Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Murder City Devils at Mohawk. I fucking love the MCDs. Always a great show and 99% of the audience worships them. Beer is flying and the entire floor is a pit. It doesn’t get much better than that.

The drummer’s other band, Big Business, opened and they kicked my ass. I’d listened a bit to them but live, they blew the doors off.

DEEP CREEP, the bassist’s other band was first up. Kinda in the vein as MCDs but with a chick vocalist and a bit more 50s rockabilly influence. They were good also.

They’re in Houston tonight and Dallas after that. Check them out. You won’t be disappointed.

Set list:

7af0e260ad3aa8e716ee7b97f9128bb9.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 8:51 PM, Ty Webb said:

I just saw Paul McCartney at the O2 in London. Fucking amazing show. Ringo and Ronnie Wood came out for the tour debut of Get Back.

I just picked up a pair of tickets to see him in Arlington for me and my ten year old.  Saw him in 2013 with my, then, eight year old (the ten year old's brother).  Figured this was a "first concert" tradition worth repeating.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trubbaman said:

Crank it up, fellow Austin olds. Bob Mould is at Mohawk April 3 and Robin Trower is at the Moody April 24.

its 1992 all over again.  saw poi dog pondering this weekend. great show as always.  Bob Mould is next up.  Sugar at Liberty Lunch might have been the best concert I saw there.  haven't seen him in a while.  now just need a real live Soulhat and Arch Angels for the 1992 Austin Grand Slam.

Edited by dcar00

good month ahead...

1/30 Bottle Rockets
2/7 Colter Wall
2/8 Vince Staples
2/12 J Roddy, Murder By Death, Jonny Fritz
2/14 Alabama
2/15 BJ Barham
2/17 Rainbow Kitten Surprise
2/22 Hayes Carll
2/28 Damien Jurado
3/3 Innings Fest (Vedder, Band of Horses, Shakey Graves)

Just bought tix to Jim James, Josh Ritter and Deer Tick in May and June.  Should be a fun Summer.

Edited by 4th&Five

On 1/24/2019 at 12:20 PM, tbone_ said:

Fucking ticket prices are insane these days. Just got offered two for Elton John on sat, which I would love to see, face $700 for the pair.

Ain’t happening.

Maybe I went to too many $12 shows back in the day. Whatever. Get off my lawn.

Went out to eat with the wife and we were talking about the EJ tour, I thought he was pretty much done with the states (I'd looked into going last fall), almost bought 2 tix for Tulsa next Sat, $850 for two, wife even agreed that was too much.  Checked some more, end of spring break, Mar 15 in Jacksonville, 2 tix $580, pulled the trigger.  Will be a nice road trip, last chance to see Elton, never seen him before, just couldn't pass it up.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, tbone_ said:

Fucking ticket prices are insane these days. Just got offered two for Elton John on sat, which I would love to see, face $700 for the pair.

Ain’t happening.

He’s going to be in my area(Albany,NY) in March and want to see him one last time but, yeah, prices are through the roof.  Still may do it hoping the price goes down more reasonably. 

Anyone see Heart lately?  Worth seeing?  They’ll be in Saratoga Springsin July with Sheryl Crow, whom I like, opening.  The wife saw them back when she was in HS, I never have.  Not a huge fan but enjoy them well enough.  

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Murder By Death and J. Roddy Walston at Mohawk last night. Solid show. JRW is fantastic live. Catch them before they blow up. MBD covered Iron Maiden’s Wasted Years. They were good.

i thought the same when i saw them at acl festival in like 2011. not sure they're gonna get any bigger than they currently are. 

On 1/24/2019 at 12:20 PM, tbone_ said:

Ain’t happening.

I got an email about a presale for Chris Stapleton in Huntsville(Von Braun Arena) last night. Went there this morning and by the time I could even get on the site, only the nosebleeds were available and only 1 ticket per section, all of them 90 bucks. Dude is awesome but not dropping near 100 for bad seats, especially when I can't take anyone with me to the show. I saw Joan Jett open for Aerosmith back in '90, good seats, 20 each.

44 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Taking Mrs. South Austin to Rainbow Kitten Surprise at Moody Theater on Sunday night.  Saw them last spring at Stubbs, and the prior fall at ACL Fest.  They put on a really great live show. 

I’ll be there too. First time seeing them. They’ll be back in a few months to tape ACL as well.