Queen Elizabeth II has expired

Hugo Stiglitz

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What again is the timeframe for how these things happen in 3's?  I assume Gorbachev was too long ago?  Or was he?  Do we get one more or two more in the next month?  

...and you will know us by the trail of Dead.

I think Gorbachev definitely counts. 

I hate to say it... but Jimmy Carter?

Fuck, where was I ? Okay, so her son...Prince Charles is proper King because he's oldest and in the bloodline, right?  Good on him.  Or not, I dunno.  He seems like a tool.  At least she tried to course-correct that abysmal shitheap of imperialism.  Who gives a shit, maybe they'll help us cleanse some of our domestic issues again.

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So I honestly don't know and don't care, but for business conversations later today and tomorrow...Prince Charles is elevated to King of England, no?  And the older dude married to the dead lady is just same as he ever was?  

That's "King Charles the Third, by the Grace of God King of this Realm and of His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith" to you.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Haha they have to change all their money now

I'll take all that old money with her face on it. It's out of date now.

/dadjokes

"72 year reign" what exactly was she "reigning" over?  Is there any official capacity to being the monarch? I thought it was an anachronism holdover as a figurehead and tourist attraction that oversees a real estate holdings company, much like the Pope, but with better hats.  

On that note, is anyone going to give a shit about meeting King Charles? Queen Liz appeared to be somewhat liked, and foreigners seemed to enjoy meeting with her. If nobody likes Charles, does it really impact England at all?

Edited by Dutchrudder

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

"72 year reign" what exactly was she "reigning" over?  Is there any official capacity to being the monarch? I thought it was an anachronism holdover as a figurehead and tourist attraction that oversees a real estate holdings company, much like the Pope, but with better hats.  

On that note, is anyone going to give a shit about meeting King Charles? Queen Liz appeared to be somewhat liked, and foreigners seemed to enjoy meeting with her. If nobody likes Charles, does it really impact England at all?

He’ll start a get nice with the locals pr campaign by knighting some popular celebs, imo

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I heard it referred to some time ago as a government sanctioned high profile charitable foundation. Seems about right. There are some constitutional duties I think the monarchy still technically holds, on paper at least, but I don't think they have any real powers, and if they do as a matter of techincality, I think it's generally understood that if they ever tried to exercise them (like declaring war or something) it would be roundly ignored by Parliament. 

Edited by 'stache