$120,000

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

What do I do first?  Look for a tracking device.

This aspect of the question is more interesting to me than hashing out all of the "blow it/invest it" possibilities - especially given the relatively small amount of money, at least by hypothetical windfall standards. 

I think the smart play is to stash it in a fairly public location somehow (a bus/train station locker would be perfect, but those went the way of the dodo...), grab a different carrying container (the denomination of the bills will determine this issue - whether we're talking $1s or $100s matters here...), then finding some other semi-public location (back of a car in a busy parking garage? Single stall, locking bathroom in a hotel lobby or other business?) to unband and quickly flip through/shake out all the bills while putting it into the new container. 

I would renovate my house....  

120k will buy you a nice new kitchen.... or maybe other room renovations... and I would pay it out as cash payments to the contractor when they hit their completion goals. 

*after checking it to make sure there isnt an apple airtag or some other tracking device hidden in the bills. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:54 AM, tx 3 putt said:

With cash ?

if you’re a cop, you have to tell us !

If this is a serious question, I’d find a Realestate market that this can be 25% down on 2-4 multifamily homes that are rent ready.  If I had all the time, instead I’d buy run down ones and run the crews to renovate them, ReFi the cash out i made renovating, and do the next one. 

Most of the ideas in here would get you the aforementioned Ozark-type attention from the Feds.  Realistically all you can do is put it in the safe and trickle it out for the rest of your life.  Pay for groceries and part of your vehicle trades.  Do it inauspiciously, at least until after the cash is spent up.

If this is a serious question, I’d find a Realestate market that this can be 25% down on 2-4 multifamily homes that are rent ready.  If I had all the time, instead I’d buy run down ones and run the crews to renovate them, ReFi the cash out i made renovating, and do the next one. 

If this is a serious answer, can you tell me where I can find 2-4 multifamily homes that are rent ready and $120k covers the down payment?
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If this is a serious answer, can you tell me where I can find 2-4 multifamily homes that are rent ready and $120k covers the down payment?

If you can’t find a multifamily for $240k you’re not looking.  Two would be no problem. Finding 4 would be tough, but might be doable depending on what part of the country you’re in (or how far away you’re willing to buy)

DF44CC83-F788-4DA3-86B3-E1C07F097827.jpeg

Edited by UT_OB1

15 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I would renovate my house....  

120k will buy you a nice new kitchen.... or maybe other room renovations... and I would pay it out as cash payments to the contractor when they hit their completion goals. 

*after checking it to make sure there isnt an apple airtag or some other tracking device hidden in the bills. 

Home work / improvement would be easy, all those guys give a nice cash discount 

• 4 weeks later...