Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Decent show. Should have sprung for better seats but they seemed similar to what we had for Rage at MSG but they really weren't. Not sure if it was where were sitting or what but the lighting was too fucking much. There were points in every song where a spotlight was pointed directly at us or strobing and at the end we both had headaches. The music wasn't too loud, in fact could have been louder, but that was fine. Never seen a show where so much of the lighting is trained on the crowd. We left a little early because it got boring. Oh well, fun enough

I was at the JA/SP at Moody last night. Overall, a terrific show.  Perry can't sing like he used to, but I get it.  They played Mountain Song which IMO, is one of the best rock songs of all time.  SP was great too.  There was nothing  from "Gish", but an interesting take on a Talking Heads song.  Highlight of the show was "Silverfuck" in its full volume glory.......Bang Bang You're Dead..Hole in Your Head.....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Delta Charlie said:

I was at the JA/SP at Moody last night. Overall, a terrific show.  Perry can't sing like he used to, but I get it.  They played Mountain Song which IMO, is one of the best rock songs of all time.  SP was great too.  There was nothing  from "Gish", but an interesting take on a Talking Heads song.  Highlight of the show was "Silverfuck" in its full volume glory.......Bang Bang You're Dead..Hole in Your Head.....

Can believe I missed JA again.

I'm an idiot.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No idea -- they play Sunday.  Maybe ACL Festival is running through soundchecks?

It was the Party for the Parks.  Every year they host it, and every year I forget it's happening and my windows vibrate.  

Wasn't there obviously, but that Roger Waters setlist from Moody Center last night looks pretty awesome.  Not a huge fan of his solo stuff, but out of 5 or 6 solo songs, most were the ones I actually enjoy.  And then of course all the Floyd.  

Y'all heading down to the Music Festival today/this weekend, have a blast.  Park looked great when I rode past Wednesday in terms of shape.  Obviously that never lasts.  Looks a touch hot midday with some humidity (nothing unbearable), southerly winds, temps in low 90's, but at least intermittent cloud cover.  If you want a spot in the shade in the beer tent for OU, best just pass out there tonight and hope they leave you there.  Looking forward to [W2] myself. 

Thursday, plan to hit up either Vacations/Jackie Hays at the Scoot Inn -or- Billy Strings at Stubb's.  Keep forgetting Black Keys are gonna be here soon, too.

Well shit, somebody that sounded an awful lot like Spoon was playing last night but it was pretty muffled.  Just the drums and lower guitar chords carried.  

It was a solid 2-hour set with a very short break ending around 9:45p.  Whoever it was, I dug the rhythms I could make out.   Or it was the world's most glorified sound check for whoever is playing AMEX stage today.  I checked the tower logs, but there's one set missing.  Hmmmm......

Gotta run home for lunch so I can take the kids to the neighborhood park because you can usually hear the Star Wars kickoff song clear as day from there on Friday morning about 11:00/11:15.    

Anybody seeing Jesus and Mary Chain at Granada in Dallas?  Also, the original Misfits playing at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, with Alice Cooper on October 29th.  That's a show that I wouldn't mind seeing, even if old.  

Edited by Mdhorn

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Anybody seeing Jesus and Mary Chain at Granada in Dallas?  Also, the original Misfits playing at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, with Alice Cooper on October 29th.  That's a show that I wouldn't mind seeing, even if old.  

I would definitely see Jesus and Mary Chain if they came to my area.

I'm kinda conflicted on the Misfits. On one hand having them back together would be great to see, plus Dave Lombardo is on drums, but I just have a problem with people sliding into a nostalgia act. If there's nothing fresh to say then I dunno.

Alice Cooper is great in concert though. I saw him on Halloween once.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, Mdhorn said:

Yup. Got my tickets for Jesus and Mary Chain at Granada.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

King Gizzard is awesome live.

I randomly bought tickets to their show at Mohawk a few years ago just because of their name and was completely blown away. The venue was the most crowded it’s ever been and I was sure it was over capacity. They just fucking brought it. Totally kicked ass beginning to end. Their releases since that era seem to be a bit too meandering and unfocused though. I hope that hasn’t affected their live show.

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I randomly bought tickets to their show at Mohawk a few years ago just because of their name and was completely blown away. The venue was the most crowded it’s ever been and I was sure it was over capacity. They just fucking brought it. Totally kicked ass beginning to end. Their releases since that era seem to be a bit too meandering and unfocused though. I hope that hasn’t affected their live show.

have tickets for one of the nights at stubbs in a couple weeks and i'm a little worried about that myself. last time i saw them was 2019 after Rats' Nest came out and it was fucking killer. 

Mrs C-Man loves Mumford & Sons. I love Mrs C-Man. What can I say? I admit that some of their stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine and they're usually very enjoyable live. Mumford's New Basement Tapes stuff with Elvis Costello and Jim James and ??? is pretty good. At any rate, Marcus Mumford has a solo album out and he's touring through Texas.

Wife bought tickets for us at The Majestic in Dallas last night and I have to admit that was a damn enjoyable night of music. Mumford seems like a good dude and without all the banjo-y shit that SNL lampooned with Mumford & Sons when they were on the show, it's pretty good guitar/singer stuff.

If you get the chance, check out his opening act (Danielle Ponder & the A's). Ponder is a former public defender/attorney who quit her job to become a professional musician at 39/40. She can fucking bring it. She ended her opening set last night with an insane "cover" of Radiohead's "Creep" (she changed a lot -- if not most -- of the lyrics), changed tempo, etc. It's been a long time since I've seen such a dead-on-balls nailed opening act performance, I almost expected there to be an encore. The crowd would've welcomed it with open arms. I hope she explodes.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Spoon kicked ass last night as always. 

it was cool to hear some of the songs from Lucifer on the Sofa live. They played “The Hardest Cut”, “Wild”, “Held”, “My Babe”, and “The Devil and Mr Jones.” 

95692919-D5E1-4ED7-8B0A-D1B36240084D.jpeg

We are seeing them Saturday in Fort Worth

• Hook 'Em 1