Concerts you are attending

bamachine

was glad we got full band Wont Get Fooled Again instead of acoustic.  Roger nailed the scream pretty good as well.  Last time I saw them he kind of growled it more(understandably).  

Good show.  No My Generation but all in all pretty good.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, Eljefeweizen said:

The Who (The Two?) were in fine form Tuesday at the Moody Center.

NOTE: Not my video.

Looks like they’re playing a Corporate event, I get a kick how they just casually walk on stage and off it after a bit of chatter.  I don’t remember if they do encores. 

11 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Going to Avett Brothers and Bob Schneider at Whitewater tonight. Avetts always put on a good show so it should be worth the sweat.  

I caught the Avett show there last night. It's not a show I would ordinarily attend but a friend had an extra ticket, so why not. Was actually fairly impressed by their live show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I don’t hate them at all. Just surprised they can fill a football stadium. But maybe I haven’t paid close enough attention.

They have a big following believe it or not. Also I’ve heard they put on a really good show. I wouldn’t pay top dollar to see them but I’d go with a group

Everclear is a damn fine rock band. I once read that Alex had given it a shot with several bands and if Everclear didn’t work out he was going to hang it up.

Just booked this:

809a0f7566629098aed45f0f34c118cb.jpg

New plan: stay in Louisville for ten days, hit some distilleries, and do this festival the following weekend:

18125beffcb47b6c6667c11b9e2190e1.jpg

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I don’t hate them at all. Just surprised they can fill a football stadium. But maybe I haven’t paid close enough attention.

I’ve seen them a few times when opening for Maiden. They’re alright, and better than being stuck with Raven’s Age or fucking killswitch engage. If I never heard so much as their name again it would be too soon.

48 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Coldplay opened for Iron Maiden?

Thought so at one point. Maybe I’m confusing them with Coheed and  Cambria. 

Unless they’re well known or already in my collection, the up and comers usually don’t leave an impression on me. (Unless they really suck, or really kill it.)

Saw Coldplay last night in Houston on the floor at NRG and it was pretty fun. Obviously not everyones cup of tea, but their production/lights/etc. is about as big as it gets.  I can't think of a bigger band on the planet that got started after the 90's - so yes, they can sell out stadiums around the world. I was thinking last night that they are probably the last true "band" that can consistently fill up stadiums. Are there any other bands (not pop/rap/country artists) that got started in the last 20 years that might reach that level? I know Kings of Leon, The Killers, and Muse all do pretty damn well, but not quite Coldplay level, globally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Saw Coldplay last night in Houston on the floor at NRG and it was pretty fun. Obviously not everyones cup of tea, but their production/lights/etc. is about as big as it gets.  I can't think of a bigger band on the planet that got started after the 90's - so yes, they can sell out stadiums around the world. I was thinking last night that they are probably the last true "band" that can consistently fill up stadiums. Are there any other bands (not pop/rap/country artists) that got started in the last 20 years that might reach that level? I know Kings of Leon, The Killers, and Muse all do pretty damn well, but not quite Coldplay level, globally. 

It was a GREAT show. My date was extra appreciative after the show

On 5/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Coldplay at the Cotton Bowl last Friday. The new mgmt group running Fair Park is coming out the gate strong, looking to use the stadium more than one weekend a year. 

EAC51CA0-1D4D-40DC-BD8B-01E9F977BE44.jpeg

F25BF334-B546-40B9-A202-D988ABA182CE.jpeg

LOL, it's the same group. They've just changed their name. We're working with them for our charity BBQ cook-off at Fair Park on 5/21.

Was down in SA for one of my closest cousin's husband's celebration of life. We were staying down on the Riverwalk on Friday but planned to go stay with my folks on Saturday in Shavano Park but my old man was exposed to COVID at a RBFCU board meeting on Thursday and, yep, he tested positive on Saturday morning. So we stayed downtown on Saturday too. On the way to grab lunch at PInkerton's, we passed The Aztec Theater. I said I think my brother saw Band of Horses there a few months back after we caught BOH in Dallas. She looked it up on during lunch and Kurt Vile was playing that night. We bought $25 GA tickets and took in a nowhere-near-packed show. The sound wasn't all that great but we had a good time and made it back to hotel to watch the last 10 mins of the Stars' win over Calgary in Game 3.

That’s probably a pretty fair point.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Heights Theatre - Tood Snider 

Saw him in Gruene Hall... great show.

Allllllright...

So, get me excited.  I was gifted tickets for Dave Matthews at the Moody Center.  I don't want to seem ungrateful but I am just not excited.  I "like" maybe 4-5 songs... so why should I enjoy this show?  (and no you can't have my tickets)

On 5/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Ramsalot said:

Sounds about right. I’m a Killers fan, and here in the UK they can sell out stadiums like Coldplay. They have 2 nights at Wembley in June. Outside the UK…..not so much. You’re right, Coldplay does it globally.

So, here's what I found out about a live Dave Matthews show... I enjoyed the songs I didn't know probably more than the ones I know... in the sense that they played songs that were unfamiliar to me and they just got up there and jammed... and they were extremely talented.  So, will I listen to DMB on my own at home, working out, etc.?  No.  Did I enjoy the concert - yeah, absolutely!

saw king hannah at mohawk indoors last night. they're a britich psychedelic folk/shoegaze/alternative band. all of their songs have a slow burn atmospheric lazy dream feel to them, almost trip hop. have been enjoying their latest album but thought the live show was even better. stood in line to buy an album after the show and had to witness every dude in line hit on the singer and have their album signed. jesus, just buy your fucking merch and move on. she was clearly encouraging it though.