The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II

956 Worldwide

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My funeral won’t be as big as the Queen’s, but there’ll be a shitlosd of people, mostly enemies, there to make sure I’m actually dead.

And probably not as much security.  

Dad, why are you drinking so much water and beer? 

@atomheartbevo died and I'm storing my piss.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I wonder what a CBS royal family correspondent makes a year. I mean todays gotta be the pinnacle of his career right?

'bout tree-quiddy

Is anyone from 'Ted Lasso' there?  I think that would be a nice gesture considering they've been very gracious hosts to the production team/cast.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I had a British couple this morning at work and I told them that we were watching the funeral this morning. I mentioned that the connection with their queen seemed to be almost a part of their national identity. They thought that was an accurate way to put it because they have only known her as their head of state.

They also said they think Charles is not long for the throne and they want William instead. I don’t follow much of the royal family, but when you have so many tourists from the UK regularly you get an education so to speak. 

19 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

They also said they think Charles is not long for the throne and they want William instead. I don’t follow much of the royal family, but when you have so many tourists from the UK regularly you get an education so to speak. 

They wanted Diana after Charles.  They'll settle for William.  

Seems like a nice guy.  While the entire House bloodline is tragic comedy of genealogical errors of entitlement and buffoonery...I do have some modicum of empathy for William, Henry, and their own children.  

While there's always been a fascination with them, and they are scrutinized, and harassed...the entitlement by blood comes with the shouldering part of all the negative that bloodline has done to the world.  But damn, these guys and their kids can't turn on a television set, or open a paper, or look at social media without seeing their private lives aired for all the world to see.  No other generation of royals has had to live in a 24-hour news cycle, around the globe, that focuses on your fuck-ups nearly every single day. It started with the stalking of their mother, but their children will live completely bombarded every hour of every day with something about their family.  No other generation had to withstand that. As we see in other parts of the world, subjugation of peoples and empire building are harder to hide with smart phones everywhere.

I have less empathy for the people that marry into this family because they knew what this was going in.  Except the lady married to Harry.  From the outside, I would have thought, "they've been trying to redeem themselves for colonialism and apartheid for a long time now.  And every black British guy I've heard from says its far more tolerant than the U.s."  But then Harry gets married and like, "Nope, turns out the House is still chalk full of racist assholes."  Your family has to be pretty shitty for you give up that lifestyle.  But love is more powerful than hatred.  Except right now.  In most of the world.  Hatred is totally having a moment right now.   

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...