Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Billy Howerdel at Emo's last night. He's the songwriter/guitarist for A Perfect Circle. Love his new album, very 80's Depeche Mode/Cure sound going on. He played the entire album and it sounded really good live, his voice suits the music perfectly. The touring drummer couldn't be there and Josh Freese filled in, always a treat to watch him play. Also had Danny Lohner, formerly of NIN, on guitar. Low turnout, maybe 100 people there...which feels empty in the giant cavern of Emo's. Excellent show though

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Billy Howerdel at Emo's last night. He's the songwriter/guitarist for A Perfect Circle. Love his new album, very 80's Depeche Mode/Cure sound going on. He played the entire album and it sounded really good live, his voice suits the music perfectly. The touring drummer couldn't be there and Josh Freese filled in, always a treat to watch him play. Also had Danny Lohner, formerly of NIN, on guitar. Low turnout, maybe 100 people there...which feels empty in the giant cavern of Emo's. Excellent show though

Crazy about the turnout. That promoter lost their ass on that show. I don’t know if being in A Perfect Circle is a selling point for casual fans. Other than Maynard, I couldn’t name a band member. I never listened to the album until now and it’s really good. Kids today won’t like it at all though. His potential audience is 40-55 YOs.

11 hours ago, stc said:

Danny lived right under me in Jester West in 1989-1990. Used to hang out quite a bit, but I haven't talked to him since he hit the big time.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Crazy about the turnout. That promoter lost their ass on that show. I don’t know if being in A Perfect Circle is a selling point for casual fans. Other than Maynard, I couldn’t name a band member. I never listened to the album until now and it’s really good. Kids today won’t like it at all though. His potential audience is 40-55 YOs.

James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins fame is also a guitarist for APC, last I checked.

I’m going to that show in Solana Beach next Tuesday

Going a little more low brow here.  My kid works at Stanley's BBQ in Tyler and told me there's a Sublime tribute band from San Diego playing there next Friday.  I sat there for a minute and then was like, "Hell yeah!"  Pregame, go to eat BBQ, get a tab at the bar, drink lots of Lone Star, watch band which will give me about as good of a Sublime show as is available in 2022, have good time, get my son to drive me home.  Profit.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Got the cheap lawn seats for tomorrow night - Styx / REO Speedwagon / Loverboy.

Groupon thing... $ 20 ea. + fees.

Germania amp. @ CoTA.

Wife is hesitant due to the blistering heat we are currently experiencing, so now I am wondering if it is gonna be worth the hassle of her complaining the whole time.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

Taking the wife to her dream concert, Garth Brooks, next weekend in Dallas.  I am not a fan as I only know the shitty / insanely overplayed Friends in Low Places song but hopefully he puts on a great show.

Yes, a great show.

Have seen him 2x in the past 7 years & somehow he manages to make it seem much more personal in spite of an arena setup.

& I cannot stand that song...

*I do have some of his CD's, probably the 1st 2 or 3 big sellers.

Scored 2 tix for Bruce in Albany next March.   Will miss play in games for NCAAT so it better be worth it. 

Tried to buy my dad tickets for Xmas and Moody Center tickets, during the verified fan presale, were $599 for behind the stage. Cheapest tickets I saw were $350. Pass.
  • Like 1

Tried to buy my dad tickets for Xmas and Moody Center tickets, during the verified fan presale, were $599 for behind the stage. Cheapest tickets I saw were $350. Pass.
Ticketmaster is fucking with people. Try again around 3 this afternoon when it opens to the general public. Some are even buying a day or two later at close to normal prices. I paid $200 for section 211.
  • Like 1

Ticketbastard is for shit.

They can't even get the charges for their own fees right. Had a presale not too long before all this covid bullshit and between myself and 7 other people in our click, nobody was  charged the same service fee and all of us had pit tickets. Wasn't even close. That was a mess to get unfucked.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Location, location, location perhaps?  Austin > Albany.  I went the cheap route just to be in the house, $69 bucks each for our seats but with fees pushed the price to $93.  Behind stage mezz were going for $99 bucks.  

Location, location, location perhaps?  Austin > Albany.  I went the cheap route just to be in the house, $69 bucks each for our seats but with fees pushed the price to $93.  Behind stage mezz were going for $99 bucks.  

Apparently not. I guess the presale were the cheap tickets. I looked when general admission went on sale and tickets were still around $700 and resale ranged from $1,000 to $3,000.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, ROFL BOX said:

Got the cheap lawn seats for tomorrow night - Styx / REO Speedwagon / Loverboy.

Groupon thing... $ 20 ea. + fees.

Germania amp. @ CoTA.

Wife is hesitant due to the blistering heat we are currently experiencing, so now I am wondering if it is gonna be worth the hassle of her complaining the whole time.

That tour stops in Saratoga next month, thinking of going just for Loverboy alone.  But it’s on a work night and at my age, shit like this is hard to do anymore, at least for me anyway. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

That tour stops in Saratoga next month, thinking of going just for Loverboy alone.  But it’s on a work night and at my age, shit like this is hard to do anymore, at least for me anyway. 

The show is what you would expect for these guys, somewhat solid, all seasoned musicians giving the crowd what they want. Was hesitate go but had had a great time. The newer lead for Styx does a Dennis DeYoung thing a little too hard. Loverboy cancelled because of Covid allegedly. Friends saw the same show in the Woodlands on Sunday and the +55 crowd was headed to the exits by 10 because of the heat and related age. 

• Like 1

Although I am not a big fan of country music I will say Garth Brooks put on a great show last not at Jerry World here in Dallas.  Trisha Yearwood was a surprise guest that did a quick opening set and joined him at the end for a duet.  Apparently, they were recording this concert for a future live album as they mentioned it a few times.  The 90K people at the stadium were singing along to every song.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I saw Elaine Bishop and Charlie Musselwhite last night. They put on a wonderful show that may as well been billed Blues 101. They told a lot of stories about the Chicago Blues scene in the 60's.

In my 50s Ive noticed that sometimes I'm the oldest guy in the crowd, sometimes everybody's my age, and sometimes I'm the youngest guy in the room. That was definitely the case last night. Show was over by 9:30 and I briefly considered catching a train over to Oakland to catch my friends at a metal show, but went home instead. Fucking old people!

I went to see Black Midi a couple months ago with a friend who's 35. It was his 1st time experiencing being the old guy in the room. Funny

20220730_193847.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

So here's some cool shit. One of my gf's good friends had bought tickets to the NYC show of Rage Against the Machine/ Run the Jewels but can't go. He learned we'll be there for her birthday, so he gifted us the tickets. So i get to finally see Rage, at fucking MSG of all places. Wow. I'm stoked! 14yo me would have passed out from excitement by now. We changed our flight to stay an extra day, and i hadn't booked the hotel yet (have now), so it was easy to extend our trip a day. Wewt!

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Thats the show that I've waited the longest for. We got pit tickets and were supposed to see it in April 2020. I think they've rescheduled 3 time now. The latest was from like June thus year to March of next. Then Zack breaks a leg. Im still nervous if they'll actually make it here.

They had a date scheduled for the Cynthia Woods Pavillion in The Woodlands in 2020 and then, well… you know.

Although I am not a big fan of country music I will say Garth Brooks put on a great show last not at Jerry World here in Dallas.  Trisha Yearwood was a surprise guest that did a quick opening set and joined him at the end for a duet.  Apparently, they were recording this concert for a future live album as they mentioned it a few times.  The 90K people at the stadium were singing along to every song.   

Good to hear. Catching him in Houston Saturday. Never seen him but have heard the “show” is awesome.