Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Had tickets for Sammy/Whitesnake/Night Ranger in 20. Snake was cancelled from the bill that spring for Coverdale to have surgery. Show ended up cancelled as a whole, obviously. No rebook. 

Oh well. Not like I haven’t seen them all several times anyway. Got Sammy in August, take 2. Was a recent addition, and wats up some of my ticketbastard credit. Guess he’ll have Thorogood with him, so that may be alright. Haven’t seen him live in probably 25-30 years.

41 minutes ago, sidis said:

you sandbaggin' sonofabitch, you weren't just there in spirit!

i was at both shows as well but i sat high for both. 

BF6EF2D1-B02E-4286-ACDC-16C5D95C9925.thumb.jpeg.1b752823bcd13f84074979c3516cc1ce.jpeg

A6CA9409-60FF-4963-BD81-12C11446A1ED.thumb.jpeg.f8e609a1d516aaa7371f41c393a0156b.jpeg

Those aren't my videos.. just pulled them from YouTube. I was there last night though... sent you a private message.

Jack White next week at the Moody! i've wanted to see him for years...i wonder if he plays songs from all his various incarnations (Raconteurs, Deadweather, etc) whatever, won't matter! really looking forward to it, should be my last concert in Austin  
hoping my next show will be at Red Rocks...NIN in September looks good...

He’s playing stuff from all across his catalog. Check setlist.fm if you want spoilers.

well that was awesome. he did do stuff from every group including some of my favorites! 

last concert i attended was Tool in SA...Jack is so into the crowd, he pulls us in with him so effortlessly,  just this great, positive vibe the whole crowd gets into. he knows what the audience wants and he gives it, over and over and over lol. quite the contrast to grumpy Maynard 😄 (i ❤️ Tool)

plus he just SHREDS, it's mesmerizing 😎 i lost count of the guitars...had to be at least 15! 

he dedicated Love is Selfish to Johnny Depp, like sincerely i think. personally i think Love Interruption would have been more appropriate😆

nice venue, pretty cramped seats though...a show like that where you want to fucking rock out, it's pretty tight. i managed 🤘😁

and i AM going to NIN at Red Rocks in September! bucket list, can't wait!! 😁

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sounds like a couple of us will be out in Napa next week.

We’re just going Friday and maybe Saturday. Sat and Sun lineups aren’t blowing my skirt up. There’s a group of us and they’re mostly interested in pool parties and wine, as opposed to festivals. Hopefully Friday will scratch my wife and I’s festival itch.

If any of you see a 6’5” 40 year old dude with shaggy hair around the Fantastic Negrito, Marcus King, Spoon or CHVRCHES stages, come awkwardly say hi. I would wear my “I’m from the internet shirt” but I don’t think my wife will let me.

Yeah, I’m only interested in seeing Michael Franti on Sunday. Although Warren G has a short set that will be great (based on his appearance last year). We’ll definitely be at Fantastic Negrito after Bastardane. 
I’ll be the tatted, bald head dude with a long goatee. 

I’ll be one of a million old fat bearded guys I’m guessing. Maybe I’ll bring my Shaggy burnt orange Austin cap and see if anyone recognizes it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ll be one of a million old fat bearded guys I’m guessing. Maybe I’ll bring my Shaggy burnt orange Austin cap and see if anyone recognizes it.

If we cross paths at a beer line, I’ll buy ya one. Y’all GA or VIP? 

A Jack White show is loud, non stop, raucous, energetic and I'll say it again, loud.  In other words, its a perfect rock show.  Last night was no exception. His backing band was as tight as could be, and Jack is a damn lead guitar beast.  It was a good crowd too.  The upper deck was closed off and the entire lower bowl was pretty much filled up. Damn good show.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, stc said:

i must've caught the wrong jack white tour. saw him at COTA a couple years ago and it was mediocre at best. very lackadaisical performance.

I was at that show as well.  And, you aren't totally wrong.  I thought last night's show was much better than the one out at COTA.

i bet it was mostly the venue...he really seems to feed off the crowd and COTA doesn't exactly lend itself to that. 

or maybe he was having an off night lol. either way, last night he was all over the stage and seemed to have tons of energy. i'm super happy i got to see him... and i love that drummer! 😄 

i must've caught the wrong jack white tour. saw him at COTA a couple years ago and it was mediocre at best. very lackadaisical performance. 

