The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II

956 Worldwide

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't see why Charles should refuse or quickly abdicate. It's not like he's that unpopular and his popularity will rise with the death of his mom and subsequent coronation.

Also the story is that his mom has refused abdication because it's their families' service to accept the role they have and not run away from it. That's his role model for his role as king. 

Still he's 73 and won't last forever.

Well, her uncle abdicated because of an American slut, making her dad king.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, somebody post an actual source or STFU with the "Heard it on the news"

sky news is a source.  you could always turn it on....

Just now, ChickenNuggets said:

Sky News said she had a prior obligation at a charity or something.

which she's not going to anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Kate is not there either. She’s with the kids. I’m guessing that is by design. No in-laws? 

That seems to be the actual reason, but the Brit broadcasters are getting in plenty of digs. One guy just said "The Duchess of Cambridge is not there because, of course, her children recently started school, so that's perfectly understandable that she couldn't attend immediately. Meghan isn't there, so take from that what you want. She probably isn't even welcome." 

1 minute ago, RPM said:

But their history doesn't exactly go that way.

I interpret it as being critical of how they came to power in the first place, basically shitting on her uncle. Him being a nazi sympathizer probably didn't help their overall perception of him. 

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

That seems to be the actual reason, but the Brit broadcasters are getting in plenty of digs. One guy just said "The Duchess of Cambridge is not there because, of course, her children recently started school, so that's perfectly understandable that she couldn't attend immediately. Meghan isn't there, so take from that what you want. She probably isn't even welcome." 

Well, if there are last words, if I was the queen and didn't like someone, I wouldn't want her there. Just because someone is an in-law doesn't mean that you have to like them. The queen's last words could be ditch the bitch and come back to your home.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, her uncle abdicated because of an American slut, making her dad king.

If you believe The King's Speech, Mrs. Simpson acquired certain skills from an establishment in Shanghai.  The look on Churchill's face after that line was perfect.  I took it to mean that she gave an incredible blow job.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Kate is apparently at Windsor.  It was the kids' first day of school.  I am with @hayden_horn on this.  I think she is either already dead or being kept "alive" artificially until the entire family is there.  Her hands when she greeted Liz Truss were purple.  

I bet that was all she could do to make that brief meeting. That’s steel will and resolve. Also, one more PM she got to meet in her very long life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II