Wulaw Horn

Welp, Alabama was gutting.  We had those fuckers just like the Colt McCoy game. Ewers going down while playing so well was incredibly cruel, and apparently the only way that second rate institution of mediocre learning can beat Texas. I really look forward to us going to the SEC, beating them up and taking their lunch money, and turning them into Alabraska. Your day of reckoning is coming Gumps. 
Now, onto our first attempt to not let the Bama game beat us twice, as the great Mack Brown used to say. Let’s hope and pray for clean imaging for Quinn, his quick return to health, and a 13-1 season. 

Buddy. This is so true.

I told my pop leaving the game that the last emotional loss like this for this team, we wound up losing 5 in a row.

Now, I think we all saw a different team out there, but let’s move on and crush the Roadrunners
  • Hook 'Em 2

Our defense should have no problem disrupting Frank Harris. We might get a few picks and defensive TDs. Offense is a whole nother story. Give Maalik Murphy some playing time to evaluate him. If Charles Wright has to play(hoping he doesn't) then it's a Randy McEachern type of situation: give the ball to Bijan or RoJo then get the hell out of the way.  

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I found an article about it from days ago, but couldn't view it.  What all injuries do they have?

RT was injured against Houston. Out for a significant amount of time. His backup is also banged up and left the Army game. 

They also had a guard injured in the Army game. Not sure about his status. 

6 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

If Card is starting we aren’t blowing anyone out

Army's 2nd string QB just threw for 300 yards against UTSA's defense. 

If Card is healthy and can't put up yards against this defense he is really shitty. 

31 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Buddy. This is so true.

I told my pop leaving the game that the last emotional loss like this for this team, we wound up losing 5 in a row.

Now, I think we all saw a different team out there, but let’s move on and crush the Roadrunners

Yes, the difference is that we should have won vs OU but lost because our defense looked terrible. By contrast, yesterday, we "should have" been blown away, but we kept it tight because our defense played so well. One outcome gives you hope, and the other crushes it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

Dude, Card looked good yesterday. Against the best defense in the country. Yes, Quinn looked better--arguably much better--but Card got the ball to his playmakers, kept drives going, and didn't look nearly as spooked as he did last year, all while obviously injured. We're significantly better this year if Quinn returns soon, but if Card plays and looks like he did yesterday, we'll have some good wins.

Yep. I know his resume isn’t all that great up to now, but yesterday was Card’s best game as a Longhorn, and it was against Ala-fucking-bama. A long way from his deer-in-the-headlights performance against Arkansas.

The next three games are pretty manageable if we don’t get Ewers back before OU.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Well Bama didn’t go how we wanted but we learned something. We learned when adversity hits we won’t lay down and fold like we did last season!!!! Your starting QB gets taken out then your backup gets hurt and you still go out and play to win!! That’s growth!!! 

Now let’s find out if we can put that behind us and like @Wulaw Horn not let Bama beat us twice!!!! Consistency was a big thing for this team! Let’s eee if we can come out with another good week of practice and dominate like we know we can and should!!

Everything is still in front of us!!!
Let’s take care of business!!!

#Hookem 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Man, I tell ya' yesterday's game probably took a lot out of all of us emotionally.  The intensity and the anxiety were at max levels.  It would be easy look past UTSA at the chump on the schedule and not worry about 'em.  I believe our guys will be ready though.  However, there's always this gem for some motivation.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Ewers doesn't go down and we win that game then there's danger the team let's down against UTSA. 

With the loss and Ewers out there's zero chance the team let's down against them. They may not play as well, especially defensively, but that wouldn't be because they overlooked them. I expect a solid 20+ pt win. 

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

We should consider the 2021 KSU gameplan for this one. We probably wont know much about QB availability until gameday though.

We need to mix in more Wildcat passes. RoJo came here as a QB anyway and it’d be a great way to catch them off guard

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

If Card is starting we aren’t blowing anyone out

With protection between the 20's I think Card can be serviceable but we need to find a heavy package and or wildcat we can employ inside the 20.   We did do it once inside the 10 yesterday.

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Not looking last but after a tough loss against a much superior team not as keyed in. Maybe trap isn’t the right word for that.

ND sucks and they have a horrible head coach. Not at all the same. 

I wouldn’t read too much into UTSA’s Army stats. That team is a nightmare to prepare for and shocked everyone by throwing it so much. I do think the talent difference in the trenches alone is way too much for the runners to overcome. Should be a comfortable UT win.

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Just win Baby

This -- Texas has to really bring it and run the ball well against UTSA.  Horns defense has to bring that "bama effort" this Saturday.

Roadrunners are gonna put out their max effort against Texas -- it's their Superbowl.

• immamac changed the title to UTSA VS Texas 9/17/22
  • immamac locked this topic