&M at home in alternating years since OU is a neutral site game, we are either going to have to play two in a row in College Station or in Fayetteville. So what difference does it make? Congrats to Arkansas for not being petty enough to give a shit.

i forgot, what was the SEC's 'guarantees' on the ou game ?

also, Dinesh Patel has rooms blocked out for UT and ready to go. with a free breakfast 

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

I've never been to B/CS.  I guess I got close once when we went to Messina Hof like 25 years ago but I've never set foot in that pit.  My goal is to make it to he grave before going to College Station or Pyle Field.   

Been twice. First time was in '83 when McIvor & the Horns went off on aggy 45-13. The second was for a Penders-era hoops game. Walked into G. Rollie White with my GF at the time, and sat in the middle of the most unpleasant bunch of old aggy fucks who gave us threatening looks and talked shit the entire time just because, you know, we dared to be rooting for Texas. Couldn't tell if they were more pissed about us being Texas students or because I was a white boy with a Hispanic girl. Probably a bit of both. Don't care. We won big.

Once shoulda been enough, but twice was definitely too much. Ain't going back to that backwards-ass hillybilly Twilight Zone shithole ever again. /csb

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 4