Concerts you are attending

bamachine

22 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Both of my daughters were on TM for hours trying to get tickets to one of the Texas shows.  No luck.

My daughter has been waling around feeling special. She was on Seatgeek for the Arlington shows (seatkeek official partner of jerry jones), and about 11:15am it just took her to the ticket selection and got 4.  Then she watched Tiktok the rest of the day of pissed off people.  Kids these days...

I saw Smashing Pumpkins in ‘94 at lollapalooza at the starplex in dallas. They were an indistinguishable wall of noise. I was really looking forward to seeing them but was disappointed.

I swore I’d never see them again but the good reviews in this thread are making me reconsider.

12 minutes ago, freyguy said:

On a day like this, should I expect Stubbs to be canceled tonight?  I promised that I'd take the boy to go see Cory Wong.  ugh

On a day like this, you tell the boy that it's cancelled whether it is or not.

(Shades of me taking my son home from the monster truck rally at intermission, because it was so damned loud.  "Well son, that's it, let's go home.")

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

On a day like this, you tell the boy that it's cancelled whether it is or not.

(Shades of me taking my son home from the monster truck rally at intermission, because it was so damned loud.  "Well son, that's it, let's go home.")

Clearly "Cats in the Cradle" is a comedy to you.  🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, freyguy said:

Clearly "Cats in the Cradle" is a comedy to you.  🤣

Hey, at least I took him.  He was miserable anyway.  He was probably 7 years old at the time, and that kind of volume was pretty overwhelming.  Some nice lady gave him some earplugs, though, so that helped.

• Hook 'Em 1

Friday night; 1st time in... what, ?22 years? that I have been to Luckenbach (very convenient for us as it was only a 45 minute drive).

Shane Smith & the Saints.  Very crisp 45ish degrees.  Chase (the bass) actually had pants on & Bennett (fiddle) was wearing real shoes vs. hippie sandals.

I'll say it again - if you're any kind of Americana / (not pop) C&W with REAL songwriting, you should check them out.
Also, if you watch the Paramount show "Yellowstone", they have had some songs used in some episodes & the "wedding scene" from this past release has them as the band.

20221118_220602.thumb.jpg.41ac5262b01d6da235c2f910bacc2de4.jpg

20221118_220616.thumb.jpg.84b6992334fc8b121b92bca6793403f7.jpg

20221118_220703.thumb.jpg.5e14ab07f291a333cbe95cb618bd13c7.jpg

20221118_222646.thumb.jpg.96540d5d7fc695fa926bf7c82fc6789b.jpg

20221118_222653.thumb.jpg.ee213d0c47d964354cb894d843708dd6.jpg

20221118_222655.thumb.jpg.e4c41ee3c20221bacf487f690e14b581.jpg

20221118_231449.thumb.jpg.faa9b4a206bef698eb82342bfa373169.jpg

20221118_231518.thumb.jpg.ddc95465d1ec4e9cc6764007e8fb4d08.jpg

20221118_231552.thumb.jpg.16b029812d3d6dc52cb1b049b9c12992.jpg

20221118_233513.thumb.jpg.ba872e4ba8dc33fd9dc9a8b4adddb1f7.jpg

King's X killed it tonight at Come And Take It Live in Austin. I thought there were two openers but the middle band didn't play so King's X went on at 9pm and just destroyed. The set was heavy on the new album (which was fine with me) but the big surprise was what they didn't play. I'll omit song titles in case any of you are going to Houston and want to be surprised.
All in all, a fucking great show from a fucking great band.

• Like 1

King's X killed it tonight at Come And Take It Live in Austin. I thought there were two openers but the middle band didn't play so King's X went on at 9pm and just destroyed. The set was heavy on the new album (which was fine with me) but the big surprise was what they didn't play. I'll omit song titles in case any of you are going to Houston and want to be surprised.
All in all, a fucking great show from a fucking great band.

Agreed. Very surprised by what they left out. Took my son (his first "real" concert), and he asked if I was ready to go, I told him "they still haven't played ____ or _____". As they started talking down the drum set he just said "I got bad news for you dad."
  • Like 1

A few shots from Experience Hendrix last night.  Really enjoyed Eric Johnson and DB2.  Definitely not enough Dweezil.  Slide Brothers were good but not totally my style.  Wylde very talented but man he's overpowering.  Really impressed by Cesar Rosas and of course KWS brought down the house.  Chris Layton played for a good 3+ hours straight.  

PXL_20221205_035637792.jpg

PXL_20221205_042515009.jpg

PXL_20221205_032405173.jpg

PXL_20221205_024521364.jpg

PXL_20221205_022102127.jpg

PXL_20221205_045716293.jpg

PXL_20221205_025543528.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Thinking about a destination festival for Texas Country, Outlaw type music.  Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, Casey Donahew, Colter Wall type stuff.  Don't have any experience with any of them, so I don't know what is available.  Would prefer if they have premium seating packages available for the olds who don't want to stand and are willing to pay for convenience.  I have seen pics of Steamboat, Cabo, etc. but want to solicit opinions and ideas if any are willing to offer.  Destination can be domestic or international.  Just want a good time in a distant land.  TIA.

10 minutes ago, Ifiwaspresident said:

Thinking about a destination festival for Texas Country, Outlaw type music.  Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, Casey Donahew, Colter Wall type stuff.  Don't have any experience with any of them, so I don't know what is available.  Would prefer if they have premium seating packages available for the olds who don't want to stand and are willing to pay for convenience.  I have seen pics of Steamboat, Cabo, etc. but want to solicit opinions and ideas if any are willing to offer.  Destination can be domestic or international.  Just want a good time in a distant land.  TIA.

https://mile0fest.com/line-up/  

24 minutes ago, Ifiwaspresident said:

Does Ft Worth ever cross your mind?

On 12/2/2022 at 9:55 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Wet Leg tonight.  Fun as hell. 

IMG_5582.MOV 25.3 MB · 0 downloads  

EFDEC683-1544-4-BE6-810-E-6-E48496-F13-D

Modest Mouse in two weeks - playing Lonesome Crowded West in its entirety. So so excited. 

Which show are you seeing? Mrs C-Man and I are going to see tomorrow night's show in Dallas. I'm digging through recent setlists to see what we can expect. I'm praying we get "Night on the Sun" in the encore.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Philly 

Have fun. It wound up being a pretty good show. I wasn't overly familiar with a lot of Lonesome Crowded West other than "Trailer Trash" and "Bankrupt on Selling" before listening through earlier in the week. We saw them at High Water Fest in Charleston in April and that was the only other time I've seen them before. Needless to say early MM is different than "Float On" or some of their other more-approachable work.

I nearly pulled the ripcord within 15 mins of walking into Southside Ballroom last night for a couple of reasons -- first, it was fucking jam packed. I haven't seen that many people in that venue since maybe Ryan Bingham three or four years ago. It was uncomfortably full. I also knew my wife wasn't really super-pumped about the show. I'm glad we stuck it out, though, because I enjoyed it. I think she liked it more than she expected. And the people watching was top-notch. MM draws an, ahem, interesting demographic. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but there were a lot of rough-looking folks in the crowd.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Have fun. It wound up being a pretty good show. I wasn't overly familiar with a lot of Lonesome Crowded West other than "Trailer Trash" and "Bankrupt on Selling" before listening through earlier in the week. We saw them at High Water Fest in Charleston in April and that was the only other time I've seen them before. Needless to say early MM is different than "Float On" or some of their other more-approachable work.

I nearly pulled the ripcord within 15 mins of walking into Southside Ballroom last night for a couple of reasons -- first, it was fucking jam packed. I haven't seen that many people in that venue since maybe Ryan Bingham three or four years ago. It was uncomfortably full. I also knew my wife wasn't really super-pumped about the show. I'm glad we stuck it out, though, because I enjoyed it. I think she liked it more than she expected. And the people watching was top-notch. MM draws an, ahem, interesting demographic. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but there were a lot of rough-looking folks in the crowd.

LCW is a Mt Rushmore album for me. Their stuff since 04 or whatever is meh to me. I’m stoked. 

we also got vip tickets for a table on the balcony cause I’m too old to be pushed around a floor now. 

• Hook 'Em 2