Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s amazing he went from possible starter (and previous starter) to just a backup who is a game manager. 

He sucked last year and wasn't ready for college football. His performance today tells me he made a lot of progress over the off season. He may not be a great QB. But he was serviceable, even on one leg, against the best defense we will see this season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Don't know what's hard to understand here. 

He's a backup QB. He's not going to win you a game against a good team. What he showed today is he's capable of managing the game, not turning it over, and allowing the defense to have a chance to win it with a late game stand. Even against Alabama. 

Ewers showed today he can win you a game, even against Alabama. He was torching them in that first Q. 

So Card is a meth head homeless man’s Matt Nordgren?!

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Did he turn the ball over? Was it his fault he was playing on a gimp leg? Was it his fault the OL couldn't get a push in the run game all day? Was it his fault the D couldn't get a stop on Bama's last 2 drives? Card may not have done quite enough to win the game, but he sure as fuck didn't do anything to lose the game.

So you think he can beat utsa and ou?

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s amazing he went from possible starter (and previous starter) to just a backup who is a game manager. 

He didn't. The 9.95 bullshit made you believe he was. He's never shown anything in a game to say he's that guy. That he's anything more than backup level. 

That's the dangers of the 9.95 poison. It makes the fan base believe such garbage shit that they're actually pissed at the backup QB for not carving up the Alabama defense the way Ewers was. A backup QB with a bad ankle at that. Stop reading the 9.95 garbage all offseason. It's fox news for football and takes you completely out of reality. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude, he basically matched Young's performance. Against a better defense. With a worse o line. What are we even talking about here? 

Our defense probably played the greatest game of their lives. They held Alabama to 10 points for 3 quarters. We put up 3 FGs. That’s what I’m talking about here. If we actually scored TDs on any of those drives, we would have won. if Card is just a backup QB isn’t expected to come in and kick ass, then you are proving my point, he kind of sucks. Right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

So you think he can beat utsa and ou?

Healthy, yes actually, I do. Especially if we get this level of effort from the d the rest of the way. 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Our defense probably played the greatest game of their lives. They held Alabama to 10 points for 3 quarters. We put up 3 FGs. That’s what I’m talking about here. If we actually scored TDs on any of those drives, we would have won. if Card is just a backup QB isn’t expected to come in and kick ass, then you are proving my point, he kind of sucks. Right? 

You're a fucking moron. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Card is a meth head homeless man’s Matt Nordgren?!

He's probably a little better than Nordgren when healthy but he's not VY, McCoy, or even Ehlinger or Sims. He's a good and solid backup QB. He can keep you in a game and give his defense and playmakers a chance to win it late. He did that today. He just couldn't make the plays that needed to be made to get TDs on those red zone drives and finish it off. He's not that guy, pal. The guy whose shoulder we need to be fine for next week looks to be that guy. 

With that attitude, we would have thrown in the towel on Vince after the OU game in 2014. It is a stupid way to look at things, especially against the best team in the country. Card will probably never be the guy. But, based on this game, I think a healthy Card could have us competing for the Big 12. I think a healthy Ewers will have us win it. 

Edited by Dahobbs

If anything I'm disappointed in Bijan a bit today. This was set up for him to turn it up another level and take over. And not only didn't he do that he made the crucial error by falling and missing the block on the last offensive play. He was good today but he wasn't Heisman candidate BAMF today. We needed him to be that once Ewers went down. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Jesus @Neonmoon you are so wrong that you're actually  making @Hermanator look like the voice of reason. You might want to take a time out and think about what you've done.

I’m having fun messing with Card stans 

But maybe…if you’re agreeing with Hermnator, it is you that are on the wrong side? Maybeeeee?

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So we’re putting this loss on the shoulders of our backup QB with a gimp ankle?

What about that star RB? Best RB in the country? Absolute non-factor today.

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So he sucks. We agree. 

So you want an all star at QB2? Do you even watch college football? 

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

If anything I'm disappointed in Bijan a bit today. This was set up for him to turn it up another level and take over. And not only didn't he do that he made the crucial error by falling and missing the block on the last offensive play. He was good today but he wasn't Heisman candidate BAMF today. We needed him to be that once Ewers went down. 

Exactly. Bijan sucked ass. Should have leaned on him and we got nothing.

I still think Bama has a legit D. Plus the field was shitty. Not making excuses but the O line was below average run blocking against the best run D in the nation. Can’t totally fault him.

Back to the topic, Card ain’t it but that was a ballsy performance today. Maalik is raw, can’t believe we’re back in the same injury situation as last year.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m having fun messing with Card stans 

But maybe…if you’re agreeing with Hermnator, it is you that are on the wrong side? Maybeeeee?

