Concerts you are attending

bamachine

if venues start implementing attendance reductions...what of those that are already sold out? maybe artists will add more shows to space them out??

maybe we'll get lucky and they will require proof of vaccination and/or negative test w/in 24 hours before admittance. 

sigh. bracing for another cancellation...missed Sturgill Simpson spring 2020, feels like Glass Animals in a month is on sketchy ground.

Gary Clark, Jr. tomorrow night at the new Moody Amphitheater.  He's always great live, but want to hang in the way, way back for breeze/covid purposes.  Plus I really just want to see the new venue and hear how it sounds.  

Can you bring blankets and coolers into waterloo park for gary clark? website not real clear…

I don’t think it’s just a stage in a park like the old days. It’s an amphitheater with seating now. That said, the venue probably doesn’t even know, so someone needs to set the standard going forward. Bring chairs, blankets, hammocks, a dog and a giant yeti cooler. I’m sure it’ll be okay.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Can you bring blankets and coolers into waterloo park for gary clark? website not real clear…

Blankets and 1 water bottle I think.  No coolers.  You should get an email from LiveNation with all the rules.  Beer selection was pretty lame, but the place is nice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Small blankets are permitted. Coolers are not allowed.

https://www.moodyamphitheater.com/general-information-faq

Lists of permitted and prohibited items are at that link.

• Like 1

You should really quit posting and safely exit the park.  I'm sure the weather will pass.  Have a great rest of the weekend and be safe.  

I take back all that stuff I said about you.  

Edited by Lobo

I've been to a couple shows so far here in Philly. Japanese Breakfast (venue similar to Bomb Factory) and Wilco/Sleater Kinney (venue like Starplex). In both cases, the artists required proof of vaccination and the venues asked for masks to be worn. Enforcement of the latter is basically impossible, but most people were compliant.

It was great to be back at shows, especially since I had never managed to catch Wilco before. But it wasn't as cathartic as I would have expected back when nothing was happening last year. Knowing COVID is still everywhere is kind of a downer, even if you trust the crowd you're with.

7 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Khruangbin requiring proof of vaccination/negative test for their Stubb's shows.

Umphrey's Mcgee about to do the same for their Stubb's show next week.   

I'd be fucking fascinated to meet the one anti-vaxx U/M fan in Austin.  

things are so much worse than when i bought my Glass Animals tickets four months ago. it's really hard not to get fucking depressed again...i was feeling so optimistic in back then...😕

anyway... those of you that went to the new Moody amphitheater for Gary Clarke Jr or whoever...how was it? venue says masks at all times...enforced well?

i love Glass Animals...but wearing a mask outdoors the entire time when it's likely to be 95+ degrees at the start...ugh 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, After irth said:

The Skull at White Oak tonight.

Eric, Ron, and Oly from the original Trouble lineup, for those that don’t know.  Two albums under their belt, plus (presumably) a few classic Trouble tubes. 

Gonna Doom out with my tomb out…

Did you go? Are you still alive? RIP Eric Wagner 

59 minutes ago, mchookem said:

things are so much worse than when i bought my Glass Animals tickets four months ago. it's really hard not to get fucking depressed again...i was feeling so optimistic in back then...😕

anyway... those of you that went to the new Moody amphitheater for Gary Clarke Jr or whoever...how was it? venue says masks at all times...enforced well?

i love Glass Animals...but wearing a mask outdoors the entire time when it's likely to be 95+ degrees at the start...ugh 

Not enforced at all.  Usage in beverage lines and bathrooms was decent.  If you have GA, you can certainly spread out if you want, but I had reserved and have not died (yet).

• Like 1

things are so much worse than when i bought my Glass Animals tickets four months ago. it's really hard not to get fucking depressed again...i was feeling so optimistic in back then...

I’m debating the same thing. Have Glass Animals and Primus tickets a few days apart. Both my kid and I, who are going, are vaccinated but my youngest at home isn’t old enough.