Concerts you are attending

bamachine

23 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Anyone going to Taylor Swift ?

her opening shows are getting rave reviews. 44 songs / 3+ hours 

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/taylor-swift-3bd6bc5c.html?

Taylor Swift Kiss GIF by The Voice

Older daughter and wife on April 1st at JerryWorld. I'm preparing my crotch to be kicked thoroughly with my oldest complaining that the seats were such that she couldn't see Taylor much or at all. Never mind the utter hell I went through to get those tickets after 4 hours of waiting for the shitshow to allow me to purchase the only seats left in the place which are in the corner to the left of stage. It's a thankless f'ing job. At least the younger one was appreciative of me getting us tickets for the Cure the other day. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Older daughter and wife on April 1st at JerryWorld. I'm preparing my crotch to be kicked thoroughly with my oldest complaining that the seats were such that she couldn't see Taylor much or at all. Never mind the utter hell I went through to get those tickets after 4 hours of waiting for the shitshow to allow me to purchase the only seats left in the place which are in the corner to the left of stage. It's a thankless f'ing job. At least the younger one was appreciative of me getting us tickets for the Cure the other day. 

the reviews are saying to avoid the floor seats, you miss the ‘stage’ show 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the reviews are saying to avoid the floor seats, you miss the ‘stage’ show 

The one decent thing about that shitfest of a stadium is there's the massive screen which is how she'll watch most of the show. The stage, from the time I bought tickets, seems to be one where TS will go out towards the middle of the field for a bunch of songs. That's where she'll see her more. Oldest was freaking out a bit thinking she would see nothing but there's supposed to be tons of screens all around. The tickets weren't cheap so it would suck to pay that much to see nothing. But it's a long show with tons of hits and it's more about the communal experience at a place like JerryWorld. It's a shitty concert venue.

Edited by mdmost

On 3/20/2023 at 12:15 PM, tx 3 putt said:

my wife and ten year old are going to one of the nrg shows.  got them good seats close to the bottom of the first level.  i don't see how she could possibly keep doing anywhere near 44 songs even with the breaks in between.

No Taylor Swift, but...

Vio-lence & Hellhammer in 2 days in Houston

Mastodon & Gojira May 6 about 2 miles from my house in the ATL burbs

Voivod & Imperial Triumphant - May 18 in ATL

Possessed - May 22 in ATL

Edited by zlavydra
spelling

17 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

No Taylor Swift, but...

black page brewery by white oak is a very nice spot (walkable). no food, but they might have a food truck. lot of fun spots in that whole area, food and bars

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anybody have some insight to getting Zach Bryan tickets?  This was supposed to be my sons birthday present. We both registered to buy tickets in the lottery for several shows and weren’t selected for any. His tickets are only available through AXS and supposedly they will be matching IDs to tickets to try to prevent scalping. 
I applaud this but it has made getting tickets hard.  There are some available on vivid but his people are adamant that those tickets are not going to be valid. If anyone got a pair and is thinking about putting them on the AXS marketplace, let me know so I can time it when you do. 

Busy Spring:

3/24 - Drive-By Truckers
3/30 - Lucero
4/7 - Watchhouse
4/16 - Widespread Panic
4/20 - Shakey Graves in SA
4/25 - Ween in Dallas
4/26 - Ween in Houston
4/30 - Mason Jennings
5/2 - Gaslight Anthem in SA
5/4 - The Nude Party
5/6 - Damien Jurado
5/11,12,13 - Isbell

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, zlavydra said:

No Taylor Swift, but...

https://www.chron.com/culture/music/article/hells-heroes-2023-17851609.php

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:18 PM, sidis said:

ludovico einaudi is doing a show at bass on 4/4 that i somehow completely fucking missed prior to today.  he's one of my favorite contemporary composers.  just grabbed tix. 

I’ve had tix for this since Jan. Really looking forward to it. That week is gonna be busy for me. 

Sat - Houndmouth in Ft Worth

wed - Einaudi at Bass Hall

thurs - Built to Spill at Granada

Fuck work. I got music to hear.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Saw Cooley by himself at Sons of Hermann a little while back

Full band tonight 

PXL_20230324_003447752.jpg

Fun? Looks like a great set list and Patterson said it was his favorite show of the year so far.
Expecting a good one tonight since it’s his birthday. 

Wife & I will be at Jerry World 3/31. She bought the tickets, I got the bill. If anyone is in need of a highly functioning kidney let me know.

• Haha 1

Attended the 3/24 show in Vegas with the fam.  She played Allegiant stadium and was on stage for just over 3 hours, only taking 1-2 minutes breaks for wardrobe changes.  I'm not much of a Swifty, but it was pretty entertaining.  Apparently Marcus Mumford came on and did a song with her the next night, I'm bummed because I would have enjoyed seeing that.

Edited by BTW

8 minutes ago, BTW said:

Attended the 3/24 show in Vegas with the fam.  She played Allegiant stadium and was on stage for just over 3 hours, only taking 1-2 minutes breaks for wardrobe changes.  I'm not much of a Swifty, but it was pretty entertaining.  Apparently Marcus Mumford came on and did a song with her the next night, I'm bummed because I would have enjoyed seeing that.

her show is on TikTok live stream nightly, it’s a good show 

Saw BJ Barham at the Bluebird in Nashvegas last weekend.  Damn what a writer.  Saddest songs ever to play mixed with funny ass stories.  I can't tell you the saddest song but damn, there was a song about his mom with dementia and opioid problem, a song about his wife having a miscarriage, a song about a guy losing his wife to cancer, songs about divorce, a million reference to substance abuse.  It was glorious.  

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Litig8r said:

Saw BJ Barham at the Bluebird in Nashvegas last weekend.  Damn what a writer.  Saddest songs ever to play mixed with funny ass stories.  I can't tell you the saddest song but damn, there was a song about his mom with dementia and opioid problem, a song about his wife having a miscarriage, a song about a guy losing his wife to cancer, songs about divorce, a million reference to substance abuse.  It was glorious.  

Why was it awesome to me?  Google told me this and I believe it 100%  https://theswaddle.com/why-some-people-love-sad-music-and-others-dont/ 

17 hours ago, Litig8r said:

I wore my American Aquarium t-shirt the T-swift concert I mentioned two posts above yours.

I'm an investor in a music publishing company that has a current deal with BJ.  He really is a gifted song writer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GenXer said:

Apr shows

Houndmouth at Tannahill’s in Ft Worth

Ludovico Einaudi at Fair Park

Built to Spill at Granada

Everclear in Plano

GA-20 at the restaurant at Granada

Ravonettes in Ft Worth

I really enjoyed GA-20.  I was baffled that they didn't have a bass player.

Also, it sounds like 8 of my Texas buddies are flying up for the MM/Pixies show.  Gonna be a lot of beer, weed, and disc golf.  Its going to be glorious!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 6:31 PM, locodos said:

Just bought tickets for Drive by Truckers...  cautiously looking forward to hearing them live

Not sure why you'd be cautiously looking forward to it.  They're fucking awesome.

Upcoming for me:

4/7 Built to Spill- White Oak

4/15 & 4/16 Widespread Panic- ACL ATX

6/16 Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade- White Oak

Just now, Tylerocks said:

Not sure why you'd be cautiously looking forward to it.  They're fucking awesome.

Upcoming for me:

4/7 Built to Spill- White Oak

4/15 & 4/16 Widespread Panic- ACL ATX

6/16 Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade- White Oak

Because I'm not much of a country music guy...  actually I generally dislike country "twang" and overtly southern accents (I'm from Virginia and a fake or amplified accent is like ice picks in my ears).  But I have heard they are a great "rock" show, the tickets are cheap, and the venue is a short walk from my house...  Worse case scenario, I'll shove some Skoal in my back pocket (for esthetic purposes only) and drink expensive warm beer for a few hours (or less) and bar hop home.

But I have a newly found affinity for Southern rock and I do like "Gravity's Gone" 

I got their recent set lists and I made a playlist in Spotify so that by the time the show rolls around I'll at least be familiar with some of the stuff they're likely to play.

So far "3 Dimes Down", "Daddy's Cup",  and "The Driver" are also doing it for me.   I want to like them, but we'll see.

20 minutes ago, locodos said:

Because I'm not much of a country music guy...  actually I generally dislike country "twang" and overtly southern accents (I'm from Virginia and a fake or amplified accent is like ice picks in my ears).  But I have heard they are a great "rock" show, the tickets are cheap, and the venue is a short walk from my house...  Worse case scenario, I'll shove some Skoal in my back pocket (for esthetic purposes only) and drink expensive warm beer for a few hours (or less) and bar hop home.

But I have a newly found affinity for Southern rock and I do like "Gravity's Gone" 

I got their recent set lists and I made a playlist in Spotify so that by the time the show rolls around I'll at least be familiar with some of the stuff they're likely to play.

So far "3 Dimes Down", "Daddy's Cup",  and "The Driver" are also doing it for me.   I want to like them, but we'll see.

Lucky for you, they're not really "country"

Southern?  Sure

Kind of "country" the same way Skynyrd or the Allman Bros are.

If you like loud, guitar driven rock shows...you'll have a good time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Lucky for you, they're not really "country"

Southern?  Sure

Kind of "country" the same way Skynyrd or the Allman Bros are.

If you like loud, guitar driven rock shows...you'll have a good time.

agree to disagree...   Alt-country not mainstream country

and that's what I'm counting on

55 minutes ago, DToro said:

Got my tix to see Mana tomorrow at the AT&T center in SA. One of my top 5 bands. They always put on a great show. They stage show effects are good. The smoke show of all the hot mamacitas in the halls is way better. 

Fucking love Mana.