aggy vs App State - ESPN2

Pancho

22 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Jimbo ended the press conference with

"The program is.. The program is still there"

I don't know dude.  aggy just moved one from its"8" column over to the "4's". Hopefully aggy can still find a replacement for one of the 8s.  I want Jumbo still there when we happen to them.

But hey, won the recruiting war.

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Then he'll threaten to leave. He's got all the power and is looking at his FSU redux already. Does nebraska or auburn have enough cash to make a run at him?

Why would he threaten to leave? That's not a threat, his contract is guaranteed and his leaving would be the only way they get out of the $100 million they owe him. 

More likely he'll just say "No. Fire me if you don't like it."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Then he'll threaten to leave. He's got all the power and is looking at his FSU redux already. Does nebraska or auburn have enough cash to make a run at him?

Why would they want to?  He’s either a bad QB evaluator or a bad QB developer.  Either way, you’re looking at mediocrity if your QB room sucks.  I say this as a Texas fan who is very familiar with what a mediocre QB room lools like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

You're telling me aggy lost to a school that doesn't pay their coach enough so that he can afford a sugar baby?

They're young, need snaps

They were distracted by the sips game

Weird Saturday, even Notre Dame lost,

The collie got diarrhea in the locker room before the game.

looch, is that you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It will be interesting to see if the aggies can make Jimbo hire a real OC. They can’t fire him. 

Aggy has zero leverage. Kind of the issue with giving someone a guaranteed contract. When you tell someone that no matter what they do, they’ll get paid the same amount……. Any incentive for that person goes “poof”.  An up and coming coach MIGHT still bust his ass, in order to build a resume of success for future contracts. But one who’s on the tail end of their career???? Yeah fuckin right!! Dudes mailing it in more often than not, and won’t care or listen to anything others say.

Unless aggy has blackmail on Jimbo, they relinquished any power they had over him by structuring his contract as they did. However, they probably had to structure it that way to wven lure him into that shithole. 

Now….. we know that aggy illegally acquired their recruiting class last year. So there is blackmail dirt there. Just would depend on who’s involved and to what degree of knowledge certain people had. We joke and call Jimbo a dumb cuck….. but I’m venturing to think he stayed far enough away from last years recruiting fuckery to where it would allow for a “for cause” termination 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why would he threaten to leave? That's not a threat, his contract is guaranteed and his leaving would be the only way they get out of the $100 million they owe him. 

More likely he'll just say "No. Fire me if you don't like it."

To get another raise or avoid an OC. They've got too much invested for him to leave right now. 2 years from now is a different story. He's got them over a barrel 

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

SHSU is about to lose to Northern Arizona 10-3. A&M struggling against them last week looks even worse now. These guys are looking at 5-7 

A&M held SHSU to 3.6 yards per play and their fans thought that meant their defense was an all timer.

SHSU gained 4.2 ypp tonight against Northern Arizona. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

Aggy has zero leverage. Kind of the issue with giving someone a guaranteed contract. When you tell someone that no matter what they do, they’ll get paid the same amount……. Any incentive for that person goes “poof”.

Exactly.

This is Jimbo under his contract.

70214ffa102ebdcd5d23781a19db3bca_3x3.jpg

6 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Dude it’s obvious.   He will be fired for cause. NCAA investigation into last years class will make it easy enough.   Evidence of cheating will magically appear.   The only thing I’m surprised about is how fast it’s likely to happen.   

I have no doubt they've had eyes on him from the day he was hired trying to line up a morality out if needed, but I don't think it will be the recruiting.  First, they'd have to admit they cheated to land that class, and second there would be too much collateral damage coming forward about that.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Dude it’s obvious.   He will be fired for cause. NCAA investigation into last years class will make it easy enough.   Evidence of cheating will magically appear.   The only thing I’m surprised about is how fast it’s likely to happen.   

I gotta believe he ran shit by his lawyer on the recruiting ordeal before it even started. Just doesn’t seem likely for a person who is going to receive $75+ million no matter what….. to risk it without assuring his actions don’t jeopardize future payment.

To be fair it's not the first time the aggy lost to a sunbelt team in collie station. The best ever recruiting class in the history of the NCAA folded like a cheap tent at home against a mighty Sun Belt powerhouse. Sucks to suck, aggy can suck a fat one.

Arkansas State vs. Texas A&M - Game Summary - August 30 2008 - ESPN.png

38 minutes ago, FWD said:

I predict Jimbo will swap out QBs and the rollercoaster will reset itself.

This is exactly what will happen. The transfer will start next week and they will look a lot better on offense and they will wonder what the hell Jimbo was thinking by starting King. 

They’ll assume Bama is down due to only beating us by one and talk of “we can still win the SEC” will resume.

It’s cyclical.

On 9/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, Chopper said:

I'm admittedly wishcasting quite a bit. But the tamu  OL is vulnerable and I think they're going to have problems against App State's speed at edge. King's not going to have nearly as much time in the pocket as he did against SHSU and I think they'll also be able to cheat to stop the run. Meanwhile App State's offense is pretty explosive and will cause problems for the tamu defensive backs. If King plays at least 3 quarters he'll have 3 more INT's and if CO allowed legal bets on college sports I'd jump on the 14.5 points for sure. 37 - 27 App State.

56 minutes ago, sdm said:

looch, is that you?

Admittedly I predicted last week that aggy would put 13 points more on the scoreboard than they were able to manage. So maybe you want to count my over-estimating the tamu offense as additional evidence?

image.png.6d07d5b5a2fa58c27f70791d45ee8a67.png

I totally missed on how many INTs King would get but a 26.9 qbr with no INTs seems pretty remarkable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Admittedly I predicted last week that aggy would put 13 points more on the scoreboard than they were able to manage. So maybe you want to count my over-estimating the tamu offense as additional evidence?

I totally missed on how many INTs King would get but a 26.9 qbr with no INTs seems pretty remarkable.

The funny thing is that Quinn had more yards passing in a quarter against Bama than that sad sack of shit King had in an entire game against App State.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

To put this in context. UNC scored 63 on the same defense last weekend without their top 2 wide receivers. 

• Hook 'Em 3