Concerts you are attending

bamachine

If I were to follow a band around to multiple shows per tour, I can't think of anybody other than Maiden at this point I'd do it for at this point. I'm feeling stoked to see them twice this tour. I almost had Dallas too but the internet in Thailand kept fucking up during the presale.

• Like 1

Shows I currently have tickets for (in Portland):

Sat 5/25: Swatkins & the Positive Agenda @ Mississippi Studios - I have a bunch of buddies coming in from Austin and Dallas to show me some love because of my recent divorce. Gonna be a lot of drinking, smoking legal weed, disc golf, dominoes, and live shows.  Friday the 24th we'll be going to a Sofar Sounds show (I volunteer with them) and then Saturday we'll see Swatkins  (funk band) the only other band in town this weekend is Gogol Bordello and I'm just not into them.

Mon 6/3: The Babe Rainbow @ Mississippi Studios - I love the Australian psychedelic bands and these guys are the biggest hippies of the bunch. 

Mon 6/17: The Mystery Lights @ Doug Fir Lounge - Their new album dropped last week and it's one of my favorites of 2019.  If you like garage rock you'll dig this.  Definitely worth a listen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought plane tix for me and the wife to go to LA in early August. Gonna see Elvis Costello & Blondie at the Greek on Monday, Dodgers-Cardinals on Tuesday, and James (!!!!)/Psychedelic Furs back at the Greek on Wednesday. I love James and they rarely come to America-- and, of course, they are coming nowhere near Texas.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not much country in this thread, but about to head out to a free Clint black concert. Doors opened a half hour ago, so hope it doesn’t fill up before we get in. 

I've heard he puts on a good show.  How was it?

In other news, a friend gave me a ticket to Dead & Company on Tuesday.  I enjoy some Dead stuff, but I can't really say I've ever been a huge fan.  Any of you Deadheads care to give a newb the lowdown on the required pregame?

Was good. I don’t know if he has new stuff but if he does he didn’t touch it. His hits, plus mama tried and are you sure hank done it this way. 

First couple of songs his voice wasn’t there, but then he got warmed up and sounded like himself.

Openers were good too, not sure if they are touring with him. Craig Campbell and Marin something. 

Whole think was a benefit for st Jude hospital. They auctioned off some Stetsons and signed guitars and a limited edition gold plated Henry rifle for the 100th  anniversary of the Cody rodeo. 

2bf1dc8c4e13584e511cc79f0e4fe49a.jpg

• Like 1

Took family to Paul McCartney last night. Holy shit he still has it. Somewhere between being in sight of a living legend and watching my kids sing Let It Be along with the packed arena I might have gotten a little dusty. And did two nights of Phish last weekend, quite a diverse musical week.

Didn't get any pics, but saw Father John Misty and Jason Isbell at the BOK last Saturday.  GREAT show. I was curious how both of them would do in an arena setting.... I feel like FJM was a little more into it, but they both did a good job.  

13 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Word to the wise, that place is all stairs. If you’re planning to drink and make multiple trips to the bathroom then I’d sit way down low or up top

Seconded.  Went to my first Red Rocks show last summer and yes... MUCH WALKING/CLIMBING, lol.

And on a related note, I'm heading out to Denver tomorrow for a little vacay that will include the Avett Brothers show at RR on Friday.  Then heading up to Breckenridge for Saturday-Monday.

Word to the wise, that place is all stairs. If you’re planning to drink and make multiple trips to the bathroom then I’d sit way down low or up top

If you take an Uber, you can get dropped off at the top of the venue where there’s a handicapped drop off instead of the uber lot. It’s just a flat 50 yard walk to the top of the venue. When you leave, you still have a very long way down to the uber lot. It’s easily 20 minutes. Call for uber right when you start walking. If you wait to ping a car until you get to the pickup spot, it’ll take the car an hour to make its way down due to the long backup of uber cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Back from the first 3 Maiden shows on my list. 

- Sunrise, FL (Ft Lauderdale burb)

- Atlanta

- Charlotte

The shows were excellent. FL had a couple minor hiccups, but nothing drastic and most wouldn’t have noticed. Nothing outside the ordinary first show of the tour kinks. 

Atlanta was great, with only a minor glitch, so the kinks were working out on night 2. 

Charlotte was flawless. Back in the groove and it went off without a hitch. 

Can’t wait to get into America’s Hat in a couple weeks and watch them burn Toronto to the ground. 

• Like 1

Cage definitely had the best set. That little monkey man can put on a show. The crowd was hopping for Beck but the energy was way different. His set was short.

Our friend scored us wrist bands to the Crown Royal area which was great. Cheaper drinks, food and shade. No idea what the delta is for access but it was cool.