Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

44 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude. Did y'all watch the same game? Before he got hurt, Card was playing pretty well. Yes, a one legged Card isnt very good, but he still gutted us out to a lead with a minute and half left. Fucking bitches. 

Yeah, Card is not the reason we lost.  He couldn't step into his throws so he missed a couple of deep balls that we really needed.  But he also hit some passes and that scramble on 2nd and 19 is something Ewers can't do.  I was proud of Card's effort on a gimpy leg.

That said, I'm all for letting Maalik start next week, with some RoJo wildcat, too.  I don't think Card's gonna be 100%, much less Quinn.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude. Did y'all watch the same game? Before he got hurt, Card was playing pretty well. Yes, a one legged Card isnt very good, but he still gutted us out to a lead with a minute and half left. Fucking bitches. 

I agree.   He was getting some rhythm.   We win that game without him hobbling on a weak ankle the rest of the way.   

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

Yeah that's not how it works. "Texas is undefeated this year". Well we were briefly undefeated after one game. See how dumb that sounds?

He lost his 5 star status because California shut down high school school during his junior year. Balled out as a senior and won a state title.

See how dumb that sounds?

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Pretty well isn't the standard. Field goals aren't the standard.

Getting sacked on 3rd down on the play of the game to almost take us out of field goal range, and leave time on the clock for them, so we fucking lose a game against #1 Alabama revenge game we should've won isn't the standard.

You aren’t the standard you whiny little bitch….

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TriStone said:

We have some of the shittiest fucking fans.

We also have some of the weakest thin skinned fans. I’m sorry you think it’s shitty that I expect more from the QB at Texas. I’m glad Card tried his best and gutted through an ankle. I was glad Thompson gutted through a thumb injury last year. That’s awesome. It doesn’t make them good QBs. My comment, while harsh, is true. If we had a better QB, we would have won the game. Period. There are some fans who are just happy to see us the Longhorns field a team and wish them boys the best. This isn’t Hornfans, you’re allowed to criticize the team and coaches. Card is the same as he was last year. He made two good passes today. The rest was garbage. He holds the ball way too long. He needs someone wide open to throw the ball. If someone gets near him, he’s getting sacked. There’s so much more. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

We also have some of the weakest thin skinned fans. I’m sorry you think it’s shitty that I expect more from the QB at Texas. I’m glad Card tried his best and gutted through an ankle. I was glad Thompson gutted through a thumb injury last year. That’s awesome. It doesn’t make them good QBs. My comment, while harsh, is true. If we had a better QB, we would have won the game. Period. There are some fans who are just happy to see us the Longhorns field a team and wish them boys the best. This isn’t Hornfans, you’re allowed to criticize the team and coaches. Card is the same as he was last year. He made two good passes today. The rest was garbage. He holds the ball way too long. He needs someone wide open to throw the ball. If someone gets near him, he’s getting sacked. There’s so much more. 

It’s not about the criticism. It’s that’s the criticism is asinine. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Card was healthy, we win that game. You're being a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

If Card was healthy, we win that game. You're being a bitch. 

I disagree. If Card was healthy, we still lose. I’m being the bitch? Is that why you keep negging all my posts because your little player got criticized?

In fact, didn’t Card get hurt on a forced scramble because he can’t throw unless the WR is wide open?

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Why? Please explain 

Because you're being a bitch. Card wasn't the reason we lost. If Card was healthy, I think it is damn clear we win, probably by multiple scores. He played about a quarter and half before getting injured, and started to do some things. Even injured, he made a few really good plays that were enough to put us in a position to win against the #1 ranked team with by far the best defense we will see this year. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m getting downvotes for calling Card a pussy. Did we all watch the same game? It’s true what they say about the Football board. 

He’s so hobbled he can run for 19 yards against a future NFL defense?! He picks his spots. He’s not a winning QB. 

He clearly looked completely healthy and pain free on that run. Excellent observation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I disagree. If Card was healthy, we still lose. I’m being the bitch? Is that why you keep negging all my posts because your little player got criticized?

Seriously, you don't think a healthy card is worth 1 more point? That's ridiculous. He was terrible last year and I didn't want to see him again. His performance today shocked me in a good way. I'm sorry that you're too miserable to have seen it. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m getting downvotes for calling Card a pussy. Did we all watch the same game? It’s true what they say about the Football board. 

He’s so hobbled he can run for 19 yards against a future NFL defense?! He picks his spots. He’s not a winning QB. 

