Concerts you are attending

bamachine

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Headed to Moody Center for the first time tonight.  Where has anyone parked without much hassle? I assume the track garage will be a cluster fuck because it's a cluster fuck for the Texas Relays.

street parking across I35 off manor or next to disch

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Nice! Let me know what time everything started.

Opener went on around 7:30 (skip her). Sam came out after that and did 8 or 9 songs solo then Bird and his band do about the same before bringing Sam back out to do songs together. Some just the two of them and a few more with his band. Really great show although Stubbs won’t be the best venue for it. I had a great seat too. 
10515357-582B-45FE-BCD2-F7F3A6AAB65A.thumb.jpeg.43a8a967bcaafc11fb08529391910e62.jpeg23982E5C-0892-45C8-BF08-1F2B1271D8BE.thumb.jpeg.bd7f8b82ddfd8a5de37e4a2f2591f393.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, is his voice improving?

Apparently enough to setup 4 shows during the week of thanksgiving.  Maybe he won’t be doing all the vocals, maybe he will. Just saw a post on Galleywinter’s FB though, and they wouldn’t put that out there if it weren’t accurate.  

One time I was at a Paul Westerberg show, and the power went out.  His laptops were fucked, right?  So what did he do?  Well, that fucking dinosaur had his tech bring him an acoustic guitar, and he sat at the edge of the stage, shouted to the crowd that they needed to be quiet, and he played and sang a few songs.  What a loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

What about Falling in Reverse's LAPTOPS?  We must investigate!   

Yeah, when all the musical instruments arrive correctly, but your laptop is what keeps you from performing...you're not a band I want to see.  I'm an old man yelling at clouds, I get it.  But I dig bands that use digitization, sampling, etc.  I'm not opposed to it.  I've come around on liking some EMD dj sets..  But if a couple macbooks keeps you from being your inner musician, toss off.  

Last night Ldogg, my younger brother, and I went to see Clutch, Quicksand, Helmet and JD Pinkus at warehouse Live.  We missed Pinkus, but Quicksand and Helmet were great.  Only stuck around for about 4 or 5 Clutch songs.  

the venue was packed and there was absolutely no shortage of bald, middle aged guys with beards in attendance. But one stuck out as he walked past me a few times. Dude was pretty damn big and just looked familiar. About the 3rd time he walks by I figure out who he was. Motherfucking Big Bob from Harold and Kumar Go to Guantanamo Bay.  I looked him up on my phone, brother confirmed I wasn’t seeing things. Apparently he is from Houston.  I did not see him feed the cockmeat sandwich to anyone. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bd7970c4ecf8fef62c37a3dba7a54ca9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

One time I was at a Paul Westerberg show, and the power went out.  His laptops were fucked, right?  So what did he do?  Well, that fucking dinosaur had his tech bring him an acoustic guitar, and he sat at the edge of the stage, shouted to the crowd that they needed to be quiet, and he played and sang a few songs.  What a loser.

Trey Anastasio (TAB tour) did the same thing when his drummer tested positive for Covid right before the show.  Played a 2 hour solo acoustic show.

This weekend was our annual free concert weekend in Golden Gate Park, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. On Friday i saw Asleep at the Wheel and Charlie Crockett. Both were fantstic.

Saturday I arrived late and saw a horrible sounding Elvis Costello show. Then Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew of Talking Heads put on an incredible performance of the Remain in Light album.

I skipped the festival Sunday and wound up at an outdoor punk show where some kid came flying out of the mosh pit and took me out hard. Completely blindsided by the fucker.

Capped of the weekend with a Bluegrass set at one of my local spots.20220930_143008.jpg20220930_174833.jpg20221001_175151.jpg20221001_182718.jpg20221002_160434.jpg20221002_155556.jpg20221002_163227.jpg20221002_185706.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Coming up through the 80s, thats was my initial reaction and why I was very gracious about it in the moment. But with the current generation of punks, it's very uncharacteristic. They are really like the sweetest kids ever. In fact, this one kind trans kid came and handed me a fresh beer shortly after, commenting that I'd lost most of mine during the fall.

• Like 3

Speaking of punks, down the street from me is one of the coolest things in local music that I dont take nearly enough advantage of. We have this coop, non-profit record store that is mostly punk, but there's all kinds of records there. Its kind of the local punk HQ though.

The door on the left is sometines open, and when it is you wanna walk through it. It leads to the backyard where you'll find a bunch of kids in their punk uniforms drinking cans of beer from 12 packs they bought at the 7-11 next door. Mostly a bunch of misfits. Fat kids, dorky kids, socially awkward kids, etc. Im not saying that in a disparaging way. Always friendly and welcoming. I only know a handful of them, the ones that come in the bar.

The real treat is that, from there, you can enter the grimy, low ceiling basement where they put on regular free punk shows. Many of times I've just been walking past, heard live music drifting through the street and ran back there to catch a random show. Sometimes even touring bands passing through. The store itself is a converted house, there used to be random shows in what had been the kitchen, but a few years ago they blew that put for more record space.

I dont take too many pictures there because the key to being accepted as an old guy in those crowds is to not be creepy, and an old guy taking a bunch of photos is kinda creepy. I will try to get one of the bands because I try to get a picture of every band I see, but the ceiling is so low its hard to get a decent pic in there.

/csbScreenshot_20221004-091741_Maps.jpg20220910_182702_806551632638834(1).jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Thats the show that I've waited the longest for. We got pit tickets and were supposed to see it in April 2020. I think they've rescheduled 3 time now. The latest was from like June thus year to March of next. Then Zack breaks a leg. Im still nervous if they'll actually make it here.
And fuck. Held these tickets nearly 3 years.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rage-against-machine-cancels-entire-041203434.html