aggy vs App State - ESPN2

Pancho

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

What's great about Game Day moving to App St next week is that Game Day crew all broadcast are going to talk about how bad Aggie sucks. They'll be regularly reminding viewers why they are in the middle of BFE for Game Day. This aggy loss is going to continue all through this week and all day next Saturday.

I have to think this is deliberate by the ESPN crew to fuck aggy. It's prob payback for paying the fuck out of players last recruiting cycle. 

Amazing how you get treated when you thump your chest about your greatness and can't back it up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

would talkiebird be that stupid?  to confess to what everyone knows, publicly?  right now, today, aggy are being left alone with their bag job on this year's class...

but would they be so stupid as to CONFESS to it openly in order to attack boomhauer?  is such a thing even possible?

It's aggy, so...

Doctor Who Yes GIF

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Whaaaaaaat. Dude, that was cold lol. But homie is still in mad shape, tho. And he's like, what, 39 or something now? Getting laid out by a dude who's still in his early 30s ain't nothing to be ashamed of. 

Turns out beating Le'Veon Bell with boxing gloves is harder than beating a toddler with a switch. Who knew? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He cannot or will not hire an OC.  That antiquated offense is Jimbo.  He is the OC.  

And if you listened to his presser, there were plenty of big plays if only his players would execute. But he takes full responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That doesn’t seem right. The night after the game, the hotel is sold out? App State just checked out of probably 60 of those rooms. What on earth is going on in Bumfuck Texas in a random Sunday to sell out a hotel? Sounds more like a butthurt aggy not wanting to rent rooms to the team.
Aggie fans utilizing the numbing effects of alcohol and unable to drive to Pearland and Cypress?

Also I went to one Aggie Midnight Yell in 8th grade with a family friend whose sister was at ATM, and I predicted that "couldn't find the State of Appalachia" bit last week. They've been recycling that bit for decades, Lamar State, Kent State, whatever. Of Course in the early 90s it was "I went to the liberry anf looked" instead of googled. Celebrating being rubes is turdition. As is sucking at shit talking or being clever. Unfunny Dorks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, the yell leaders embarrassing the school is just another tradition, whoop!  Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about a yell leader saying Joe Pa was so old he was going to keel over and die on the sideline or something?  This was years before the Sandusky stuff came out.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah, the yell leaders embarrassing the school is just another tradition, whoop!  Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about a yell leader saying Joe Pa was so old he was going to keel over and die on the sideline or something?  This was years before the Sandusky stuff came out.

From guys who wear milkmen outfits and gesticulate wildly? I don’t believe you!

Edited by Tex Pete

24 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, the yell leaders embarrassing the school is just another tradition, whoop!  Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about a yell leader saying Joe Pa was so old he was going to keel over and die on the sideline or something?  This was years before the Sandusky stuff came out.

I believe that was in San Antonio before aggy met pedo state in the Alamo Bowl.  A check of the intertubes says they have met in two Alamo Bowls, 1999 and 2007.  I think it might have been before the 1999 game when this happened.

11 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I'm outta the loop on this because I haven't spent much time watching The Days of Our Sheep daytime drama ... what's the story here?

Kings helicopter dad. Kind of a big deal If you want to continue to recruit East TX. Also, Hale supposed to be coming in for Miami game and only reconsidered aggy after King got named starter. 

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Kings helicopter dad. Kind of a big deal If you want to continue to recruit East TX. Also, Hale supposed to be coming in for Miami game and only reconsidered aggy after King got named starter.

calling him a helicopter dad isn't quite right. this isn't a Charles Thompson situation where he is seeding stories with 9.95ers and saying a bunch of dumb shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

calling him a helicopter dad isn't quite right. this isn't a Charles Thompson situation where he is seeding stories with 9.95ers and saying a bunch of dumb shit.

True.  More specifically, Kings dad, who’s a well respected HS coach in East Texas, who *supposedly* wasn’t ever thrilled with Jimbo to begin with.  My understanding is he’s a bit helicoptery, but would definitely yield to others on that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

True.  More specifically, Kings dad, who’s a well respected HS coach in East Texas, who *supposedly* wasn’t ever thrilled with Jimbo to begin with.  My understanding is he’s a bit helicoptery, but would definitely yield to others on that. 

fair enough. it's pretty widely known/reported he wanted LSU but they never showed any interest

• Hook 'Em 1

This idea that if Jimbo benches King, he will never recruit any kid from east Texas from now until infinity has taken on a life of its own.

King's dad may have influence in that part of Texas and know a lot of coaches, but other coaches can also probably even recognize that King sucks ass. 

And kids being recruited are also not completely stuck to the view of their HS coaches, especially when NIL and bags are involved as they are with the aggies.

Edited by Orange&White
....and what bluto said.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Who gives a shit? Bilbo is the god damned perfect gomer coach.

Costs then a ton of money

Not particularly good

Talks like Boomhauer.

It would be nice if he moves on so he can win enough games to string this out and become a more permanent aggy nemesis than Fran & the SS Rum Runner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

This idea that if Jimbo benches King, he will never recruit any kid from east Texas from now until infinity has taken on a life of its own.

King's dad may have influence in that part of Texas and know a lot of coaches, but other coaches can also probably even recognize that King sucks ass. 

And kids being recruited are also not completely stuck to the view of their HS coaches, especially when NIL and bags are involved as they are with the aggies.

So much this. 

The reason King is starting is because their offensive line is complete shit and they need him to scramble. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

But by Wednesday, they’ll be playoff-bound again. Just takes a while for the narrative to be set for the hive. 

Oh, there was a thread on TexAgs where somebody asked if they'd make the playoff if they won out from here. Most shit on that possibility, though.

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

Been mentioned a ton but after watching this game today, I can't stop laughing that aggie listened to Galindo through this loss. 

It wasn't Galindo. It was Anish Shroff, who sounds a lot like him but isn't nearly as terrible. Galindo hosted the post-game show on Longhorn Network.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Charles Thompson is NOT your standard helicopter dad.  The bar for a helicopter dad is much lower.  Or higher.  Whatever.  He's a prick.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

For those who thirst for more aggy tears, this game is on ESPNU right now

Tears of unfathomable aggy sadness are always appreciated.  This was probably the best vintage since UCLA in 2017.  We are really splitting hairs here with getting offensively manhandled by the Sun Belt plus mad FG shank vs pimp cane giving way to monumental chokelapse.  It's hard to go wrong either way.

Edited by Pimphand

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Tears of unfathomable aggy sadness are always appreciated.  This was probably the best vintage since UCLA in 2017.  We are really splitting hairs here with getting offensively manhandled by the Sun Belt plus mad FG shank vs pimp cane giving way to monumental chokelapse.  It's hard to go wrong either way.

Why chose between the steak and lobster when you can just order the surf and turf?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

spacer.png

Just now, Sawbonz said:

His dad coaches fucking Longview. Who gives a shit

I don’t see why it would matter, but I have to admit that I am a fan of aggy continuing to start a shitty QB in order to maintain relationships in East Texas.  That’s some good shit that I’ll be happy to watch for the duration of King’s career.

• Like 1