Wulaw Horn

Wright isn’t going to play. Card will be in there to hand-off and throw some short passes. This is the definition of a let’s just do the minimum to win and move on game. UTSA has about 1 or 2 healthy starters on the o-line, they won’t be able to do anything offensively. Texas wins 31-10. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Let's see that line in a couple days when they know UTSA will be playing walk-on caliber tackles due to injuries. 

Eh, QB's and RB's move lines way more than OL. Aka not having Quinn moves a line way more than UTSA's starting two tackles being out.

23 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

It might also be that Card had a much better grasp on this game plan.

the guy was limping around on one ankle. Sark said the gameplan changed after that, so grasp on the gameplan didn't matter at that point. again, Card was seriously hurt and gutted it out and the coaching staff still left him in. that's basically all any of us need to know about Wright vs Card.

• Hook 'Em 1

Let's see that line in a couple days when they know UTSA will be playing walk-on caliber tackles due to injuries. 

Eh, QB's and RB's move lines way more than OL. Aka not having Quinn moves a line way more than UTSA's starting two tackles being out.

16 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Malik is behind wright he should probably portal, especially with arch coming next year. I thought for sure he would be next in line. Guess not.

God damn man, your takes and mental gymnastics are a beating to read sometimes. Do you just throw shit at a dart board filled with stupid thoughts scribbled in Crayon or just a sad troll too scared of his own shadow to think up shit to post that isn’t mind numbingly bad?  

You seem to have a backbone with the strength of tissue paper. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well, Vegas has this game as a 11.5 point spread so the experts don’t expect us to cruise.

Weeks like this are where coaches earn their money. They are problem solvers. The good ones find a way to piece it together. It doesn’t have to be pretty, just find a way.

Those same experts expected Bama to roll us.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

the guy was limping around on one ankle. Sark said the gameplan changed after that, so grasp on the gameplan didn't matter at that point. again, Card was seriously hurt and gutted it out and the coaching staff still left him in. that's basically all any of us need to know about Wright vs Card.

You do understand the difference between Wright getting no reps in the week leading up to the Bama game, and getting all the reps in the week leading up to UTSA, while also considering Sarkisian building a gameplan around Wright's strength's as opposed to Ewers and Card?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We benefited playing ULL week 1 instead of week 3. Unfamiliarity was our friend in that game on both sides of the ball. ULL wasn’t aware we couldn’t set the edge worth a damn.

Not saying I expect UTSA to beat us, but the circumstances are different and I also think UTSA has more firepower offensively. I like their group of receivers.

Maybe so, but appears their firing pins (offensive line) are faulty/defective……crippling its ability to cause damage. We know first hand how that scenario plays out

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Wright isn’t going to play. Card will be in there to hand-off and throw some short passes. This is the definition of a let’s just do the minimum to win and move on game. UTSA has about 1 or 2 healthy starters on the o-line, they won’t be able to do anything offensively. Texas wins 31-10. 

Card can barely walk today.....IT belives Wright most likely gets to start. Card will be a gametime decision if anything.

UTSA is a much less balanced offense this year than they've been in the past with RB Sincere McCormick graduating. So far this year, QB Frank Harris is their leading rusher, but he's been throwing for over 300 yards per game - something he only did twice last year. WR Zakhari Franklin is a dude and will likely be the guy that gets behind us once or twice on Saturday. 

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Card can barely walk today.....IT belives Wright most likely gets to start. Card will be a gametime decision if anything.

It's probably best for the team if Wright is able to start this week and we make it through UTSA so we have card rested and ready to go for conference play until Ewers is back.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think that’d be best, but it seems most football coaches will play a gimpy QB over the healthy backup if at all possible. Maybe sark is different. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think that’d be best, but it seems most football coaches will play a gimpy QB over the healthy backup if at all possible. Maybe sark is different. 

If the goal is to win the Big 12, this game means nothing except optics. Trotting A hurt Card out there to potentially be out for TT/WV is stupid. Let him rest 

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, Droopy said:

God damn man, your takes and mental gymnastics are a beating to read sometimes. Do you just throw shit at a dart board filled with stupid thoughts scribbled in Crayon or just a sad troll too scared of his own shadow to think up shit to post that isn’t mind numbingly bad?  

Yeah I agree with you.  Wishing/forecasting a portal at the QB position is fools gold. He must not remember the QB wasteland we've been in starting with Gilbert, Ash, Case, the Utah QB fro CA transferring, Casey, Swoopes, Hurd, the private Houston HS kid transferring and on and on and on.  A healthy program needs kids to develop and ideally bide their time.  I understand this is a different era and we are less than a year from having Arch and Ewers...but got-damn we need quality depth, especially at the QB pos.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's probably best for the team if Wright is able to start this week and we make it through UTSA so we have card rested and ready to go for conference play until Ewers is back.

Would be beneficial for multiple reasons.

1) Allows staff to observe/evaluate Wrights ability to operate the offense (and identify strengths and weaknesses)

2) Gives Wright live game experience/reps. Cards inability to remain healthy means Wright could be inserted on any play. I’d rather Wright get as much experience vs the least talented team on our remaining schedule, than to start Card this week…….only to have him go down vs Tech (which would then have Wrights first game action on the road vs a more talented squad)

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah, even if Card is serviceable by Saturday, he'll have missed a week of practice. You plan to start Wright, work in RoJo wildcat (perhaps a bit heavier than usual), and, if possible have Card available in case the shit really hits the fan.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If the goal is to win the Big 12, this game means nothing except optics. Trotting A hurt Card out there to potentially be out for TT/WV is stupid. Let him rest 

The goal should be to keep our recruiting class. Right now, we have a massive advantage over our biggest in-state recruiting rival, as we played Bama tight while they lost to app state at home. If UTSA wins, we lose ALL that momentum. The fact that we were on QB3 and missing other key players won't even be a footnote in the narrative. We have to win this one.