You've been here long enough not to complain about downvotes. This wasn't the game to criticize Card. We all know what Card is as a QB including his limitations. He's the backup QB for a reason.

It was evident that Card was playing hurt and through pain. He was far from perfect and made several mistakes. But calling him a pussy after a performance where his gait worsened throughout the game is unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He's the backup QB to a rs fresh guy who hadn't taken a meaningful snap in 2 years. He's not a big time QB at this level. Hobbled or not he's backup level and as a backup he came in, didn't throw picks or fumble, and with the defense they were in position to win with a couple of made plays on the last drive of the game. That's the role of a backup QB and he fulfilled it today. 

Expecting a backup QB to come in and decimate possibly the country's best defense is just ridiculous. It's not realistic. He's not Ewers even though the lying shit 9.95ers tried to tell you there was a QB competition and Card should have won it. The first 2 games have proven that to be bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We also have some of the weakest thin skinned fans. I’m sorry you think it’s shitty that I expect more from the QB at Texas. 

It's shitty that you called him garbage, which was shitty, and you said he's the reason we lost, which was not so much shitty as stupid.  I would like more out of the QB, but he's the backup for a reason and he was playing on one leg and still gutted it out.  If you weren't such a misery you'd see that even though this was a loss it could have been far worse, and in the grand scheme of things this doesn't necessarily derail our season or, more importantly, our recruiting class.

Anyway, I'll leave you to fuck off to wherever the fire sark thread is.

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Don't expect more from the back up. You'll get yelled at.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TriStone said:

It's shitty that you called him garbage.  I would like more out of the QB, but he's the backup for a reason and he was playing on one leg and still gutted it out.  If you weren't such a misery you'd see that even though this was a loss it could have been far worse, and in the grand scheme of things this doesn't necessarily derail our season or, more importantly, our recruiting class.

Anyway, I'll leave you to fuck off to wherever the fire sark thread is.

I’m sorry my choice of descriptor hurt your feelings. I will rephrase 

“Card is not that good. He’s the main reason we didn’t win”. Is that better everyone?

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Swoopes’ high school teams were always dog shit. Mack got nervous he was going to pick OU, he made his umpteenth bad evaluation and he pushed for a commitment. Murphy won a state title and destroyed the camp circuit. 

Comparing Murphy to Swoopes is some katfid level regardation. 

Swoopes was briefly a 5 star. That’s a fact jack. 

Edited by Gene Parmesan

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

To the Card blood riders, is he a winning QB. Yes or no? 

Don't know what's hard to understand here. 

He's a backup QB. He's not going to win you a game against a good team. What he showed today is he's capable of managing the game, not turning it over, and allowing the defense to have a chance to win it with a late game stand. Even against Alabama. 

Ewers showed today he can win you a game, even against Alabama. He was torching them in that first Q. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hermanator said:

He's a backup QB. He's not going to win you a game against a good team. What he showed today is he's capable of managing the game, not turning it over, and allowing the defense to have a chance to win it with a late game stand. Even against Alabama. 

Ewers showed today he can win you a game, even against Alabama. He was torching them in that first Q. 

This

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

We just played a team that expects more of their depth chart. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m sorry my choice of descriptor hurt your feelings. I will rephrase 

“Card is not that good. He’s the main reason we didn’t win”. Is that better everyone?

No, not really. He complete 64% of his passes at a greater yds/attempt and per completion than Young with no turnovers, most of that on one leg. Of course Ewers would have done more. Of course you’d like more points. And maybe he’d have gotten them without the injury. But regardless, there were lots of reasons for the loss:

No running game

Uncalled penalties

Bad snap on fg

Missed tackle by Watts

This isn’t like Simms throwing 4 ints in the Big 12 title game. Calling him the “main reason we lost” is just bizarre.

I guess I can’t really explain it, to answer the earlier question, because it’s like we didn’t even watch the same game.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Our backup QB is not the main reason we lost a game. That is just a stupidly absurd statement. Go ahead and sit out this season champ. Your brain is broken. 

It’s amazing he went from possible starter (and previous starter) to just a backup who is a game manager. 

4 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

14/22 158 yards and a deer in the dead lights is not good  

know what’s good?

9/12 134 yards 

Did he turn the ball over? Was it his fault he was playing on a gimp leg? Was it his fault the OL couldn't get a push in the run game all day? Was it his fault the D couldn't get a stop on Bama's last 2 drives? Card may not have done quite enough to win the game, but he sure as fuck didn't do anything to lose the game.

• Hook 'Em 6

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts
  • immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers