The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II

956 Worldwide

I've had it a number of times and every time it was a let down. Pretty much everything I've eaten in the U.K. that wasn't ethnic food was bad.

Meat pies, sausage rolls, hundreds of local cheeses, fish and chips, shepherds pie, etc. There is a lot of good native food in the UK.

I love a full English breakfast but of course it pales in comparison to the breakfast taco which sits atop the throne.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, F250 said:

I've had it a number of times and every time it was a let down. Pretty much everything I've eaten in the U.K. that wasn't ethnic food was bad.

The issue is that you can get a lot of shit English food, but good quality English food is really amazing.  Many of my most memorable meals were in the UK.

A full Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding and goose fat roasted potatoes is one of the world’s most glorious meals. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The issue is that you can get a lot of shit English food, but good quality English food is really amazing.  Many of my most memorable meals were in the UK.

A full Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding and goose fat roasted potatoes is one of the world’s most glorious meals. 

This is correct.  

interesting contrast in body language between the two couples next to each other...Harry and Meghan can't keep their hands off each other, all the little touches and pats and holding hands, very affectionate. William and Kate walking feet apart, don't think they touched once. food for thought considering @Bama Chick's royal gossip knowledge lol 🤨

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

interesting contrast in body language between the two couples next to each other...Harry and Meghan can't keep their hands off each other, all the little touches and pats and holding hands, very affectionate. William and Kate walking feet apart, don't think they touched once. food for thought considering @Bama Chick's royal gossip knowledge lol 🤨

Royal on the streets. Plebs on the sheets. 

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Twitter. Lulz. 

“Celtic was founded in Glasgow in 1887. The club was established by Irishman Brother Walfrid to celebrate Glasgow’s Irish population. Celtic would represent Irish immigrants in Glasgow before growing to become one of the best-supported football teams in the world.”

https://sqaf.club/why-are-celtic-linked-to-ireland/

It’s rivalry with the Rangers is incredibly intense and well documented. It’s served as a corollary between Irish fights between the Protestants and Catholics. Celtic football’s statement refusing to change the team logo colors above was intentional.  

Church of England allows marrying after divorce.  Plus QE2 gave Charles permission to marry CPB, per the Royal Marriages Act.  Plus the approval from the Archbishop of Canterbury. 
Edward was way different because both the Church said no (he was already King, unlike Charles) and the government was going to resign if he married Wallis Simpson.   Plus times are different - it was pretty taboo to marry a twice-divorced woman then, especially while already King, versus Charles marry a divorcee while just a Prince in modern times. 

Edward was a Nazi; it’s been proven Wallis was a Nazi spy besides being an insufferable cunt. They should have been put in the tower and beheaded and spiked. It’s a good thing the government stood firm and forced his abdication.

Harry would not have been allowed to marry Meghan prior to William spawning heirs. She is also an insufferable cunt.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

“Celtic was founded in Glasgow in 1887. The club was established by Irishman Brother Walfrid to celebrate Glasgow’s Irish population. Celtic would represent Irish immigrants in Glasgow before growing to become one of the best-supported football teams in the world.”

https://sqaf.club/why-are-celtic-linked-to-ireland/

It’s rivalry with the Rangers is incredibly intense and well documented. It’s served as a corollary between Irish fights between the Protestants and Catholics. Celtic football’s statement refusing to change the team logo colors above was intentional.  

I’ve been on the pitch at Parkhead. The grass is the greenest grass I’ve ever seen in my life. Fuck the Rangers!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:47 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Fergus Henderson’s joint served me easily one of the top 3 meals of my life. 

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's like Eyes of Texas and I've been working on the railroad.

But with even more colonialism?

I kid, I kid.  At a dinner with about 150 students at the Exes center.  Speaker proposed a toast to the queen and only about half stood up.  We sang the eyes at the end of presentation and only kid stayed seated.  The students get it.  
i think about what a cunt the queen was but still somehow probably the most decent person ever to serve on that throne.  Weird. 

Where do they bury British monarchy anyway?

Edited by YGIFS