• Hook 'Em 5

This is gonna be the RoJo game.  We might not blow them out, but we are going to beat UTSA’s ass.  This is where we see that Sark is a good evaluator of talent who does not leave players on his roster who can’t play.  Wright is not as good as Ewers, not even close.  But if he is the guy this game then he will be fine.  He can make the plays necessary to beat a team like UTSA.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

To say nothing about the idiotic Card vs. Wright debate, "the goal" is win out and exact revenge on Bama in the CFP. So, this game means something. Get on board motherfuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Even if it's Wright I don't expect this to be a "game manager" type ordeal. 

UTSA's secondary is hot ass. Go watch them against Army. They were getting burned consistently against a QB and WRs in a triple option offense. The biggest advantage in this game is probably our WRs against their DBs. 

If it becomes obvious that Wright can't hit open WRs than change your approach but I don't think UTSA has a shot in hell of covering our WRs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

To say nothing about the idiotic Card vs. Wright debate, "the goal" is win out and exact revenge on Bama in the CFP. So, this game means something. Get on board motherfuckers. 

Okay. No it’s not. That’s your homer fan expectation. The team goal is to win the Big 12. We aren’t a playoff team 

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

The fact that we were on QB3 and missing other key players won't even be a footnote in the narrative. 

To be fair, aggy lost to AppSt while having to play QB3 as well. Now…..QB1 and QB2 for aggy were perfectly healthy, but it’s still a way Jimbo can counter the negative impacts of the loss

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If they rest Bijan, it would be nice to see Jonathon Brooks gets some early action in this game. Would like to see what he can do with the 1s 

Me too. Brooks is intriguing as one of those guys who absolutely lit it up against not-great competition. What's his ceiling? We don't know, cause he's never been pushed. He could be outstanding, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Yeah I agree with you.  Wishing/forecasting a portal at the QB position is fools gold. He must not remember the QB wasteland we've been in starting with Gilbert, Ash, Case, the Utah QB fro CA transferring, Casey, Swoopes, Hurd, the private Houston HS kid transferring and on and on and on.  A healthy program needs kids to develop and ideally bide their time.  I understand this is a different era and we are less than a year from having Arch and Ewers...but got-damn we need quality depth, especially at the QB pos.

Just now, Js1 said:

Okay. No it’s not. That’s your homer fan expectation. The team goal is to win the Big 12. We aren’t a playoff team 

So you think Alabama is not a CFP team?  We got beat by them by 1 on a last second field goal with a one legged back up QB and multiple bullshit missed calls.  If Alabama is a CFP team then we can be one....and I guarantee you the team thinks they can too.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We took Bama to the wire. If we build on that performance, continue to improve in key areas and hold it together while Ewers it out, anything is possible.

breaking-bad-walter-jr.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Augustus said:

Okay I'm just asking because I honestly don't know the answer.

Why would several of you be calling for Charles Wright if Card can't go?

All I heard about Maalik Murphy (and this was before Ewers was on board, I think) was that he was some kind of all world talent.  To be fair, I'm basing this on comments or tweets I saw from Ketchum, who was suggesting that Murphy was a "6-Star" QB.

I don't know anything about the season Murphy wound up having last fall.

Well there's your problem. Fucking Ketch.

Maalik has an absolute cannon, he's a natural leader, but he's a pro-style QB and Sark's completely reworking his throwing motion because he had a long wind-up in high school. Not exactly an awesome time to throw him in an important game.

• Hook 'Em 2

With Wright at QB, subbing in Rojo for wild cat is the call.  I expect a ton of Sanders in the flat, swing passes to our backs and heavy dose of power running.  Rojo can throw the swing pass, run some option and have Wright take the occasional down field throw.  Have to think field position, punt return and special teams in general will be key.  No dumb penalties and grind it out.   Get a lead and lets see MM for game experience.  Rest Bijan, let the D do their thing.

Edited by jdhorn92

Just now, babysdaddy said:

So you think Alabama is not a CFP team?  We got beat by them by 1 on a last second field goal with a one legged back up QB and multiple bullshit missed calls.  If Alabama is a CFP team then we can be one....and I guarantee you the team thinks they can too.

Sure. But we are starting QB3 on Saturday. And who knows for Tech and WV. We are also young as shit. Forecasting us to the playoffs = Texas back bullshit 

Wouldn’t really be so catastrophic if Maalik got some snaps over the next two or three games?

I get that he may be raw still and going through a throwing motion transition, but he is still a highly talented athlete that could affect plays positively, right?

i’m not saying he should start without question and instantly  be expected to be the savior, or anything like that, but treating him getting into a game like it’s this catastrophic impossibility seems a touch weird ??

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep....  IF the score is close, we won't take a lick in the media because winning a close game against them is not like winning one against  a NM State or UTEP.  While the Runners are not the team that caught the attention of everyone last year, they are still decent and will still get that same respect from the sports media that pumped them up last year.  We could win 28-14 or something like that and it would be treated as another day at the office.

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure. But we are starting QB3 on Saturday. And who knows for Tech and WV. We are also young as shit. Forecasting us to the playoffs = Texas back bullshit 

He didn't forecast.  He said it's the goal, which it is.  Don't put words in people's mouths just because you want to emotionally protect yourself.

As for me?

Mrw GIF

• Hook 'Em 1