Arguing that Card isnt solely responsible for the loss and that throwing the 4th string QB who has never taken a snap in as the starter might not be a great idea=a Card stan?

canadian what GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 3

Credit to Card for not turning the ball over. That's about all he accomplished. He seems to have slightly improved. Injured or not, the offense stalled with his presence and led to a fatigued defense in the fourth quarter. I don't want to hand him accolades for not shitting his pants entirely. Of course this loss isn't on his shoulders. We'll have another freshman next year with whom we can patient. If Ewers is out for a few I'll be happy to see some new blood. I'm ready to move on from this panicky project. Barely mediocre isn't gonna cut it anymore. We have shit to do. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Would we have won with Quinn? For sure.

We also would have won if Card had two working legs, which very clearly he didn't. Calling for his demotion after gritting out a game against the best D he's ever faced on one fucking leg while getting drilled repeatedly by NFL first round picks? It's just peak bitchassedness. 

Thank you. Jesus.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I still think Bama has a legit D. Plus the field was shitty. Not making excuses but the O line was below average run blocking against the best run D in the nation. Can’t totally fault him.

Back to the topic, Card ain’t it but that was a ballsy performance today. Maalik is raw, can’t believe we’re back in the same injury situation as last year.

We have a one year old shitty field?

Great.

2 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

So just 2 examples in 4 years. Nice work, you’ve proven my point.

Why don’t you head back the CR and yell about the Eyes of Texas being racist? 

Two examples of what I think Texas should aspire to.

The spread between QB1 and QB2 shouldn't be as wide as it currently is.

And it won't be starting next year. That's a very good thing.

Edited by David Dennison

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Arguing that Card isnt solely responsible for the loss and that throwing the 4th string QB who has never taken a snap in as the starter might not be a great idea=a Card stan?

canadian what GIF by CBC

He’s just pissed because Card played like shit last year. Anyone who thinks Charles Wright & Maalik Murphy are better options is insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Creasy Bear said:

He’s just pissed because Card played like shit last year. Anyone who thinks Charles Wright & Maalik Murphy are better options is insane.

I don't think anybody really thinks they'd be a better option. I just want to see some other guys in the rotation. 

Just now, Chooky said:

I don't think anybody really thinks they'd be a better option. I just want to see some other guys in the rotation. 

I mean obviously they’re going to be in the rotation is Ewers is out for an extended time and Card’s ankle is injured. 

The discussion has been that Maalik would be a better option right now which is crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Me to but it looked like he was also hurt. 

6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Credit to Card for not turning the ball over. That's about all he accomplished. He seems to have slightly improved. Injured or not, the offense stalled with his presence and led to a fatigued defense in the fourth quarter. I don't want to hand him accolades for not shitting his pants entirely. Of course this loss isn't on his shoulders. We'll have another freshman next year with whom we can patient. If Ewers is out for a few I'll be happy to see some new blood. I'm ready to move on from this panicky project. Barely mediocre isn't gonna cut it anymore. We have shit to do. 

Card almost revenged GG.  he did what he could.  leg was obviously a problem but even when he's got 2 good legs he sees the rush and doesn't really know how to move in the pocket. its either hold it too long while stationary or bolt/try to bolt when he sees the rush.  He's limited but made a few plays.  his swing and short passes were much better from an accuracy point of view.

Wright and Murphy should get some serious reps in practice though.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

This.  Anyone who finds themselves on the same side of an argument as David Dennison should re-evaluate their position. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I just have respect for the guy that gutted out a game on one leg for us. He was playing well enough to win, probably by at least 7, before he got hurt. If you can't see that, you're completely biased by last season (and he sucked so much ass last season). 

This whole thread is dumb (obviously) but what is the "he was playing well before he got hurt!" narrative you're trying to push? He handed the ball off four times and then came up limping after the first called pass play when he bailed on the play at the first indication of pressure and ran up the middle.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

There are some dumb fuckers in this thread talking about Bijan sucked. The Bama defense, including 2 top 10 picks, sold out to stop him because our injured backup quarterback was no threat in the passing game. He still ended up with 130 all purpose yards and a TD. Y’all need to get a fucking grip on reality.

Bingo

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I see both sides of the debate; however, my larger concern is that Worthy and Sanders mostly disappeared after Ewers left.  Whether it's Card or not, these guys need to make plays.

What about Sanders 3 catches for 4 yards with a long of 8 indicates that he disappeared?

There was only Toto between him and 6 points on the screen when he fell.

Murphy obviously should not replace Card. That’s nonsense. However, if Card is too injured to play, it would make sense for Sark to setup something like 18 Wheeler plays for Murphy (run pass options) to spell Wright occasionally. That would make sense. Or, do the same with RoJo, who used to play QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would say we have the worst fans, but the truth is, almost all fan bases are like this.

Still, those ripping on Card (and Bijan???) after today seem really stupid and maybe shouldn't post about football again.

I would say we have the worst fans, but the truth is, almost all fan bases are like this.

Still, those ripping on Card (and Bijan???) after today seem really stupid and maybe shouldn't post about football again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts
  • immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers