Concerts you are attending

bamachine

42 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone going to the free Ghostland Observatory show tomorrow night? Taking my gf and her friend. Not my normal bag, but should be fun. 

considered it, not sure how crazy the line will be. have seen them a few times and they put on an entertaining show. 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:54 AM, Etexhorn13 said:

Vince Gill on take it to the limit was a bit of a religious experience. That was an awesome show, just wish they had saved Hotel Cali for a different spot. Otherwise, damn that was fun. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:11 AM, tx 3 putt said:

....i really would  like to catch a vince gill concert

Going to this show on Friday at Moody Center.

From what I have seen from Vince Gill, he his a pretty gracious musician.  He has no problem sitting back and just doing his thing on the guitar and letting others do the singing and playing.  I imagine him fitting in well and knowing his place.

Looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Going to this show on Friday at Moody Center.

From what I have seen from Vince Gill, he his a pretty gracious musician.  He has no problem sitting back and just doing his thing on the guitar and letting others do the singing and playing.  I imagine him fitting in well and knowing his place.

Looking forward to it.

If you want to hear hotel California, just know that they played it first and ton of people were still in drink lines. Regarding Gill, he sang a few of the Glenn Frey songs and honestly I thought his slight country twang made some of them even better. But yeah, enjoy the concert, it was one hell of a show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Blondie tonight!
Debbie Harry is 77 years old and performed at the top of her game last night. Timely to see the Paul McCartney post above, because I came home from Blondie on such a high that the only thing I could think to compare it to was when I saw Macca a few years ago; maybe DEVO a couple years after that. To see somebody that age still going at it with passion and drive, still reaching their peak, is invigorating and inspiring.

They say a band is as good as its drummer and Clem Burke put on a clinic. Just wow. The 2 guitar players they currently have were absolute fire.

There's not a lot of dates on this tour, but if they come near you, don't miss it. Im still buzzing and i see a lot of shows.

20220517_214518.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Vince Gill:  world class singer, world class guitar player, married to Amy Grant.

He has a lot to not be humble about, but he's apparently the nicest guy in the game.  The world needs a lot more Vince Gills and a lot fewer Ted Nugents.

Look, man, the sky is high and so am I. I also got me a rock n roll band, and well, it’s a free for all.

Saw the Eagles at Moody last night - holy shit, that was one of the best shows I have ever seen. They played from 8 until about 11:15 (with a short break between Hotel California and their other hits sets).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine they put on a great show and are pros - but best shows you’ve ever seen?

I imagine they put on a great show and are pros - but best shows you’ve ever seen?

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just like, your opinion, man.

I can’t say I was ever a particularly huge Eagles fan and hadn’t ever seen them live, but they were incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:51 AM, Stringer said:

Hitting Bottle Rock next weekend.  Anyone been?  Any tips/tricks?

Last year was our first time. Only advice is to rent a locker to store a jacket or sweatshirt as it can get cold at night. It’s a well-run festival. 

I’ll be there with my wife and her sister. 

• Like 1

Jack White next week at the Moody! i've wanted to see him for years...i wonder if he plays songs from all his various incarnations (Raconteurs, Deadweather, etc) 🤔 whatever, won't matter! really looking forward to it, should be my last concert in Austin 🤘 

hoping my next show will be at Red Rocks...NIN in September looks good...😊

Edited by mchookem

Sounds like a couple of us will be out in Napa next week.

We’re just going Friday and maybe Saturday. Sat and Sun lineups aren’t blowing my skirt up. There’s a group of us and they’re mostly interested in pool parties and wine, as opposed to festivals. Hopefully Friday will scratch my wife and I’s festival itch.

If any of you see a 6’5” 40 year old dude with shaggy hair around the Fantastic Negrito, Marcus King, Spoon or CHVRCHES stages, come awkwardly say hi. I would wear my “I’m from the internet shirt” but I don’t think my wife will let me.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Stringer said:

Sounds like a couple of us will be out in Napa next week.

We’re just going Friday and maybe Saturday. Sat and Sun lineups aren’t blowing my skirt up. There’s a group of us and they’re mostly interested in pool parties and wine, as opposed to festivals. Hopefully Friday will scratch my wife and I’s festival itch.

If any of you see a 6’5” 40 year old dude with shaggy hair around the Fantastic Negrito, Marcus King, Spoon or CHVRCHES stages, come awkwardly say hi. I would wear my “I’m from the internet shirt” but I don’t think my wife will let me.

Yeah, I’m only interested in seeing Michael Franti on Sunday. Although Warren G has a short set that will be great (based on his appearance last year). We’ll definitely be at Fantastic Negrito after Bastardane. 

I’ll be the tatted, bald head dude with a long goatee. 

Jack White next week at the Moody! i've wanted to see him for years...i wonder if he plays songs from all his various incarnations (Raconteurs, Deadweather, etc) whatever, won't matter! really looking forward to it, should be my last concert in Austin  
hoping my next show will be at Red Rocks...NIN in September looks good...

Past few times I’ve seen him, he played all solo stuff with about 3-5 WS songs out of around 20 total. Never seen him play anything from the other two bands. I think that’s because they’re both technically still active.

I’ll be at NIN at Red Rocks. Go if you can. I saw them there on the last tour and it’s great.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, ConferenceRoom said:

Just on principle or did something happen during the process? My experience this morning was smooth. 

I wanted vip tickets, the morale package rather than the steppers package. I was in the queue, got in just fine, but the Morale Package was not even showing as an option. I decided to just not try and do anything, went back 20 minutes and it still wasn’t there, logged out and back in, and then it was showing available.

caused lots of stress and I had to consider buying a normal ticket but glad I held off.

sigur ros both tonight and tomorrow night at acl live.  so fucking pumped as they are my favorite live band.  if they play the same setlist tonight as they have for most of the tour, it is gonna be great.  they seem to be breaking it up into two sets in which the first is a lot of the older, more delicate stuff from agaetis and ( ). then the second set is fucking bonkers with the intense stuff.

i know @MC Fresh Breath and @yoladu will be there in spirit.

• Like 1

Eagles this past Friday was one of my favorite concerts ever.  I would not put it at the very top of shows I have seen but it was memorable for sure.  BB King will always be #1 for me.  

I honestly have not kept up with the goings on with the Eagles over these years.  I had no idea Felder was no longer with them.  Steurt Smith had the sound and the licks down though.

My wife bought us tickets.  She likes The Eagles but loves Vince Gill.

The show itself had some great moments.  It was worth it just to see Joe Walsh play.  He seemed a little unsteady on vocals but the dude can still play guitar.  Him and Vince Gill traded licks on one of Joe Walsh's hits - Rocky Mountain Way,  and it was awesome.  

The vocals and harmonies coming from dudes in their 60s and 70s were on point.  Lots of great moments through out.

We sat in section 119 - the Indeed club area at the Moody Center.  Nice Bar area.  Food could stand to be better.  

The acoustics were great to me.  We sat 2 rows from the top - section T.  We got in and out of there with ease.  We did pay for parking in the garage nestled between DKRTMS, Mike Myers and the Moody.  If you need to go south, I recommend taking Dean Keaton down to Guadalupe instead of going back around the front of the Moody Center.  The main to remember is to avoid the front of the Moody Center.  Ride shares and drunk pedestrian weaving in and out of traffic

• Hook 'Em 2