The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II

956 Worldwide

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The Queen is dead. Long live the king. God bless Queen Elizabeth. I wonder what regnal name Charles will choose. I’d choose George VII to honor the history of that great name. I look forward to seeing Charles’ coronation. The coronation of the British monarch is one of the most beautiful ceremonies in the world with deep meaning if you’re a Christian, especially Anglican. Fuck the monarchy haters on this board. The British love the institution. It is one of the few institutions remaining imbued with history, faith, beauty and mystery. The people’s love their monarch as the embodiment of their nation is beautiful and something that people who live in republics miss out on. 

Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax…

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well….this is gonna be a weird week. Currently on the trial from London to Glasgow. No reaction from passengers, my wife got the news first and passed it down the line to us (we’d spread out to nap).
There’s a whole super-ritualized mourning process, right? @GOLL will be able to tell us. Will see how the Scots address things; she died just up the road.
We’ll be back in London for a day next week, will see what’s up there then, too.
She was a tough old gal, and a huge piece of history in her own right. And I say that as someone who hates royals and thinks they should all be beheaded.

Nice cover story. We all know you killed her. I hope you’re proud of yourself sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The Queen is dead. Long live the king. God bless Queen Elizabeth. I wonder what regnal name Charles will choose. I’d choose George VII to honor the history of that great name. I look forward to seeing Charles’ coronation. The coronation of the British monarch is one of the most beautiful ceremonies in the world with deep meaning if you’re a Christian, especially Anglican. Fuck the monarchy haters on this board. The British love the institution. It is one of the few institutions remaining imbued with history, faith, beauty and mystery. The people’s love their monarch as the embodiment of their nation is beautiful and something that people who live in republics miss out on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So is there anyone that assumes the duties of the monarch until charles’ coronation/ascension?

I think a Duke (of Norfolk?) takes on some sort of ministerial role, at least until tomorrow morning when Charles is officially pronounced as king. I think the transfer is technically immediate, but they just assume the new monarch might not be immediately available if something comes up so they have a Duke around for that.

The Brits should put her head on a spike along with all the surviving royals and declare a republic.

Charles is reportedly a Muslim convert so he’ll declare a caliphate. Or Wilhelm will ascend and reassert their Germanic heritage. He’s reportedly the antiChrist by many. He is the confluence of a bunch of Merovingian bloodlines.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What a great photo showing the sadness of the passing of their beloved monarch. That love, joy and sadness the people feel from the life events of their sovereign is beautiful.

That photo looks exactly like every commuter train looks like at any random moment, but with a black and white filter. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II