Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

32 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I disagree. It was chaotic and hurried. There was zero harm in calling a time out. Even leaving your offense out there beforehand and make Alabama believe you were going for it. There were options other than rushing to kick 

The kick was blocked, not shanked 

As unbelieveable as it was to see us up on score late in the game, by far the most surreal moment for me...

Gary Patterson toweling off his face on the sideline

after removing a Longhorns visor to do it. If you told me this at this time last year I'd tell you to take it easy on the shrooms

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

I’m happy and pissed at the same time. Fuck bama for being dirty. That Turner body slam was absolutely meant to hurt Ewers.

That said, three plays we missed may mean we win. Worthy dropped TD. Auburn missed FG. Watts missed sack.

I’m not blaming those players at all as the team played their butts off, but that is one critical mistake in all three phases.

Hook’em and keep coaching them. I’m pleasantly angry and think this can lead to better things in the future.

It’s just that we were there with the plays in front of us and we couldn’t make them. That’s the hump we have to get over this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Depends on the degree.

Yep. I had a borderline grade 3/4 earlier this year which is the definite surgery range and not a chance I was putting weight on it to get up and not a chance the medical team was letting him walk out there without a sling if that was the case. I also don’t think we’d be hearing “clavicle sprain” if there was a full separation. I’m optimistic, but these reports are generally nonsense. Neyor was up in the air with an ACL tear until 2 days later.

I dont think hitting someone in the head with a ball automatically makes it not grounding. If the ball is going to nobody, then it is grounding. Doesnt make sense that they would be benefitted by someone tipping a ball. 

He was down before he threw it. Any other point on the field, they blow the whistle for a sack. Young was dang near face down when he tried to get rid of the ball.
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Should have been intentional grounding which would have resulted in a safety.

probably beating a dead horse here, but I thought his calf was down before ever throwing the ball.  also a no-call on offensive line holding in the endzone should have made that play a safety as well.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

All I want to say is that I was at the game and I have never met a more classless fan base than the Alabama fans. They acted like we didnt belong on the same field witht hem and then started screaming for us to suck their motherfucking dicks as soon as they kicked the last field goal. Then they started chanting SEC. Terrible fucking fans holy shit. 

Had 2 guys around me that were cool as shit, both admitted we would’ve fucked them up with Quinn. Talked to about 7 or 8 after the game and probably 5 of them admitted it too. Also said that was the best away environment they’ve been to

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

All I want to say is that I was at the game and I have never met a more classless fan base than the Alabama fans. They acted like we didnt belong on the same field witht hem and then started screaming for us to suck their motherfucking dicks as soon as they kicked the last field goal. Then they started chanting SEC. Terrible fucking fans holy shit. 

image.gif.da0a2818376d5972d90b49c840bdbb2b.gif

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Had 2 guys around me that were cool as shit, both admitted we would’ve fucked them up with Quinn. Talked to about 7 or 8 after the game and probably 5 of them admitted it too. Also said that was the best away environment they’ve been to

Is this our version of Texasag visiting fan posts jerking off the unparalleled GAMEDAY experience in CS?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

Is this our version of Texasag visiting fan posts jerking off the unparalleled GAMEDAY experience in CS?

Well when they say Texas is a wine and cheese crowd and sec gamedays are like no other. Didn’t ask about the environment, it was their first comment outside of talking about the actual game

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 40acredropout said:

in line at the concession stand during halftime.. talked to 4 Bama fans (No Widows).. they hate aggy more than Auburn and uga..  they said it wasn't because of last season.. Just that they talk as if they had Alabama's success with the bravado they have when describing themselves..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

in line at the concession stand during halftime.. talked to 4 Bama fans (No Widows).. they hate aggy more than Auburn and uga..  they said it wasn't because of last season.. Just that they talk as if they had Alabama's success with the bravado they have when describing themselves..

Did you tell them “welcome to the club”?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Well when they say Texas is a wine and cheese crowd and sec gamedays are like no other. Didn’t ask about the environment, it was their first comment outside of talking about the actual game

I think the reputation was built on shitty home games. Let’s face it how many marquee games have their been in DKR? Texas plays 1 blue blood a year and that is in the Cotton bowl. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I disagree. It was chaotic and hurried. There was zero harm in calling a time out. Even leaving your offense out there beforehand and make Alabama believe you were going for it. There were options other than rushing to kick 

I DVR'ed the game so I went back to look at it. Yes, the clock was running but Bert was in position and ready around 0:06 on the clock and it was snapped right around 0:01 or 0:02. In retrospect, yes, probably not a bad idea to call time there since you had them left. But if anything, you get a delay and move back five yards. I don't think it much bearing on the miss, though. It was just poor execution somewhere.

I still can’t get over when in the first quarter Ewers threw Worthy that 15 yard out on like 3 & 12 and he did an easy toe tap on the sidelines. Klatt audibly laughed in disbelief that Ewers flicked it over there with such ease. There are guys in the NFL who can’t make that throw. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, ousux said:

As unbelieveable as it was to see us up on score late in the game, by far the most surreal moment for me...

Gary Patterson toweling off his face on the sideline

after removing a Longhorns visor to do it. If you told me this at this time last year I'd tell you to take it easy on the shroomsemoji23.png

True….but, ya gotta give a ton of credit to Sark for bringing Patterson in….obvious that we are playing D better….wonder whose idea it was…

35 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I liked when Will Anderson had a late hitter on JT Sanders in the 4th, CJones immediately came and squared up on him.

I don't know why but a trait good teams have is that OL don't put up with any shit. Glad to see it today.

It’s because good teams fight for one another. Too long Texas has not had that kind of cohesion. It’s a primary reason for our shitty decade. A lot of individuals looking out for #1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

To all those claiming how great the Bama fans were.... They are the most two faced fan base I've ever encountered. They will shake your hand, say how you deserved the win, and then walk off with the horns down while you're not looking. Much like their football team.

Don't be fooled. They are the used car salesmen of college football fan bases. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

To all those claiming how great the Bama fans were.... They are the most two faced fan base I've ever encountered. They will shake your hand, say how you deserved the win, and then walk off with the horns down while you're not looking. Much like their football team.

Don't be fooled. They are the used car salesmen of college football fan bases. 

I get the feeling the ones that are friendly are only friendly because they won the last 2 meetings.   When the Horns start to beat them that will change.   

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I still can’t get over when in the first quarter Ewers threw Worthy that 15 yard out on like 3 & 12 and he did an easy toe tap on the sidelines. Klatt audibly laughed in disbelief that Ewers flicked it over there with such ease. There are guys in the NFL who can’t make that throw. 

That was the best throw I have ever seen a TExas QB throw. Deep out to the field and he did it with ease. That is a throw half the starters in the NFL can not make. 

• Hook 'Em 1