Concerts you are attending

bamachine

On 3/19/2022 at 1:10 PM, tfoolry said:

Judas fuckin Priest last night.  Great show. 

I saw them open for Sammy in ‘85. Reunion Arena. My buddies and I were sophomores in HS. The couple next to us bought is beers. One of my buddies got SO SHITFaCED he loaded himself and Luke’s all over our other buddies Dad’s backseat. It had velour seats. 🤢🤮🥴🤣 His Dad got his ass up at 7am the next morning and made him go over and apologize, then pretty much detail the car.  We think he was still drunk. 😂

Oh, the stupid shit we do as kids…

Edited by NTVTXN
Kant spel

A buddy of mine called and asked me if I was going to see Foreigner. I had no idea they were coming around, never was a big fan. I looked up the current band and it's like five hired hands and Mick Jones, who's barely being propped up. I'm sure the hired hand cover band is great, but I think I'll pass.

• Haha 1

Supposed to see Dave Mason on Tuesday but got this email:

The Dave Mason show scheduled for March 26th is being rescheduled due to a viral infection on Dave's vocal cords. We are working closely with his team and expect to send you an updated date very soon.

I went specifically to see COC and Melvins. COC was great but I wish they would play a show in Austin not opening for someone else...the last 3 times I've seen them they've been an opener. 45 minute set...worth the price of admission just to hear Albatross. Melvins always bring the energy and they're weird as fuck so I enjoy that, they've just got so many damned albums I never know half the songs on the setlist.  

• Hook 'Em 1

this sounds great.

See you there @Sbbruin ???

Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson and Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit headline the 2022 Palomino Festival lineup. The inaugural one-day event will be held at Brookside at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on July 9.

Turnpike Troubadours, Orville Peck, Old Crow Medicine Show, Valerie June and Charley Crockett are also aboard for Palomino 2022. Paul Cauthen, Nikki Lane, Morgan Wade, Sierra Ferrell, Langhorne Slim, Amythyst Kiah, Sierra Hull, Low Cut Connie, Jamie Wyatt, Ian Noe, Logan Ledger and The Compton Cowboys round out the inaugural lineup.

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

this sounds great.

See you there @Sbbruin ???

Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson and Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit headline the 2022 Palomino Festival lineup. The inaugural one-day event will be held at Brookside at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on July 9.

Turnpike Troubadours, Orville Peck, Old Crow Medicine Show, Valerie June and Charley Crockett are also aboard for Palomino 2022. Paul Cauthen, Nikki Lane, Morgan Wade, Sierra Ferrell, Langhorne Slim, Amythyst Kiah, Sierra Hull, Low Cut Connie, Jamie Wyatt, Ian Noe, Logan Ledger and The Compton Cowboys round out the inaugural lineup.

spacer.png

Sharon Van Etten, Angel Olsen, and Julien Baker looks great but I don't want to be the only straight male there.  I dig their music but $47 is steep for me for music I enjoy somewhat (not everything)--not crazy about seeing acts outdoors either, especially when their music does better in smaller venues.  Plus, I don't think there's much to their show.    

really weird crowd at that bon iver show...it's like people thought they were going to the symphony. have never seen people get so upset about other people enjoying themselves at a concert. also first time i've ever seen a bathroom attendant at an outdoor music venue. 

13 minutes ago, stc said:

really weird crowd at that bon iver show...it's like people thought they were going to the symphony. have never seen people get so upset about other people enjoying themselves at a concert. also first time i've ever seen a bathroom attendant at an outdoor music venue. 

Yeah agreed. Was bugging me at first but eventually I kind of locked into the show and didn’t notice it as much. Thankfully by the end everyone was up and seemed to have come around. 

That bathroom attendant to the left of the stage was on one. Dude seemed happy in his work at least. 

Same experience for Beach House at Moody outdoors. Weird crowd. Lawn sucks. Beer was a fortune (but at least they had ABW tall boys?) I dunno, i drank canned wine just to maximize my buzz value. Not a huge fan of the logistics of the venue but the setting was pretty awesome. Wish they could calibrate the prices with the bands a bit better. People should pay $15/beer at a freakin indie gig.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wife and I caught Bon Iver in Dallas, well Las Colinas, last night. I couldn't believe how packed Toyota Music Factory was. The lawn was completely full and the entire section that is some seats and GA/pit normally was completely filled with seats. Not an empty to be seen. Always thought Bon Iver was a lot nitch-ier than that. Weird crowd demo too. We were in Section 301, which are actually still pretty good in that venue. 

I have to admit I haven't been quite as into Bon Iver since the For Emma and the album that immediately followed. They're fantastic when they just jam and play more traditional-sounding tunes. I think a lot of his more recent stuff is just way too experimental. I enjoyed it nonetheless. I also want to chime in that beer at concerts has gotten absurdly priced.

I always pack a soft flask for shows.  This week was Wet Leg, Geese, and The Shivas.  Flask of tequila at each show.  Oh, and microdose mushrooms for the win.  150mg capsules.  Highly recommended.  No visuals, just happy feelings.

9 hours ago, Nuge said:

I always pack a soft flask for shows.  This week was Wet Leg, Geese, and The Shivas.  Flask of tequila at each show.  Oh, and microdose mushrooms for the win.  150mg capsules.  Highly recommended.  No visuals, just happy feelings.

How was Wet Leg? Think I'm going to see them in August in Dallas.

Edited by C-Man