Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Twenty One Pilots has been announced as the Friday music act at COTA for the USGP on Friday 10/22.

Billy Joel has already been announced as the act for the Saturday 10/23 concert.

I attend all three days every year for the race itself, so whoever the muscial acts are, is always just icing on the cake.  But it's been decades since I saw Billy Joel and I've never seen Twenty One Pilots, so I'm looking forward to it.

this is incredible. not sure how to pull off a 2 week trip to barcelona june of next year, but may need to happen.

Primavera Sound has announced the lineup for its 2022 festival in Barcelona, which will span two weekends with different artists playing each. On the first weekend (June 2-4), headliners include Pavement, the Strokes, Massive Attack, Tame Impala, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Gorillaz, and Tyler, the Creator. The following weekend Lorde, Dua Lipa, Megan Thee Stallion, Interpol, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing, with Massive Attack, Tyler, the Strokes, Tame Impala, and Gorillaz among returnees playing both weekends. Find the roster on the festival posters below; more artists will be announced in the coming months.

Some others playing the first weekend: Bikini Kill, Kacey Musgraves, Earl Sweatshirt, the National, Beck, Charli XCX, Caroline Polachek, Jorja Smith, Beach House, Caribou, Shellac, Jamie xx, 100 gecs, Dinosaur Jr., Kim Gordon, Sharon Van Etten, King Krule, Yo La Tengo, Rina Sawayama, Big Freedia, Brockhampton, Fontaines D.C., Weyes Blood, Helado Negro, slowthai, Disclosure, Ben UFO, and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard. Several artists will also play indoor shows in Barcelona throughout the week.

At the second installment, Charli XCX and King Gizzard are among those playing second sets. You can also find Big Thief, Run the Jewels, M.I.A., Jay Electronica, Jessie Ware, Slowdive, Mogwai, Playboi Carti, Courtney Barnett, Brittany Howard, Dry Cleaning, Japanese Breakfast, Burna Boy, Clairo, Pa Salieu, India Jordan, Squid, Special Interest, Romy, Sky Ferriera, the Weather Station, Arooj Aftab, and Angel Bat Dawid.

unnamed%2520(9).jpeg

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

just booked this.  i'll be doing ohana in cali the next weekend.  gotta make up for lost shows!

vioi51bup34o.jpeg

Oh man, I’m so envious. Good for you! 
I love PJ, but have never taken the opportunity to see them live. Ugh.

Hope you have a great time!

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

just booked this.  i'll be doing ohana in cali the next weekend.  gotta make up for lost shows!

vioi51bup34o.jpeg

FYI, if you haven't booked a hotel yet there isn't much available. I had the tickets from last year, and when they sent the lineup earlier today realized I hadn't booked a place yet.  Wound up finding just about the last room anywhere remotely close to there and paying waaay to much money (refundable so hopefully more will open).

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

Anybody on the insider list or whatever with Leon Bridges?  Says he’s coming to Austin but you have to unlock some deal in his site to get venue and date.  I don’t like signing up for shit.  Thanks 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Bought tickets for Modest Mouse’s new tour. Should be a lot of fun even if they’re coming through my town in the middle of the week 

I am planning on getting tickets to see them.  They are playing 4 shows at Brooklyn Steel in August.  

Polo and Pan will play in December, so I am down for that as well.  

We just got Foo tickets at MSG.  Thinking about GnR at MetLife, but tickets are about double what they were at Reliant in Houston in 2016, and it is going to be fucking tough to top that show.  

Might go to Springsteen on Broadway.

• Hook 'Em 1

St. Vincent in October.
While I am a big fan, this is my first time seeing her live. How good is she?

Seen her twice. She’s good live, not exceptional. Live she sounds just like her albums. You either like that or are a bit disappointed she doesn’t get out of her comfort zone more on stage.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Magnetic Fields in November and The Spits in Baltimore in February.  Looking forward to the mindlessness of The Spits--tired and lonely, tired and bored, can't get high on my alcohol no more.  Debating seeing Modest Mouse in August.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, Mdhorn said:

The Magnetic Fields in November and The Spits in Baltimore in February. 

Tragically underrated band.  Love them, never seen 'em live.  

Give somebody all my rep today if you have a apple music or spotify account and can figure out when leon Bridges is coming to Austin...

https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/lbtoursignup/

They really make it hard these days.  Thanks

On 6/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, Mdhorn said:

The Magnetic Fields in November and The Spits in Baltimore in February.  Looking forward to the mindlessness of The Spits--tired and lonely, tired and bored, can't get high on my alcohol no more.  Debating seeing Modest Mouse in August.

Man, this got me thinking about these guys again.  Wrapping up work right now listening to Strange Powers and the Book of Love.  I know I need to move onto other albums, but also reminded me I've never seen them live.  I wore the hell outta two of their vinyls about 10 years ago, but don't know where the time nor the music went.  Guess that's the story of my life lately.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, this got me thinking about these guys again.  Wrapping up work right now listening to Strange Powers and the Book of Love.  I know I need to move onto other albums, but also reminded me I've never seen them live.  I wore the hell outta two of their vinyls about 10 years ago, but don't know where the time nor the music went.  Guess that's the story of my life lately.  

Did u like their album about trains? That’s how I got into them. The charm of the highway strip. Then got into 69 love songs or something like that. They know how to craft a song and they’re really smart.  But I love dumb punk too. It’s just expensive to see them and traditionally won’t spend more than $20 or $25 to see someone but since bands no longer sell albums…sure. It’s not that I’m cheap but it’s going to cost another ticket in fees. And I really hate supporting price gouging.

Edited by Mdhorn

On 6/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, 4th&Five said:

I RSVP'd too but yeah, I'm too old and it's way too hot for that shit.

They're out at that ranch in Lockhart tomorrow too but I can't make it.

ended up making it out to this. surprisingly the venue was never even close to full...i think partially because they made it a 21+ show at the last minute. great show, just as good as the last time i saw them at antone's. played 3 very good covers, everybody knows this is nowhere, sweet virginia, and freebird as the encore. really good to get out and see some live music again. 

• Hook 'Em 1