That show was boring AF. Saw him the tour before that at Austin Music Hall and that was one of the best shows I’ve ever been to.

16 minutes ago, Stringer said:

GA. First time so want the lay of the land before going VIP.

I’ll take you up on that beer if we meet up.

BottleRock does a great job of providing up close viewing for each wristband level. GA does require more walking between the two main stages if you want to get up close. And beer stands are everywhere (rarely a line). 

I’ll be wearing Celtics gear tomorrow (hoping they close it out). 

I’ve got my wife and her sister committed to arriving in Napa by 11 (driving in from Davis) so I can see Kosha Dillz at 12. 

Looking forward to possibly meeting up with some fellow Longhorn fans tomorrow in you and @Buzzrock; and seeing some kick-ass acts. 

I should probably stop drinking now. Well, maybe one more. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Delta Charlie said:

A Jack White show is loud, non stop, raucous, energetic and I'll say it again, loud.  In other words, its a perfect rock show.  Last night was no exception. His backing band was as tight as could be, and Jack is a damn lead guitar beast.  It was a good crowd too.  The upper deck was closed off and the entire lower bowl was pretty much filled up. Damn good show.

My pops had me over for dinner Wednesday and told me he could have gone and seen Jack White that night instead with one of his friends (his wife - my step-mom - was out of town). 

I'm a serious burden on my family. If that was me I'd tell my kid "yeah something came up we'll try another night". 

Uh . . . my daughter's band has been trying to book an east coast tour.  They just landed Mercury Lounge in NYC this August.
If that holds, I may be visiting you Gotham surlies and would be up for beers & a show.

That’s pretty cool
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, Delta Charlie said:

Nailed it

man what an incredible show. 
told my girlfriend beforehand when she asked if I thought she’d enjoy it: I said idk, but i do know it’s going  to be f’ing loud and it’s going to be awesome.

Definitely both.

Loved the setlist. SRV Scuttle Buttin’ cover during the encore was a nice touch 

Recent shows: 

Ministry -- loud, fun, Melvins were a great opener, setlist was very political as usual, Al with more energy than I expected:

image.thumb.jpeg.88228cb1d6a0fd7e68cfe550505a966e.jpeg

Girl Talk was everything you'd expect -- hot, sweaty, drunken, tons of dancers onstage, bubbles, confetti, beach balls, everybody dancing from opener to closer:

image.thumb.jpeg.6828761f1692b92e09f0e1124d9838e1.jpeg

Gojira opened for Deftones but I like to think of it as the Gojira show because they were fucking awesome, I am surprised the arena is still standing after the bludgeoning hammer they laid down for an hour:

image.thumb.jpeg.6d2686615447dd367d714c07e2ae5bed.jpeg

Cradle of Filth was fun, Dani was in good voice and with surprisingly good energy despite a lame crowd:

image.thumb.jpeg.6147aedcce378f2e8ad05c4a357f44a6.jpeg

Danzig was totally out of shape but the show was fun, he still preened around like he was 25, no Misfits tunes but still a decent show: 

image.thumb.jpeg.a9fd9e15abf730ff5615345c8014e1df.jpeg

Overall Gojira was far and away the best band of those bands. They were tight and deafening and left a crater smoldering after they finished. However the best crowd energy was for Ministry -- they went crazy, the pits were brutal, and there was no one sitting. I know Al hates performing but they did a great job and the crowd was in it 100%. 

Taking my daughter to see Macca in NYC in a few weeks -- cannot wait. Paul puts on the best shows I've ever seen, and this one won't disappoint. Also have Crue / Leppard, Anthrax / Black Label Society / Hatebreed, and Rammstein on the horizon. So glad shows are back! 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, HeHateMe said:

Going to Slightly Stoopid at Red Rocks in August. Never been and always wanted to see a show there.  Pumped.

Seeing them Aug 6th in Boca with Pepper, both great shows

Rebelution this weekend -Boca

Stick Figure June 25th - Also Boca

Iration July 23rd - St Pete

And Heading to Mexico again in December for the Closer to the Sun Festival:

image.thumb.png.eff4ffdce80c9f59fdb23170a77f2bd0.png