Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Strongly considering going to see The Shins tonight at Radio City Music Hall. (Never been and am randomly in NYC this week.)

I definitely know 1 Shins song and feel like I may have had one of their CDs 15 to 20 years ago.  Oy positive though. What I am positive about are the inviting reseller ticket prices. 

This past Saturday the prices were $56 and up. 

Yesterday it was $25 and up. 

Just now (after 5pm in NYC)…

51E4E201-7D61-4F8D-8B17-22ED62BFB05C.png

On 8/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, NTVTXN said:

Wait. You saw PJ in Budapest and now you’re seeing them in OKC? 
Damn. You go, Boy. 👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻

I’ll be there, in OKC. My first time. I’m stoked. It’s only taken me 31years. Better late than never…

I’ve had tix for the PJ okc show since 2000. Alas, my wife has work this time and we can’t make it to the sept 20 show.

This is the view from row K in section 106. Our tix are in row A.

818AD971-359C-459E-B481-9EF7D388540A.png

4 hours ago, GenXer said:

I’ve had tix for the PJ okc show since 2000. Alas, my wife has work this time and we can’t make it to the sept 20 show.

This is the view from row K in section 106. Our tix are in row A.

818AD971-359C-459E-B481-9EF7D388540A.png

Oh man, that stinks. Sorry to hear that; but can you not go without her?

I mean, yeah, she’ll be pissed but she’d go over it, no? 😬 

30 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Oh man, that stinks. Sorry to hear that; but can you not go without her?

I mean, yeah, she’ll be pissed but she’d go over it, no? 😬 

I probably could but we dropped about $1k per ticket. We got the tix because she’s never seen PJ. I saw them with the ramones as the opening act around ‘95 in a field south of austin. That was the tour when vedder was taking a stance against ticketmaster.

Anyway, I could go but I’m an old in Dallas so I really don’t have anyone to go with and it’s on a weekday in okc. It would be a $1k loss.

My other option is to resell them on ticketmaster. I’m leaning towards reselling.

Edited by GenXer
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

How were the accoustics?  Saw him on Sunday on 5th row in Beaumont and in hindsight I'd have enjoyed the show better from the balcony.

They were above average   helps that the people in this venue are very quiet when compared to a standard concert just due to the nature of it being an opera house   That said, being center balcony would have been nice  

1 hour ago, stc said:

outside of ACL Fest, I don't recall PJ playing a show in austin in the 22 years that I've lived here. have traveled to houston and dallas multiple times to see them. 

I saw their first Austin show at the Backroom in '91.  I had no idea who they were but some friends lived in that complex that overlooked the parking lot and we went over randomly that night.  I'm not sure my memory is correct but I think the Skatenigs played that night also.  I was a big Soundgarden fan at the time but didn't know enough yet that the Seattle scene would be my jam for the next 30+ years.  Saw them a year later at Lollapalooza.  Haven't seen them since.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Ended up on a spur of the moment trip to Vegas to see the Killers tomorrow night. Wife had planned to go with a friend because I was gonna be in trial this week. Shitty first coupla days this week - won’t share all the details, but trial for continued (I won most everything at pretrial though, so yay for me), my wife’s friend came down with COVID, so she didn’t know what she was gonna do.

I said fuck it, my week just cleared up, I can take Friday off. So, here we are at New York New York (picked because it’s right next to the arena). Had an amazing dinner at Lotus of Siam (seriously, best Thai I’ve ever had). Our first time in Vegas, by the way….it’s….interesting. Looking forward to the show. Funny think is, we were already going to see them play MSG in NYC next month, so I’ll see em twice in 40 days.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Sometimes that happens when you are 74.

Compare him to the average 74yo you see walking through Walmart and I’d say he’s doing life pretty fucking well.

This. Still full of energy and life. Not an ounce of  ego on the stage, and a phenomenal show.

I could listen to Vic all night.

On 8/28/2022 at 1:26 AM, mchookem said:

NIN at Red Rocks next saturday. gonna miss the ULM game, but this has been a bucket list item!

I'll be there also.  My daughter was supposed to go with me but she has her home volleyball tournament FRI-SAT. 

I saw NIN in London a few months ago and it was fantastic. I was at the last Red Rocks show a few years ago also.  Make sure you get there early to see Yves Tumor. He is really, really good.

2 hours ago, CoTex said:

Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson last night at Dos Equis Pavillion/Fair Park.

I gotta say - the vibe at a Sunday evening Jack Johnson concert is laid back.  That was an easy show to attend and enjoy.

Forecast: mostly cloudy with a chance of contact high

41 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Looking forward to seeing Janes Addiction and Smashing Pumpkins in October or whomever is still playing with their frontmen. 

i did not know these guys were touring.

turns out they will be in Denver in November. guess who just bought tickets lol.

i texted my sister in Austin about it half hour ago... she's already bought a plane ticket 😂

unexpectedly awesome development 😁🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

mastodon/ghost at moody center last night. mastodon sounded like shit, it was just a giant wall of indistinguishable noise...they had a keyboard player but i'm not sure he was playing anything. pretty disappointing as they've sounded great every other time i've seen them. ghost was fucking incredible, one of the best shows i've seen this year. the stage, the lights, the pyrotechnics, all of it was so good. everyone on the floor was super into it and it was fun as hell.   

164fbc3a982aaa0f37ee52dffc03aa82.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1